Jeremy Stephens vs prime Conor McGregor

SPooderMan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who would have won this fight back in 2016? In retrospect I think this fight is a lot closer than people think it would have been. Stephens had a granite chin and insane KO power deep. Stephens was also a big featherweight coming down from lightweight.
Who would have won?

Conor would have sent him to hell. These days could go either way.

Conor smokes him back in his prime

Nowadays, Conor's increasingly suspect chin would give Stephens a healthy puncher's chance. With that being said, Conor's still more technical, and as long as he doesn't get reckless, I think he outlands Stephens en route to a UD.

What about Prime Conor vs Prime Stephens??

{<hhh]

Would be bananas.

FW Conor was legit one of the best fighters of the planet at that time. Stephens has nothing for him except maybe the endurance.

Stephens, assuming he isn't coming to throw the fight, destroys Connie probably in round one.

Obligatory

<FookIsThatGuy>

But yes I would have loved that fight for sure, nowadays it's pick em but back then probably Conor I think

I get it, Connor isn't looking that great anymore but come on. Stephens was tailor made to get KO'd by a 2016 FW Connor. Short power puncher with mediocre foot work. FW Connor would have him missing all day and landing big shots while he does it. Stephens does have a great chin but its a different story when you are missing and getting hit. Its the shot you don't see that puts you out. I would expect this fight to look similar to the Alvarez fight.

“Who Da Fook Is That Guy” would murder Conor now for sure, and most likely then

Who would have won this fight back in 2016? In retrospect I think this fight is a lot closer than people think it would have been. Stephens had a granite chin and insane KO power deep. Stephens was also a big featherweight coming down from lightweight.
Who would have won?
Conor by being way way better and not just a brawler lol

Stephens would be target practice for Connor.
He also had 1 Tko win from 2014 - 2017. Had a few cool KO's though.
His power depends on him overcommitting and throwing everything 100%. One of the reasons he ain't good and why he often doesn't land.
A bit overrated in that regard. 68% ko/tko quote at 19. With 18 losses.

Stephens' calf kicks could've been a problem. Fun fight

I think that this is the right answer. He'd have still lost; but Conor's susceptibility to those calf kicks would've been exposed much earlier.

Back