Its official! Sambo is now an Olympic sport!

Not sure what exactly you mean, but the words i posted were words i had the feeling to post, yes.
So, what you wrote is your personal opinion, not some generally accepted theory, even less on a global scale.

Its your personal opinion.

Why do you believe that this is the way it works everywhere in the world, even in your state?

So, what you wrote is your personal opinion, not some generally accepted theory, even less on a global scale.

Its your personal opinion.

Why do you believe that this is the way it works everywhere in the world, even in your state?

Is this the level of 'debate' i should expect from Ivaylo Ivanov? The case is laid out. Are you not capable of responding to any of it? Do you agree with it even? If so then just say so.

Last edited:
The Bulgarian TWINS MMA (owned by tye legendary Dimitrov twin brothers, both Combat Sambo world champs) is now announcing Combat Sambo bouts in the future events.

Last edited:
Is this the level of 'debate' i should expect from Ivaylo Ivanov? I laid out the case. Are you not capable of responding to any of it? Do you agree with it even? If so then just say so.
I dont know why are you expecting any kind of debate from me.
This is a public forum, where everyone participates willingly.
I dont know you.
Why do you even expect me to enter in "explanation mode" for you?

I dont know why are you expecting any kind of debate from me.
This is a public forum, where everyone participates willingly.
I dont know you.
Why do you even expect me to enter in "explanation mode" for you?

Probably because, as you just mentioned, *this is a forum*. Perhaps someone who takes the effort to embark on a conversation, does so expecting their partner to respond in good faith?

Last edited:
Probably because, as you just mentioned, *this is a forum*. Perhaps someone who takes the effort to embark on a conversation, does so expecting their partner to respond in good faith?
Then probably that someone should know me better

Brian Shaw is a pretty cool guy, you might know of him. He did some pretty big things over his career, had a pretty successful life.

But if i saw Brian Shaw fucking a goat, i'd call Brian Shaw a goat fucker.

And there'd be no words to unfuck that goat.

Last edited:
Brian Shaw is a pretty cool guy, you might know of him. He did some pretty big things over his career, had a pretty successful life.

But if i saw Brian Shaw fucking a goat, i'd call him a goat fucker.

And there'd be no words to dispute that fact.
Tell me more about your personal opinions and preferences, Im very interested to hear about them, while including you in my ignore list.
Buhbye

"Im a big dumdum and Richard C. Mongler is just so much smarter than i am, theres nothing i can say against the self-evidence of his peerless wit, which rings in tune with the song of natural law. Though my foolish adolescent pride prevents me from acknowledging it publicly, i am still thankful for him helping me see the light in this matter with my own eyes, and will take his wisdom to heart in charting a brighter future."

- t. ivo

Last edited:
How can I stay more informed regarding Sambo? Who are the main athletes? Most famous fights or some good ones to watch?
In my country (Portugal) there is no Sambo at all (I think), and from what I saw is pretty much non-existent in Western Europe besides France and Spain.

Ivaylo Ivanov, you mentioned a few posts ago that the current rule-set is the best. How is it?
Current rule set is best, because it penalises defensive gameplay and secures dynamic matches.

The 8 point lead victory is quite easy to achieve via a big throw+a pin combo.
Also, the athlete who's behind on points must attack with submission rolls.

Meaning, a lot of action, as we can see in the last few Sambo Worlds/ Euros.

Currently, the big Western Europe Sambo teams are coming out of France, Netherland, Spain, Italy and Germany.

I have seen Sambo competitors from Portugal at Euros and Worlds, but cant really say anything else.

Just another thread that reminded Ivaylo could never even imagine someone else being right about something.

Just another thread that reminded Ivaylo could never even imagine someone else being right about something.
I present facts.

As the old Greek saying goes:
"When facts are present, even the Gods are silent".

Really?

I'd imagine that literally every else would have far fewer viewership and interest than MMA i.e. Judo, BJJ, Sambo, Wrestling, etc.
Here is official data of Wrestling viewership from the 2015 Worlds.
2,8M views DAILY for the total of 16M views over 6 days.
https://uww.org/article/wrestling-e...amps-108-athletes-qualify-spots-olympic-games

Here is the official data for Judo viewership, from the 2016 Worlds.
193M total TV views:
https://www.fightsports.tv/judo-viewership-reaching-new-levels/

The highest MMA event ever got 2,4M views.
https://www.statista.com/statistics...nship-leading-pay-per-view-events-by-buyrate/

Sidenote:
The IMMAF Worlds were held last weekend in my country and nobody, besides the MMA club members had any idea this was happening.

I present facts.

As the old Greek saying goes:
"When facts are present, even the Gods are silent".

Pretty ironic thing to say considering you present a petulant hostility to any attempt by the outside world to introduce itself inside your mental bubble.

Last edited:
Sidenote:
The IMMAF Worlds were held last weekend in my country and nobody, besides the MMA club members had any idea this was happening.

To be fair nobody really cares about the IMMAF, including the MMA community. One of the founders August Wallen is just looking for another way to make money through it.

Back