"Islam is famous for defending against 45'ers"

Arman...?

You know the guy who's literally going to be ranked #1 tomorrow...?
You want Arman to make a quick turnaround after going 3 hard rounds with Charles? I thought you were happy all these fighters were getting wise to Islams bullshit?

If Arman is not going to be 100% by June, then Dustin getting a TS has no bearing on Armans title shot. He is a lock for Fall 2024 TS with Islam.

Yeah, pretty sad. UFC is kinda a circus. Volk wasn't training poster surgery, on the couch and drinking a lot and he decided to jump in as a late replacement up a weight to rematch Islam and save the PPV? No Hill, who was fatter than normal, came back off short notice while not actively training post Achilles tear to take a short notice fight vs Pereira to save 300? Just sucks. Now Poirier who has no takedown defense and got his head kicked off 1 fight ago is facing Islam because of "timing". Whatever.

Basically none of that is true.

Hill was already back training and looked to be in the best shape of his career.

Wasn't short notice against Pereira.

Poirier got his head kicked off 2 fights ago, not 1.

But yes Volk claims he was drinking before his rematch.

Islam is a great wrestler but he's no Khabib, he's highly technical but he struggles with top control and even in their first fight it was close until Arman gassed.

Charles can pull submissions out of nowhere, that's is speciality. Chris Wade had Islam in a similar position earlier in his career. Arman is not a submission artist, if anything his grappling is more like Khabibs than Islam's is. He's also probably the best GnP guy in the division.

I don't think Islam's wrestling is as good as you make it out to be, he is probably the best in the division but not absurdly better than anyone. He had a hard time with the likes of Arman, Moises and Volk who are probably the only 3 guys with a ground game.

This fight likely ends up being a striking battle. Islam is more technical, makes fewer mistakes, where as Arman is more explosive.
How much trouble did he have with their grappling? He subbed Moises, he took Volk down every round but the last round, got his back, and Volk needed the bell to ring to get up in 2 of those, and Arman did a good job avoiding damage, but was consistently outwrestled the whole fight.

Yeah, pretty sad. UFC is kinda a circus. Volk wasn't training poster surgery, on the couch and drinking a lot and he decided to jump in as a late replacement up a weight to rematch Islam and save the PPV? No Hill, who was fatter than normal, came back off short notice while not actively training post Achilles tear to take a short notice fight vs Pereira to save 300? Just sucks. Now Poirier who has no takedown defense and got his head kicked off 1 fight ago is facing Islam because of "timing". Whatever.
Poitier is fighting Islam cause he took a fight against a young lion and finished him. Fairly simple actually.

Didn't the majority of everyone shit on Colby and Chito getting title shots? Everyone I know knew those were undeserved.
I don't know about the majority when it comes to Colby. As one of the biggest Colby haters on this site I can tell you that there was definitely a lot of people defending his TS. They'd say shit like "He's only lost to Usman" or "Without Usman he's a longstanding champ".

Since the Leon fight though it seems even many of his most delusional fans have come to the realization that he is massively overrated.

You want Arman to make a quick turnaround after going 3 hard rounds with Charles? I thought you were happy all these fighters were getting wise to Islams bullshit?

If Arman is not going to be 100% by June, then Dustin getting a TS has no bearing on Armans title shot. He is a lock for Fall 2024 TS with Islam.
If Islam beat Arman in June they'd be saying "Islam had to get Arman on a short turn around fight while he had months to prepare". If Islam and Arman fought in September they'd be saying "Islam still hasn't cleared the division he only does rematches". They're always playing 3 card monty with their anti-Dagi arguments lol.

It's fights.

When these fights are over, they'll book more fights.

You gonna watch?

Maybe change your viewing habits. Only watch fights you think should happen. Turn off the TV for all the other fights.

It's the same as ignore on sherdog.

You only see what you want to see.

If Islam beat Arman in June they'd be saying "Islam had to get Arman on a short turn around fight while he had months to prepare". If Islam and Arman fought in September they'd be saying "Islam still hasn't cleared the division he only does rematches". They're always playing 3 card monty with their anti-Dagi arguments lol.
Tbh, at least I would have been very happy with that outcome. Arman in September. Fair scedule, this older Arman with ten more fights is equal to a fresh match up, and the more than deserving number one contender. And I guess you see me as “anti-dagi”.
In worst case scenario we will have Poirier next and a long layup because of a real or fake injury or other bs going on, until Arman has to take an another fight not sit out too long. This would be a nightmare for the division.

Oh I am aware of that. I only reply to them as a form of entertainment or to demonstrate to other posters how silly their arguments are. I don't think they really care and I don't believe they are commenting in good faith.

Tbh, at least I would have been very happy with that outcome. Arman in September. Fair scedule, this older Arman with ten more fights is equal to a fresh match up, and the more than deserving number one contender. And I guess you see me as “anti-dagi”.
In worst case scenario we will have Poirier next and a long layup because of a real or fake injury or other bs going on, until Arman has to take an another fight not sit out too long. This would be a nightmare for the division.
I would prefer Arman too, but let’s be real the criticisms of Mak are not fair or honest, they always assume the most negative intent on his part. Mak has actively been calling for fights in March and June, and he asked for Gaethje. The UFC in their infinite wisdom chose to do Max-Gaethje. That’s not Islam’s fault. Meanwhile, you have someone like Leon who’s been quiet as a church mouse, far more inactive than Islam and from the looks of it doesn’t even pretend to demand fights the way Islam does, yet he gets minimal criticism from u and your crew. Poirier isn’t ideal but he’s a legit top level LW and other champs have fought far worse contenders, O’Malley v Chito most recently.

I would prefer Arman too, but let’s be real the criticisms of Mak are not fair or honest, they always assume the most negative intent on his part. Mak has actively been calling for fights in March and June, and he asked for Gaethje. The UFC in their infinite wisdom chose to do Max-Gaethje. That’s not Islam’s fault. Meanwhile, you have someone like Leon who’s been quiet as a church mouse, far more inactive than Islam and from the looks of it doesn’t even pretend to demand fights the way Islam does, yet he gets minimal criticism from u and your crew.
Leon gets a lot of shit on that imo, but I don’t really care for the WW division so I don’t bother being very loud around that and I don’t have any crew either.
I do remember that Dana said quite recently that Leon is badass, very easy to work with and says yes to every opponent.

Islam is going to tie the LW defence record without ever fighting the #1 contender.

Fucking pathetic.
whats more pathetic is you in here constantly bleating your whiny bitch horseshit about Daginstani fighters...

Is it not draining for sherdoggers constantly going through life being so negative about the sport you follow

Try to enjoy it

Reactions: Kb7
Back