It's come to my attention that some of you noobs haven't seen Wanderlei Silva vs Brian Stann!

Been years and years since I saw it but I kinda remember it like Stann got lured into brawling with Wand where he could've kept it technical and won pretty handidly. With Cung it's not so surprising as he had a tendency to fade as fights went on
He indulged Wand in the 1st rd. Stann tried to keep it proper in round 2 and pressured less. Wand was just too explosive if you give him enough space.

@Flower2dPeople ^ we nearly got to see Hackleman vs Wand haha, at 35 second in you see him step in front ready to go, takes his slides off and all (so you know it was serious ;) haha)

He indulged Wand in the 1st rd. Stann tried to keep it proper in round 2 and pressured less. Wand was just too explosive if you give him enough space.
I'd say the first round was more the image of Wand the UFC tried to sell, that he was a crazy wildman who blitzed everyone with windmill hooks. The seciond round was actually much closer to the way Wand fought during his prime years, more waiting for an opening and then exploding.

To be fair I think Wand managed to carve out a pretty good post prime career in the UFC playing to that image, he remained very popular to year even though his form was pretty patchy.

Probably watched it during the FUEL TV days, but don't remember it.

@Flower2dPeople ^ we nearly got to see Hackleman vs Wand haha, at 35 second in you see him step in front ready to go, takes his slides off and all (so you know it was serious ;) haha)

You don't flip the bird, turn around and walk away.

tenor.gif

You don't flip the bird, turn around and walk away.

tenor.gif

You've got me there :(

Sidenote:

I always thought Wand was a good looking guy before the surgeries.

:(

I was here on the boards when the first pics of him post surgery were posted - a visit to a gym from memory. Most thought it was not really him :eek: 🤯

You've got me there :(

Sidenote:

I always thought Wand was a good looking guy before the surgeries.

:(

I was here on the boards when the first pics of him post surgery were posted - a visit to a gym from memory. Most thought it was not really him :eek: 🤯
Yeah. He went full Baraka when he went down to MW.

paabefi58pq21.jpg

So here you go I don't know if ya'll can handle this type of violence.

Strap in, buckle up and get ready!

<{JustBleed}>

Pffft, that's a "recent" fight ;)

But yeah, utterly epic. I was a big Wand fan, and knew Stann personally at the time, so I was SUPER pumped, and it did not dissapoint.

funny thing is Stann was actually born on an American military base in Japan. lol The All American Brian Stann born in Japan! No disrespect all he's still an American. imo just a funny thing.
It’s just the result of America colonizing poor innocent Japan.

Back