Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (First Look at New Superman with New Suit, post #631)

What do you think of the new Superman suit?

• Total voters
I have a lot of faith in James Gunn but I also feel like Superman might be impossible to adapt on film these days.

Audiences are so much more demanding. I think if the Donner films came out today people would hate them.

I have a lot of faith in James Gunn but I also feel like Superman might be impossible to adapt on film these days.

Audiences are so much more demanding. I think if the Donner films came out today people would hate them.

The things that Superman represents (like hope) seem to be in short supply these days. It's a very cynical time for a hero who's all about the Boy Scout attitude. I'd say adapting him today would be difficult, but not impossible. It'll just take a very special director. I like Gunn, but I'm not sure he's the guy.

Expectation vs Reality
1xs3md4nmzyc1.jpeg

Expectation vs Reality
1xs3md4nmzyc1.jpeg
To be fair I think visually Gunn's superhero films have had plenty of "edgy" elements to them, the difference compared to the previous DCEU has tended to be they also had more humour and heartfelt drama to them.

while i miss the snyder verse, i do want gunn to succeed

movies need to have superman done well

I like this suit better than Cavils' suit because of trunks and the coloring being brighter and not drab and dreary. I'm sure it will grow on me but yes, I would have prefered a more classical look and logo.

Back