Its time to replace my Heavy Bag, need some suggestions

I'd go for Title or Ringside, they always deliver. I got mine from Zoobgear...
(I got the 100lbs, the 70 is way too small)

Last edited:
Pro Boxing Equipment bags are good, and so are Nazo Bags. Both operate out of the Los Angeles area (as does Outslayer, I believe). I know that Rival's bags are all made by Pro Boxing Equipment.

I'd go for Title or Ringside, they always deliver. I got mine from Zoobgear...
(I got the 100lbs, the 70 is way too small)

Hey Ariyeh, I've been wondering for a while. Do you work for Zoobgear or do you have friends that do? You remind me of an evolved version of the stupid RDX people that try to post things on Sherdog without disclosing their affiliation. Just saying, it's better to be honest.

ive been using a ringside bag with a 2" foam liner. the liner doesnt really make it "soft" as advertised, but it gives the bag a uniform hardness. other entry level bags eventually settle because they have shredded rags and sand bag filler, which makes the top half super loose/baggy and the bottom rock hard, as the bag slowly develops a pear shape from settling. but the foam keeps this bag relatively in the same shape and same hardness throughout the bag. for this reason, i think a foam liner is a must.

http://www.ringside.com/ringside/ringside-powerhide-65-lb-heavy-bag-soft-filled.html
i should add that one of the selling points for me with this bag was the availability of "ship to store" at walmart, which means i paid zero shipping for a filled bag.

next bag i will probably try is:

foam/water
http://www.titleboxing.com/punching...-bags/title-liquishock-foam-water-heavy-bag-3

Hey Ariyeh, I've been wondering for a while. Do you work for Zoobgear or do you have friends that do? You remind me of an evolved version of the stupid RDX people that try to post things on Sherdog without disclosing their affiliation. Just saying, it's better to be honest.
LOL no... I wish. I'm an iIsraeli fighter of Krav maga kickboxing MMA muay thai and so on... I wa training for about 4 years before I got recruit for the army and now I'm back to practice!
I mostly recommend those guys because they also ship all over with reasonable prices and they also got a huge range of products...
Cheers!

Pro Boxing Equipment bags are good, and so are Nazo Bags. Both operate out of the Los Angeles area (as does Outslayer, I believe). I know that Rival's bags are all made by Pro Boxing Equipment.

I've heard good thing about pro. One of the problems Ive had with past bags is the material settling down in the bottom cuasing the area to be dense and hard. Could I expect that from pro gear?

I've heard good thing about pro. One of the problems Ive had with past bags is the material settling down in the bottom cuasing the area to be dense and hard. Could I expect that from pro gear?

Since PRO and Rival are made at the same factory and using the same process, I would say the bag won't settle. At least that's what Rival says about there bags. I have been several time in the Rival store in Montreal and the bags hung on display never lost their shape.

Since PRO and Rival are made at the same factory and using the same process, I would say the bag won't settle. At least that's what Rival says about there bags. I have been several time in the Rival store in Montreal and the bags hung on display never lost their shape.

I would say that though I would think the same, that just because they are made in the same factory doesn't mean that the two bags would be the same down to the filler. There's definitely a chance that Mr. Anber is asking for more premium materials. I forget if its one or the other or both, but either Prolast or Pro Boxing in LA do refillings. Not sure if its because the bags eventually settle.

Since refilling isn't an option for the folks up in Canada, I would say they might go the extra mile and ask for more premium filler?

I am looking for this bag. Has anyone of you ever used it and if so, how did it feel and last ? Thanks

http://www.ringside.com/ringside/punching-bags/heavy-bags.html

I can't tell you how much abhor the current Ringside stuff. The PAL in town has their super heavy bags which aren't cheap, and they feel like cement. Ringside is terrible right now in my opinion. They've never been a premium retailer but used to offer some really quality items especially considering their price. But I wouldn't touch anything they make today with a ten foot pole.

I would say that though I would think the same, that just because they are made in the same factory doesn't mean that the two bags would be the same down to the filler. There's definitely a chance that Mr. Anber is asking for more premium materials. I forget if its one or the other or both, but either Prolast or Pro Boxing in LA do refillings. Not sure if its because the bags eventually settle.

Since refilling isn't an option for the folks up in Canada, I would say they might go the extra mile and ask for more premium filler?

You are probably right. It make sense.

I can't tell you how much abhor the current Ringside stuff. The PAL in town has their super heavy bags which aren't cheap, and they feel like cement. Ringside is terrible right now in my opinion. They've never been a premium retailer but used to offer some really quality items especially considering their price. But I wouldn't touch anything they make today with a ten foot pole.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Its true the Ringside is a hit or miss. I guess I will go with the Rival 110lb bag. Unless someone has another option.

Those aqua bags looks great... I didn't have the chance to try them, though.. Rival's bags are really high quality but are expensive as well.

The Aqua bag is awesome, but you cannot do bodyshot on them. I have a Taylor Made Tuff end buoy 15" (half the price and exactly the same) at my work place.

Not on the 15" you can't, but Walmart has the 21" for $92 and the 27" for just under $130.

I've got a 200lb Ringside with the 2" foam. It DOES settle, unlike what Ringside tells you (my old gym had a saggy one too). But still a good bag.

I find taking it down and beating it with a bat to even it out is a nice change in regimen.

Back