Opinion Is/was this a fair thing to say/ask?? Re: #metoo, #believeallwomen

Social Distance Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(Disclaimer: This is NOT a shit on Kobe Bryant thread. from my undestanding, he did a mountain of charity work and was generous with donations etc.)

With Kobe's passing, and Weinstein's conviction recently and many FB reactions to both..
the drama between Snoop Dog and Gayle King, I've come across some interesting observations....and to top it off I finally finished Chanel's book, "know my name" (regarding Brock Turner)

With Weinstein's conviction, there were many of my friends on FB who said justice was served...and most posted the hashtag: #believeallwomen or #believewomen.

Normally, I don't pay attention to celebrity drama, but it came up on my newsfeed numerous times regarding Snoop Dog and this woman named Gayle King.

Gayle King is an TV personality and host. in an interview with WNBA star Lisa Leslie, she asked this:

"It's been said that his legacy is complicated because of a sexual assault charge which was dismissed in 2003, 2004. Is it complicated for you, as a woman, as a WNBA (Women's National Basketball Association) player?"

Gayle King insists that this clip was abridged and taken out of context. Nevertheless, it warranted a fierce reaction from many people, including Snoop Dog who replied via INstagram: We expect more from you Gayle," "Respect the family and back off, b----, before we come get you.” (to his credit, he later apologized)

I mean, isn't this a fair question? Does Kobe's rape allegation and how his "alleged" victim received death threats and eventually paid hush money (2 million) ...does this somewhat tarnish his legacy?

of course, I wouldn't broach this question on the day of his death...but is this not a fair question?

I ask because the very same people (real life people, not people I meet online) who were devastated by Kobe's death (many of them women) completely overlooked the rape allegation and celebrated the conviction of Weinstein...and were outraged when Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed.

I mean, if we are to "believe all women", why isn't this same amount of credence afforded to Kobe's alleged victim?

Not to play semantics, but there was a great deal of forensic evidence implicating Kobe, rather than the allegations against Brett Kavanaugh.

How does one reconcile these?

all opinions welcome.

The "believe women" slogan was/is concerning. Presuming accusers to be telling the truth is akin to presuming people accused of crimes to be guilty.

Meh, he was a great ball player regardless of his off court antics. Was Tyson not great because he went to jail? Was Ray Robinson less of a successful boxer because he smacked his wife around?

I don't know enough about the case to give a an opinion. Ill say I do find it weird how many people were crying when he died. Not just crying but people claiming they cant stop crying. How do you feel such empathy for a guy you don't know? Is it because he was good at basketball? People die all the time, why don't you cry for them?

I don't know enough about the case to give a an opinion. Ill say I do find it weird how many people were crying when he died. Not just crying but people claiming they cant stop crying. How do you feel such empathy for a guy you don't know? Is it because he was good at basketball? People die all the time, why don't you cry for them?

This was another aspect I don't quite understand either. some guy started a thread about this in the Mayberry. how he can't stop crying watching the Kobe specials.

We only believe all women if it’s a white guy being accused.

If it’s a black athlete or a Muslim rape gang the rule doesn’t apply.

<TheDonald>

Last edited:
(Disclaimer: This is NOT a shit on Kobe Bryant thread. from my undestanding, he did a mountain of charity work and was generous with donations etc.)

With Kobe's passing, and Weinstein's conviction recently and many FB reactions to both..
the drama between Snoop Dog and Gayle King, I've come across some interesting observations....and to top it off I finally finished Chanel's book, "know my name" (regarding Brock Turner)

With Weinstein's conviction, there were many of my friends on FB who said justice was served...and most posted the hashtag: #believeallwomen or #believewomen.

Normally, I don't pay attention to celebrity drama, but it came up on my newsfeed numerous times regarding Snoop Dog and this woman named Gayle King.

Gayle King is an TV personality and host. in an interview with WNBA star Lisa Leslie, she asked this:

"It's been said that his legacy is complicated because of a sexual assault charge which was dismissed in 2003, 2004. Is it complicated for you, as a woman, as a WNBA (Women's National Basketball Association) player?"

Gayle King insists that this clip was abridged and taken out of context. Nevertheless, it warranted a fierce reaction from many people, including Snoop Dog who replied via INstagram: We expect more from you Gayle," "Respect the family and back off, b----, before we come get you.” (to his credit, he later apologized)

I mean, isn't this a fair question? Does Kobe's rape allegation and how his "alleged" victim received death threats and eventually paid hush money (2 million) ...does this somewhat tarnish his legacy?

of course, I wouldn't broach this question on the day of his death...but is this not a fair question?

I ask because the very same people (real life people, not people I meet online) who were devastated by Kobe's death (many of them women) completely overlooked the rape allegation and celebrated the conviction of Weinstein...and were outraged when Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed.

I mean, if we are to "believe all women", why isn't this same amount of credence afforded to Kobe's alleged victim?

Not to play semantics, but there was a great deal of forensic evidence implicating Kobe, rather than the allegations against Brett Kavanaugh.

How does one reconcile these?

all opinions welcome.

If Brett Kavanaugh passed away, MSM would be all too eager to crown every headline with some type of "Alleged rapist" and segue into a story of how brave Blassey Ford was. It's absolutely fair to bring that up about Kobe, people are just playing favorites. They want to forgive some, but not others. Now, Kobe should be remembered for his on the court accomplishments and what he meant to the game of basketball. No doubt. Snoop is just being a bitch. He got away with murder and has made a career saying the most derogatory things about women. Yet he's another one immune to the whole #metoo bullshit, for no reason.

It's perfectly fair to ask, though I would probably have chosen not to because of the optics. I don't care about basketball, so I don't really have much of an opinion on Kobe, but it will probably always complicate his legacy to some people.

'Snoop to his credit apologized!'
What??? He is a cunt! Anyone who is as unintelligent as that fucker or speaks to a female like that, is a no one, and people should realize he's a piece of shit! Anyone who looks up to fuckers like that need their heads examined.

Yeah. We never here about any of the other people who died in the crash.

If Brett Kavanaugh passed away, MSM would be all too eager to crown every headline with some type of "Alleged rapist" and segue into a story of how brave Blassey Ford was. It's absolutely fair to bring that up about Kobe, people are just playing favorites. They want to forgive some, but not others. Now, Kobe should be remembered for his on the court accomplishments and what he meant to the game of basketball. No doubt. Snoop is just being a bitch. He got away with murder and has made a career saying the most derogatory things about women. Yet he's another one immune to the whole #metoo bullshit, for no reason.

this is another thing I never quite understood about the #metoo movement and those who often throw around the term, "Toxic masculinity."

Rappers, and rap music often get a free pass.

Go* *amn s*xual de*iant sc*mba* *efti*t c*nts

I take it you've watched The Dark Knight a few times huh?

Its been awhile, why?

Reminded me of the Joker line about people being wired to care about what they're told to care about, regardless of what it is. There's a lot of truth to it.

Reminded me of the Joker line about people being wired to care about what they're told to care about, regardless of what it is. There's a lot of truth to it.

Yeah. A good online friend of mine kept telling me how he couldn't stop crying and I just didn't understand it.

Maybe im just heartless

No one actually #believeallwomen. They just tout that when its politically convenient for them.

Yea I don't get this either.

Meh, he was a great ball player regardless of his off court antics. Was Tyson not great because he went to jail? Was Ray Robinson less of a successful boxer because he smacked his wife around?
Don’t you dare besmirch the name of Ray Robinson. Too soon, man.

Back