1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Jan Błachowicz vs Jiří Procházka ! Your Picks !?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Matchup Discussion' started by TARTARA, May 7, 2021.

1. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

Jiri by KO within 2

TARTARA likes this.
  2. TARTARA Green Belt

I think that,
    Jan has the power!
    Jiří has the explosion!

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  3. Kwic Red Belt

Jan, but it can be a war. Jiri is no pushover.
    I'm obviously rooting for Jan, but I like Jiri too. If he wasn't fighting Jan he would have been my boy.

Conor_Is_Overrated and TARTARA like this.
  4. [BR] nicholas Orange Belt

this fight never going to happen

GLOVER BY KO

5. moreorless87 Straba

Is it? I mean Jiri was able to cope with Nemkov who for me is a significantly more dangerous grappler than Jan. Not sure I see Jan really threatening Jiri on the ground unless he has him really badly gassed or beaten up first, maybe he might be able to mix in some takedowns to steal rounds?

Not a match I'd be confident in picking but my feeling is perhaps that I think Jiri can fight Jans ideal match better than Jan can fight Jiri's. I think Jan will look to make it a slower fight trying to land one off big counters and whilst we havent really seen that from Jiri in the UFC he has done in often previously. Jiri trying to turn the fight into a war though I'm not sure we've seen Jan suceed at that, arguebly the last time he had that kind of fight he got finished by Santos.

I do have a sneaking feeling as well that if the fight turns into a war BUT neither guy gets a finish in the first 2-3 rounds then Jiri's age and being used to really aggressive matches might come into play. Even if both guys are gassed latter in the match I get the feeling that might well favour his style more.

6. fortheo Titanium Belt

Nemkov is by no means a more dangerous grappler than Jan. Is he a better wrestler? sure, but overall grappler? no. Jan's BJJ is considerably better than Nemkovs. That's probably why 32 percent of Jan's wins are by submission, where as only 7 percent of nemkov's wins are by submission. I'd say the guy with more grappling based finishes is the more dangerous grappler.

7. Conor_Is_Overrated Purple Belt

Jiri is a beast, and I will be rooting for him, but I think he is getting slept by Jan.
    Jiri is much too hittable, and Jan hits haaaaaaaard.

8. TARTARA Green Belt

True!
    (I don't have any likes to give, LoL!)

9. moreorless87 Straba

Well I think thats just crunching stats to build an argument, Jan had quite a few sub finishes early on in his career but only two in the last decade. I mean he's a pretty good grappler but honestly watching both mens careers I think Nemkov clearly looked significantly better both as a wrestler and a sub fighter(including positional GnP), the Jan who couldnt realy threaten Israel is going to do so to Jiri? I seriously doubt that personally unless he's softened him up alot.

10. TARTARA Green Belt

Now ?

11. fortheo Titanium Belt

Finish percentage based off of submissions is a pretty decent way of figuring out who is the more "dangerous" grappler. Jan got full mount on izzy and would have likely finished him with an extra 20-30 seconds, too. He ran through krylov on the mat, where as Krylov lasted three rounds with glover on the mat. The dude has been a legit black belt for many years and it shows. His top game is much better than Nemkovs.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    TARTARA likes this.