It's time to accept Saenchai as the greatest

In 2016 it should no longer be said Samart Payakaroon is the greatest fighter the sport has seen. He's had 25+ years at the top, but it's time the Muay Thai world recognizes the new king. Rare it is that a new #1 emerges in any sport with many decades of competitive history. Let's celebrate this man!

Don't confuse greatest with best. Was Samart in 1982 better than Saenchai at any time in his career? Perhaps, but I'm not arguing this. Roy Jones Jr is viewed as one of the BEST boxers ever, but he's not appearing often on top 10 or even top 25 GREATEST lists. With greatest you have to consider longevity, accomplishments, quality of competition, consistency, dominance and all that stuff. Now let's look at the brilliant and unprecedented career of Saenchai and why he is the GOAT.

Saenchai became a top fighter in 1995 and is STILL a top fighter. Over TWENTY years Saenchai has been top tier. Yes, he's retired from the competitive Thai circuit, but it's not because he can't compete anymore. Even in his last fight with Petmorakot he had to dry out to 129 pounds and give up 2 pounds. Maybe no Muay Thai fighter in history can compare to Saenchai in the durability department. In 1996 he beat a legitimate all time great fighter in Thongchai Tor Silachai and today in 2016 he's still got it. Hardly any erosion. This does not happen in Muay Thai. It defies everything. The real once ever! On the other hand Samart became a top fighter in about 1979-1980, and maintained that until 1984 before going to boxing. In 1988 he returned and continued his success, but retired in 1989 after a despondent performance against Wangchannoi. He was dunzo, didn't have it anymore. Generously that's 7 years Samart had as top tier. Saenchai has resided at the top for THREE times longer! Come on!

Samart and Saenchai have all the accomplishments. There's no clear advantage for either. Awards and titles are cool, but you can really tell how great someone is by the their reputation. Saenchai's reputation is a different level. Below are Saenchai's wins where weight can be verified. This starts in 2003 and you can see not once has he been given a weight advantage. However, I'm confident this goes beyond 2003 and that he hasn't had a weight advantage this century. What this says is that the promoters and the betting interest have never viewed any of these opponents to be better than Saenchai at any time. Not one. It also says Saenchai didn't slump. In order to maintain this sort of streak of not getting a weight advantage you have to win. I've never heard of anything like this for another fighter. To consistently give 3+ pounds to elite fighters that are already a lot bigger than you, and to do it over 12+ years is completely nuts. Remember, this is the ultimate young persons sport. All the superlatives! I mean, I'm sure Samart gave up weight and fought bigger (Dieselnoi) opponents in his day, but it cannot be compared to this.

Ronachai Naratrikun (3 pounds)
Puja Sor Suwanee (2 pounds)
Bovy Sor Udomson (5 pounds)
Yodbuangarm Luknanyai (2 pounds)
Kem Sitsongpeenong (2 pounds)
Singdam Kiatmuu9 (even)
Kongipop Petyindee (5 pounds)
Orono Wor Petpun (3 pounds)
Singdam Kiatmuu9 (3 pounds)
Nopparat Kiatkamtorn (3 pounds)
Singdam Kiatmuu9 (4 pounds)
Nong-O Sit Or (even)
Duansompomg Kor Sapaotong (3 pounds)
Jaroenchai Kesagym (5 pounds)
Jomthong Chuwattana (3+ pounds)
Petmankong Kaiyanghadao (4 pounds)
Orono Wor Petpun (2 pounds)
Wuttidet Lukprabart (2 pounds)
Saenchainoi Pumpanmuang (3 pounds)
Nong-O Sit Or (3 pounds)
Petboonchu FA Group (3 pounds)
Petboonchu/Sagetdao (even)
Nong-O Sit Or (2 pounds)
Nong-O Sit Or (2 pounds)
Sagetdao Petpayathai (even)
Superbon Lukjaimasaivairee (likely 2+ pounds)
Petboonchu FA Group (2 pounds)
Nong-O Sit Or (3 pounds)
Kongsak Sitboonmee (1 pound)
Penek Sitnumnoi (1.5 pounds)
Singdam Kiatmuu9 (even)
Kongsak Sitboonmee (2 pounds)
Nong-O Sit Or (3 pounds)

And in this time, Saenchai only lost twice when the weights were equal. First to Singdam Kiatmuu9 in 2005 at 131 pounds, and then in 2014 to Petboonchu FA Group at 133 pounds. Again, his reputation is on full display in that 2005 Singdam fight. Saenchai would go on to fight in the future at 122 pounds, but they looked at him so highly they had him go up to 131 to fight one of the very best! Whether he had to lose more weight than an opponent or go up and fighter bigger guys, he almost always had the weight disadvantage in some way, but has still been the the most successful and consistent fighter of the 21st century.

But remember, he was killing it in the previous century! At least three eras and three decades, including the backend of the golden era. Attachai Fairtex was great and Saenchai is 4-0-1 against him. Nungubon Sitlerchai and Thongchai Tor Silachai? Certified ATG's! Beat 'em. Neungsiam Fairtex, Pet Ek Sitajaopho 2X, Nongbee Kaityongyut 4X and future Olympic gold medalist Wijan Ponlid. Safe to say he has another 20+ really good wins from 1995-2002. And altogether he's beaten 7 winners of the sports writers fighter of the year. Thongchai, Singdam, Nong-O, Jomthong, Wuttidet, Kongsak and Penek.

