It's time to accept Saenchai as the greatest

Yesterday he was victorious over a 62-1 fighter, and did it without breaking a sweat. That's a record perhaps better than Giorgio Petrosyan's. Not even a draw! Saenchai just beat a fighter who is basically better than Giorgio Petrosyan! What now?
Wat.

Hey Coca, how do you feel Singdam's accomplishments stack up against Saenchai and the other greats? He certainly has more longevity at the top of the game than most.

Petrosyan had a loss and TWO draws before finally losing. Silmani had one loss and NO draws. Plus Petrosyan should have had another loss or two in there. I've not heard of Silmani getting a favorable decision. This clearly shows that Silmani is probably undoubtedly most likely superior to Petroysan.

Hey Coca, how do you feel Singdam's accomplishments stack up against Saenchai and the other greats? He certainly has more longevity at the top of the game than most.

Singdam is a great, but not near Saenchai. Saenchai, for at least of the last 15-20 years, is by himself at the top with nobody close behind.

Singdam can be compared with all the other greats of recent times though and is perhaps top 5 of the 21st century. Unquestionably top 10.

Petrosyan had a loss and TWO draws before finally losing. Silmani had one loss and NO draws. Plus Petrosyan should have had another loss or two in there. I've not heard of Silmani getting a favorable decision. This clearly shows that Silmani is probably undoubtedly most likely superior to Petroysan.

Slimani probably built his record over unknown fighters,probably he ever faced like 2 or 3 top 15 on his weight division and most of his fights are against regional talent,while petrosyan cleaned the competition for a long time,but i know you are just kidding lol

Saenchai was fighting 5 years before the UFC existed. Think about that and the physical capabilities he still has compared to ALL the MMA fighters that have come and gone. Or, all fighters period. Considering the grind of Muay Thai life I don't think the fact he was younger takes all that much away from it. He's been fighting all the way through. It's almost overwhelming to contemplate this guy.

Saenchai was fighting 5 years before the UFC existed. Think about that and the physical capabilities he still has compared to ALL the MMA fighters that have come and gone. Or, all fighters period. Considering the grind of Muay Thai life I don't think the fact he was younger takes all that much away from it. He's been fighting all the way through. It's almost overwhelming to contemplate this guy.

he needs to beat nattawut first

Most skillful MT fighter: saenchai

Most effective MT fighter: dieselnoi

In MT strong clinchers >>>>

I honestly don't know enough about MT to give a qualified opinion, but everytime I see him fight I think "this man is simply on another level".

So far of all the fighters, in all the striking sports that I have seen, he is the best.

I rate him possibly higher in terms of raw talent than a Mayweather or Ali or Prince Amed in Boxing.

Most skillful MT fighter: saenchai

Most effective MT fighter: dieselnoi

In MT strong clinchers >>>>

Agree.

One can be extremely effective without being extremely skillful.

Dieselnoi was obviously very skillful in the clinch and with his knees but IMO it also has to do with exploiting one very unusual physical attribute than anything else.

Pet Ek Sitajaopho 2X

I had no idea he was considered such a great fighter worthy of being named as one of Saenchai's top wins. I'm a big fan of his sparring videos with his bro but never found videos of him fighting other than a loss to Anuwat;

(Saenchai) was also the king of the rematch and never lost 2 in a row to any fighter in his career i believe.

according to muaythaipros.com Petboonchu beat him twice in a row.

I had no idea he was considered such a great fighter worthy of being named as one of Saenchai's top wins. I'm a big fan of his sparring videos with his bro but never found videos of him fighting other than a loss to Anuwat;

That was the end of his reign at the top, he probably means before that.

yes he did but i was meaning back to back fights that are common in muaythai not fights months apart. Usually when saenchai lost a fight there would be an immediate rematch set up and he never lost one of those is a more accurate way to put it.

Singdam is a great, but not near Saenchai. Saenchai, for at least of the last 15-20 years, is by himself at the top with nobody close behind.

Singdam can be compared with all the other greats of recent times though and is perhaps top 5 of the 21st century. Unquestionably top 10.

How would u rank the top 10 of the 21st century? Including those two im guessing Nong O and Sam A would be there? Who else?

How would u rank the top 10 of the 21st century? Including those two im guessing Nong O and Sam A would be there? Who else?

I don't know enough of the early part of the century to say much, but Sam-A is certainly in there and probably Nong-O.

the two losses with Petboonchu were back to back and not months apart, not long before he stopped fighting in stadiums

Nice thread guys.
Just read it. I don't know much about the sport, but I am fascinated by some of the fighters like Saenchai, Samart and Somluck.

I wonder how would you rate Namsaknoi. He beat Saenchai, has the longest reign as a Lumpinee champion, similar number of fights and wins with Saenchai
till the time he retired and was thought as the best technical Nak Muay.

Why Saenchai should be considered better than him? He beat better opposition? He sure has more longevity since he's still going strong.

Also one of the reasons Samart is considered the greatest except of the presumably better opposition isn't that fact that he is world champion in boxing?
I know it doesn't have anything to do with Muay Thai and that's why no one mentioned it here, but it's a testament of
otherworldly skill.

Last edited:
Nice thread guys.
Just read it. I don't know much about the sport, but I am fascinated by some of the fighters like Saenchai, Samart and Somluck.

I wonder how would you rate Namsaknoi. He beat Saenchai, has the longest reign as a Lumpinee champion, similar number of fights and wins with Saenchai

Why Saenchai should be considered better than him? He beat better opposition? He sure has more longevity since he's still going strong.

Also one of the reasons Samart is considered the greatest except of the presumably better opposition isn't that fact that he is world champion in boxing?
I know it doesn't have anything to do with Muay Thai and that's why no one mentioned here, but it's a testament of
otherworldly skill.
He beat Saenchai when he was a Lightweight champion, Saenchai was at most Superbantamweight at the time and fought at a lot higher weight than he was capable of making at the time.

Nice thread guys.

I know it doesn't have anything to do with Muay Thai and that's why no one mentioned it here, but it's a testament of
otherworldly skill.

Namsaknoi was a big lightweight (judging by his results at MT2000) who wasn't able to come down to (say) 132 pounds, so he wasn't forced to give up weight in the same way Saenchai was. On top of that, Namsaknoi was at this time promoted by Por Pramuk, a middling Lumpini promoter who didn't have the greatest fighters to choose from and wasn't linked as closely with the bigger promoters to where they could consistently put on really good shows.

Considering that most of his fights during this time were nontitle, the length of his reign can be deceptive. And I think it might be viewed by some that we was undefeated in this time, but actually he lost plenty of those nontitle fights. The thing about Namsaknoi is that, as far as I know, he did his best work while he was moving up to that weight. It's odd that it's his lightweight run that really hooks people.

Namsaknoi is a fighter of historical greatness and someone who should be highly regarded, but he (not necessarily by choice), just like pretty every other great fighter, lacked the qualities that made Saenchai so special.

Last edited:
Namsaknoi's story is a small time internet legend. Someone wrote that he spent 5 years undefeated and the legend went on. Also I find weird that "Lumpinee champion " is such a prestigious accolade when talking about a fighter's legacy but following the sport more closely you find out that being the champion is an afterthought now. I guess it wasn't like that not too long ago with promoters actually matching up the best to fight for the stadium titles.

Back