Opinion Is/was this a fair thing to say/ask?? Re: #metoo, #believeallwomen

I think that the hard question is how you weigh something like that against the rest of someone's life.

And I think that everyone would really acknowledge that some portion of accusations are not true. The problem has been that a lot of them have not been taken seriously and investigated properly. So the change that we should get (and have been getting) is increased appreciation that allegations of that nature are serious and should be investigated the way any other crime is investigated ("you say your house was burglarized, but did you give any reason to think that maybe your stuff was just there to be taken? You do have a history of giving good gifts. Maybe your equipment shouldn't have been made visible from the window.").

Last edited:
This was another aspect I don't quite understand either. some guy started a thread about this in the Mayberry. how he can't stop crying watching the Kobe specials.
Lol I see Mayberry hasn’t changed. Bunch of crybaby weirdos

We only believe all women if it’s a white guy being accused.

If it’s a black basketball athlete or a Muslim rape gang the rule doesn’t apply.

<TheDonald>

Ahem,

That's "Asian" rape gang you bigot.

<[analyzed}>

This was another aspect I don't quite understand either. some guy started a thread about this in the Mayberry. how he can't stop crying watching the Kobe specials.

Yeah, I saw that thread. Fucking cringy shit seeing grown men cry over a celebrity.

Yeah. A good online friend of mine kept telling me how he couldn't stop crying and I just didn't understand it.

Maybe im just heartless
Actually it's the opposite. Your friend is the one who is heartless because he has no idea what the appropriate response should be to something like that. He wants to be seen as compassionate and authentic but he actually feels nothing so he's going to go overboard with his reaction.

And I think that everyone would really acknowledge that some portion of accusations are not true. The problem has been that a lot of them have not been taken seriously and investigated properly.

See this right here is what people should be talking about with all these sexual assault allegations. Until there are facts, evidence, and witnesses to a crime no one should believe anyone the victim or the alleged suspect/s. Instead of "believe all women" they should have said "listen to all women." That way we can hear what they have to say, investigate, and then come to conclusions after we know the facts. That's why it's innocent until proven guilty not the other way around.

The problem with movements like Me Too is that they became witch hunts just like all of these hashtag movements and even if the person being accused is found innocent, they are still considered guilty by some of the general public.

See this right here is what people should be talking about with all these sexual assault allegations. Until there are facts, evidence, and witnesses to a crime no one should believe anyone the victim or the alleged suspect/s. Instead of "believe all women" they should have said "listen to all women." That way we can hear what they have to say, investigate, and then come to conclusions after we know the facts. That's why it's innocent until proven guilty not the other way around.

The problem with movements like Me Too is that they became witch hunts just like all of these hashtag movements and even if the person being accused is found innocent, they are still considered guilty by some of the general public.

I bet @ToxicShocker believes all women. Most incels do.

Yeah, I saw that thread. Fucking cringy shit seeing grown men cry over a celebrity.

you shut your whore mouth. I'm still crying over Jones decimating Shogun.

giphy.gif

A lot of the famous people who were vocal in the #metoo, #timesup, #believewomen movements also like to have their picture taken at Lakers games. Kobe is a Hollywood hero. He is royalty. He brought an element of glamour, excitement and prestige to that city in a way that no movie star, director or producer can. He's the superstar that the stars get excited for. With that said, it's really been something to watch how this part of his legacy has been skated over and even ignored in the birthplace of #metoo.

But it should come as no surprise that the people who make these rules and/or aggressively promote them in attention-seeking manners aren't willing to be 100% faithful them.

I don't #believeanybody unless they can provide compelling evidence. You want to make a claim then the burden of proof is on you. If you expect to ruin someone's life with a sob story then you can peddle your wares somewhere else as far as i'm concerned.

The hardest thing for people to admit is that two seemingly opposite viewpoints can both be true at the same time.

There is undoubtedly a significant amount of women who were taken advantage of, perhaps even raped, and treated like garbage or harlots, not just by society, but also the legal system.

There is also a very long history, of white women in particular, accusing a black man of rape after a sexual tryst became exposed and she lied about the consent...sending innocent men to jail or even their deaths.

Anyone with knowledge of Kobe's accuser knows she was either a money grubbing slut, or simply a lying cock hungry whore.

The left co-opted the hastag to go after Kavanaugh and destroyed its credibility.

fuck the cancel culture and the meetoo movement. it basically gives women a free pass to make bad decisions, make false accusations and face no repercussions

Back