Oh, and basically in his spare time he may have accumulated the best international resume of any fighter. 52-1 against opponents who are not Thai and a few wins over good Thais to go with it. 130, 135, 140, 147 it doesn't matter.

Fabio Pinca
Liam Harrison 3X
Tetsuya Yamato
Yetkin Ozkul 2X
Mehdi Zatout
Damien Alamos
Houcine Bennoui
Rafi Singpatong
Andrei Kulebin
Victor Nagbe 2X
Massaro Glunder
Jose Neto X2
Vahid Shahbazi 2X
Singdam Kiatmuu9
Pakon PKSaenchai
Diesellek Uddongmuang

Crown him!

1448584500118.gif

TnYzzH6.gif

j5Fbq3e.gif

dOljK9HWmtcm4.gif

Is it ever okay to just enjoy someone's career without defecating on it with comparisons?

Saenchais Muay Thai is beautiful. Fuckin elegant. Samart was a master at technique and strategy. Also, fuckin beautiful.

Things evolve, new stars are born.

Imagine your mama comparing you to an unborn billionaire. Fuck

You knew he was the greatest when we said it then..... lol

Who has contributed more to humanity? Saenchai or sriracha sauce?

In 2016 it should no longer be said Samart Payakaroon is the greatest fighter the sport has seen. He's had 25+ years at the top, but it's time the Muay Thai world recognizes the new king. Rare it is that a new #1 emerges in any sport with many decades of competitive history. Let's celebrate this man!

Don't confuse greatest with best. Was Samart in 1982 better than Saenchai at any time in his career? Perhaps, but I'm not arguing this. Roy Jones Jr is viewed as one of the BEST boxers ever, but he's not appearing often on top 10 or even top 25 GREATEST lists. With greatest you have to consider longevity, accomplishments, quality of competition, consistency, dominance and all that stuff. Now let's look at the brilliant and unprecedented career of Saenchai and why he is the GOAT.

Saenchai became a top fighter in 1995 and is STILL a top fighter. Over TWENTY years Saenchai has been top tier. Yes, he's retired from the competitive Thai circuit, but it's not because he can't compete anymore. Even in his last fight with Petmorakot he had to dry out to 129 pounds and give up 2 pounds. Maybe no Muay Thai fighter in history can compare to Saenchai in the durability department. In 1996 he beat a legitimate all time great fighter in Thongchai Tor Silachai and today in 2016 he's still got it. Hardly any erosion. This does not happen in Muay Thai. It defies everything. The real once ever! On the other hand Samart became a top fighter in about 1979-1980, and maintained that until 1984 before going to boxing. In 1988 he returned and continued his success, but retired in 1989 after a despondent performance against Wangchannoi. He was dunzo, didn't have it anymore. Generously that's 7 years Samart had as top tier. Saenchai has resided at the top for THREE times longer! Come on!

Samart and Saenchai have all the accomplishments. There's no clear advantage for either. Awards and titles are cool, but you can really tell how great someone is by the their reputation. Saenchai's reputation is a different level. Below are Saenchai's wins where weight can be verified. This starts in 2003 and you can see not once has he been given a weight advantage. However, I'm confident this goes beyond 2003 and that he hasn't had a weight advantage this century. What this says is that the promoters and the betting interest have never viewed any of these opponents to be better than Saenchai at any time. Not one. It also says Saenchai didn't slump. In order to maintain this sort of streak of not getting a weight advantage you have to win. I've never heard of anything like this for another fighter. To consistently give 3+ pounds to elite fighters that are already a lot bigger than you, and to do it over 12+ years is completely nuts. Remember, this is the ultimate young persons sport. All the superlatives! I mean, I'm sure Samart gave up weight and fought bigger (Dieselnoi) opponents in his day, but it cannot be compared to this.

Ronachai Naratrikun (3 pounds)
Puja Sor Suwanee (2 pounds)
Bovy Sor Udomson (5 pounds)
Yodbuangarm Luknanyai (2 pounds)
Kem Sitsongpeenong (2 pounds)
Singdam Kiatmuu9 (even)
Kongipop Petyindee (5 pounds)
Orono Wor Petpun (3 pounds)
Singdam Kiatmuu9 (3 pounds)
Nopparat Kiatkamtorn (3 pounds)
Singdam Kiatmuu9 (4 pounds)
Nong-O Sit Or (even)
Duansompomg Kor Sapaotong (3 pounds)
Jaroenchai Kesagym (5 pounds)
Jomthong Chuwattana (3+ pounds)
Petmankong Kaiyanghadao (4 pounds)
Orono Wor Petpun (2 pounds)
Wuttidet Lukprabart (2 pounds)
Nong-O Sit Or (3 pounds)
Petboonchu FA Group (3 pounds)
Petboonchu/Sagetdao (even)
Nong-O Sit Or (2 pounds)
Nong-O Sit Or (2 pounds)
Superbon Lukjaimasaivairee (likely 2+ pounds)
Nong-O Sit Or (3 pounds)
Kongsak Sitboonmee (1 pound)
Penek Sitnumnoi (1.5 pounds)
Singdam Kiatmuu9 (even)
Nong-O Sit Or (3 pounds)

