JDS vs Khatrinov, who would win?

Woah now, slow your roll here. Don’t use superlatives like that in a world where Arlovski, Schaub, Brock, Ngannou, Browne all existed and were hyped as unbeatable champs/contenders.
Arlovski, Schuab and Browne were never hyped like that.

Elite Kickboxers are much more impressive when you're talking about straight stand-up fighting (hint: something Francis can only do). Francis would be violently raped by at least 20 elite kickboxers of the last 20 years.
Why aren’t those kickboxers making the better money in mma if they are just like ngannou?

Why aren’t those kickboxers making the better money in mma if they are just like ngannou?
Maybe because they have seen Gokhan get KOd by pre Muay Thai Rountree.

Chuck's a CPA.

Back to your cubicle.

Accounting is soms of the most steady work moron.
We're not talking about the steadiness of work. We're talking about the context of "nerds", 99% of whom are accountants. Nice exception to the rule.

I'm an inspector son, no cubicles for this cat. In fact, your job is muc more akin to a "cubicle" than mine is.

What better money? 64K?

You honestly saying that guys like prime Aerts, Le Banner, Hoost, Bonjasky, etc. wouldn't likely starch Francis in a strictly standup affair (ie 8 out of 10 times)?

Maybe because they have seen Gokhan get KOd by pre Muay Thai Rountree.
LOL @ using shop worn (100 fights) Saki as an example.

Anybody can get caught in the standup, as we're all aware.

I remember White hyping up Duffee, Schaub & Browne as the next generation HW fighters with much better skills than the scrub called Fedor & his fighters from back then and they would dominate at HW. That was when SF was still alive and had the best HWs in general. Parts of sherdog absolutely fell for it and wrote about how skill level had evolved since the dark days of Big Nog, Overeem, Werdum, Fedor...etc.

So funny when then later these guys went on to dominate in the UFC. :D The "New Breed" got stomped down badly.

Funniest definitely senior citizen Big Nog beating down Schaub.

Last edited:
Werdum was nearly a two to one underdog against Browne. Let the absurdity of that sink in. Solely because a Boetsch-like two fight win streak against ranked opponents plus a shit ton of cookie cutter “new breed” bullshit marketing they applied to every HW at the time. Schaub was in the same boat with all the “NFL new breed” marketing. These overrated “super athlete new breed HWs” were favored over “Strikefarce” HWs. Who of course murdered them when they fought, minus post-Ubereem Alistair brain farting and letting Browne get through with the same front kick repeatedly.

AA was very hyped back when he was champ. Long time ago so not many will remember how much went into him.

We're not talking about the steadiness of work. We're talking about the context of "nerds", 99% of whom are accountants. Nice exception to the rule.

I'm an inspector son, no cubicles for this cat. In fact, your job is muc more akin to a "cubicle" than mine is.

Congrats!

JDS kills Sergei 95,96 times outta 100.

What better money? 64K?

You honestly saying that guys like prime Aerts, Le Banner, Hoost, Bonjasky, etc. wouldn't likely starch Francis in a strictly standup affair (ie 8 out of 10 times)?
I’m saying he’s an mma fighter and they are not. He trains for mma. He’s pretty fierce in the cage.

And yes there’s obviously better money in mma.

I remember White hyping up Duffee, Schaub & Browne as the next generation HW fighters with much better skills than the scrub called Fedor & his fighters from back then and they would dominate at HW. That was when SF was still alive and had the best HWs in general. Parts of sherdog absolutely fell for it and wrote about how skill level had evolved since the dark days of Big Nog, Overeem, Werdum, Fedor...etc.

So funny when then later these guys went on to dominate in the UFC. :D The "New Breed" got stomped down badly.

Funniest definitely senior citizen Big Nog beating down Schaub.
You have a quote of him saying duffee was better than fedor?

Werdum was nearly a two to one underdog against Browne. Let the absurdity of that sink in. Solely because a Boetsch-like two fight win streak against ranked opponents plus a shit ton of cookie cutter “new breed” bullshit marketing they applied to every HW at the time. Schaub was in the same boat with all the “NFL new breed” marketing. These overrated “super athlete new breed HWs” were favored over “Strikefarce” HWs. Who of course murdered them when they fought, minus post-Ubereem Alistair brain farting and letting Browne get through with the same front kick repeatedly.

AA was very hyped back when he was champ. Long time ago so not many will remember how much went into him.
A little context. Browne was only a -230 favorite against werdum because he finished overeem and Barnett. He was underdog in both of those fights. So it’s not like the ufc hype made him the favorite from nothing. He only had one loss (injury) at the time and beat 2 guys who weren’t viewed much different than werdum.

Schuab also of course had beaten gg and kod mirko. It’s not like there was nothing there.

Arlovski was hyped as champ but really wasn’t anything crazy.

I’m saying he’s an mma fighter and they are not. He trains for mma. He’s pretty fierce in the cage.

And yes there’s obviously better money in mma.
I'm not denying he's a monster and a formidable opponent for anybody. But it's another short-lived hype job..........worse is comparing his hype to proven standup legends, regardless of sport. Those guys proved their worth and skill over long careers. Francis looked like a deer in the headlights against Derrick Lewis. He's got a long way to go before I take any opinion of Francis dusting everybody ever seriously.

And yes, now MMA now pays out significantly more than any KB organization. This wasn't necessarily the case during the time of many of the elite HW kickboxers mentioned previously.

Fair point. But come on. He's done nothing in MMA to warrant the hype. People saying he would beat prime Cain and JDS who are 2 of the greatest HWs to ever compete. 2 HWs who destroyed a who's who of great HWs.
There was a few years where his skill set was fantastic and that could be seen visibly is why. 2005 was a long time ago of course but yeah. Werdum/Rizzo/Overeem 2/Semmy/Nog/Arlovski were all great performances.

He has ignored his grappling for the most part but his boxing/toughness makes for a fun skill set always. He is post-prime now he of course but I’ve obviously remained a fan throughout his career. Even now we still get beautiful KOs like Nelson and Mitrione recently.

I’d only really be interested to see prime Cain vs prime Sergei to assess his TDD since we never truly got to measure it in his prime. Sign me up for prime JDS vs prime Sergei though, fireworks for sure.

Long message but in writing this I just watched a HL. Can’t post as I’m on my phone but man so much fun. Check it out on youtube if you haven’t already.

You have a quote of him saying duffee was better than fedor?

Man you know how MANY years ago that was? I will look for it and my guess is it was at a presser in New York but well its a long frickin time ago.

Obviously it was before Duffee lost.

Duffee was promoted as the new top HW of the "New Breed" by White back then.

I’d only really be interested to see prime Cain vs prime Sergei to assess his TDD since we never truly got to measure it in his prime. Sign me up for prime JDS vs prime Sergei though, fireworks for sure.

Long message but in writing this I just watched a HL. Can’t post as I’m on my phone but man so much fun. Check it out on youtube if you haven’t already.

Prime Cain is way better than Kharitonov in grappling/takedowns. Wish Cain was healthy and able to fight more often.

Back