Media Israel Adesanya believes Jan Blachowicz is being underestimated

lol not changing anything. Yall believe this bull?

Yet he changed something that caused a titty to grow because in his mind Costa was big and strong.enough to cause him to add whatever he did.

Lol @ Israel thinking Costa is faster than Jan therefore he shouldn't be too worried about him....
Jan's striking is absolutely way more dangerous, and hes an actual KO artist unlike Costa.

African bond my ass. Africans fight each other everyday , as do Americans, Brazilians, etc. at these you two will get paid. Him and Usman aren’t even teammates! Smdh

Your join date is 2009 so I'm surprised you are saying this.

Back then most champions were not given a chance to fight up while still holding their belt. Aside from BJ Penn it didn't happen in that era much at all if ever (I legit can't think of anyone in that time period besides BJ). GSP and Anderson despite their historic number of defenses were not given a title shot above their weight class without dropping their current one. Same with Aldo. The "champ champ" thing is a great thing for fighters to go for nowadays but back then it was way riskier despite the champions having way more defenses. The UFC typically is making fighters drop one belt after winning the other, but there was always that safety net of going back to your division as champion if you failed. Again, besides BJ I don't recall there ever being that option for anyone else in that period. I know Anderson kept saying he wouldn't go up because Jones is his friend and for Lyoto etc. but I bet if he got a free shot at Rashad or Forrest he would have taken it, and even possibly against Jones

On topic, I like that Israel is giving Jan props and not acting like he's just going to walk over him or that it's going to be a free win. Like him or dislike him, Israel is a great fighter and appears to have a good approach to the whole game.

Randy Couture was one. HW and LHW at the same time...I forgot when, looked it up, it was when he beat Maurice Smith at HW, then, Tito at LHW.

The only one that underestimated him was Rockhold and that's just his overall personality
Reyes did too.

It's easy to say he won't fight Usman who is a Yoruba Nigerian like himself. He'd probably jump at the chance to fight an Akan Ghanaian or Liberian.

Reyes did too.

It's easy to say he won't fight Usman who is a Yoruba Nigerian like himself. He'd probably jump at the chance to fight an Akan Ghanaian or Liberian.

I don't know about all that he's kind of a weird guy but I think it's his coach who is sort of in control of a lot of his decisions.

In fairness, people are regularly ridiculed for refusing to entertain the possibility of fighting a training partner, even a current one. Usman and Izzy live on opposite sides of the planet.

Again, I think it’s okay if they decide that having two champions who have ties to Africa is a priority. But of course they’re gonna take shit for announcing that the single most compelling superfight is off the table because “we hit it off the five times we’ve seen each other in person.”

Adesanya-Usman is the single most compelling superfight??? That's a bit (lot) of a overstatement no?

Adesanya-Usman is the single most compelling superfight??? That's a bit (lot) of a overstatement no?

Among the sitting champions, for me it is. I would prefer Adesanya vs Jones and Khabib vs Usman, but with those titles being vacated I put Izzy vs Usman number one. Not that I wouldn’t enjoy Figueredo vs Yan (or any bantam), but Usman vs Izzy would be my pick — it’s not quite GSP vs Anderson but it’s in the ballpark.

while I do enjoy these fights, I still prefer champs staying in their respective divisions and really cementing their legacies there before jumping up/or down.
1) beat all the old guard
2) become champ and defend for a long streak
3) beating all your contemporaries
4) beating all the new blood

I don't think he's being underestimated, necessarily, but people are giving Israel all the attention because he's the one moving up and is technically superior standing and looks flashier. We all know Jan only needs one shot.

Back