And in this time, Saenchai only lost twice when the weights were equal. First to Singdam Kiatmuu9 in 2005 at 131 pounds, and then in 2014 to Petboonchu FA Group at 133 pounds. Again, his reputation is on full display in that 2005 Singdam fight. Saenchai would go on to fight in the future at 122 pounds, but they looked at him so highly they had him go up to 131 to fight one of the very best! Whether he had to lose more weight than an opponent or go up and fighter bigger guys, he almost always had the weight disadvantage in some way, but has still been the the most successful and consistent fighter of the 21st century.

But remember, he was killing it in the previous century! At least three eras and three decades, including the backend of the golden era. Attachai Fairtex was great and Saenchai is 4-0-1 against him. Nungubon Sitlerchai and Thongchai Tor Silachai? Certified ATG's! Beat 'em. Neungsiam Fairtex, Pet Ek Sitajaopho 2X, Nongbee Kaityongyut 4X and future Olympic gold medalist Wijan Ponlid. Safe to say he has another 20+ really good wins from 1995-2002. And altogether he's beaten 7 winners of the sports writers fighter of the year. Thongchai, Singdam, Nong-O, Jomthong, Wuttidet, Kongsak and Penek.

Oh, and basically in his spare time he may have accumulated the best international resume of any fighter. 52-1 against opponents who are not Thai and a few wins over good Thais to go with it. 130, 135, 140, 147 it doesn't matter.

Fabio Pinca
Liam Harrison 3X
Tetsuya Yamato
Yetkin Ozkul 2X
Mehdi Zatout
Damien Alamos
Houcine Bennoui
Rafi Singpatong
Andrei Kulebin
Victor Nagbe 2X
Massaro Glunder
Jose Neto X2
Vahid Shahbazi 2X
Singdam Kiatmuu9
Pakon PKSaenchai
Diesellek Uddongmuang

Crown him!

1448584500118.gif

TnYzzH6.gif

j5Fbq3e.gif

dOljK9HWmtcm4.gif

I think part of the reason why Saenchai is so successful is, his style is unconventional/unorthodox, using techniques that are "out of the box" throw people off. I got to meet him and do a little sparring with him, guy is amazingly humble considering his status. He is also amazingly fast.

when was the last time saenchai's has fought top competition?

as of now, he faces farang's that are totally out of his league

he is 37 now,he stopped to fight in highest level Stadiums competition in 2014,at 34,witch is really impressive

he fought on the top of the sport for more than 18 years,and even after all there is no one able to beat him on western MT,he can fight whoever he wants now,haves nothing to prove just more than deserved money to make

He's been on a retirement tour for a few years already after a ridiculously long career fighting top competition.

Some of the farangs he has been facing havent been that bad either, we know how legit someone like Chadd Collins is.

He's been on a retirement tour for a few years already after a ridiculously long career fighting top competition.

i guess this in a way is considered retirement. it's like he's just getting in there for the sake of just having fun.

i guess this in a way is considered retirement. it's like he's just getting in there for the sake of just having fun.
Well, I'm sure there is financial incentive as well. He usually does a bunch of seminars when he travels to these fights.

Like said above not all these guys are scrubs, Saenchai is just crafty enough to not get hurt. That's why he is able to fight this late into his career.

Yes this threat .
My great old man knew Apidej , etc...
I asked him a ton of question about the fighter of those Era.
He did say that Saenchai can pull move that he has never seen other fighter do but he also said that the guy Saenchai fought ( Sagetdao , Petchboonchu , etc... ) were jokes compared to the fighter of The past .
I think that the fact that Cokca doesn't understand Thai has shaped his view that modern fighter are somehow just as good as in the past simply because this Era he actually do know the background , weight , etc info while in the past he doesn't have any concrete info .

the "greatest" did not face anyone with a wikipedia entry in his last 30 fights... talented but kinda coward

the "greatest" did not face anyone with a wikipedia entry in his last 30 fights... talented but kinda coward
We call it retirement tour. He pretty much retired after his fight with Petchmorakot in 2014.

We call it retirement tour. He pretty much retired after his fight with Petchmorakot in 2014.
Anything after 2018 is over for Saenchai in a meaningful sense .
In 2018 he KOed Henrique Muller that was the last significant win of Saenchai .
Wouldn't mind people saying he should of retired after 2017 too , he beat the great farang Chadd Colin's that year .

What I dumb fucking post. "Coward"? He certainly accomplished alot before his Thai Fight run (which doesn't really count, that is correct).

And BTW, according to the Thai legneds themselves, the names that come up on the GOAT list are usually:
- Samart
- Dieselnoi
- Pudpanoi
- Wichanoi
- Poot Lorlek

Usually before Saenchai. I saw this on Sylvie's channel recently and was really really surprised.

Back