News Jimmy Smith back?

Wow for sure thought he would be a long timer in WWE. Sad to see him have to bounce around so much. Wish him the best he was a great commentator for Bellator.

could totally see ONE bringing him on for their American shows. If Bellator doesn’t bring him back then they are content with their shitty Big John situation

I like Jimmy Smith's work -- I would love to see him back in MMA commentating. I didn't even know he did pro wrestling commentary.

Can’t understand why Jimmy can’t stick anywhere

but yes, Bellator should definitely bring him back.

Don't know how good he is in WWE, but he's awful in MMA.

So many times he'd be trying to read the fight and somehow had just no clue what was going on.

Wasn't great but better than Mauro and Big John

Don't know how good he is in WWE, but he's awful in MMA.

So many times he'd be trying to read the fight and somehow had just no clue what was going on.
I couldn't disagree more. I think Jimmy is excellent, one of the best in the business. Him and Wheelock were one of the better teams ever. Coker was stupid enough to not know what he had already on his books.

Bellator and UFC were dumb to ditch him. He's a solid color guy.

Cant believe Bellator dumped him for big john. UFC has so many fighters filling that role they wont bring him back but if I'm PFL, One maybe, he's def one a good commentator.

I couldn't disagree more. I think Jimmy is excellent, one of the best in the business. Him and Wheelock were one of the better teams ever. Coker was stupid enough to not know what he had already on his books.

Maybe he was alright most of the time, but when he was reading a fight wrong, he was really, really wrong.

I didn't like how agenda driven he got sometimes as well. Can't remember if it was Bellator or UFC, but there was one card where he just wouldn't shut up about fighter safety or something. Not that I think that's a bad topic, but the guy was relentless about it for way too long.

Maybe he was alright most of the time, but when he was reading a fight wrong, he was really, really wrong.

I didn't like how agenda driven he got sometimes as well. Can't remember if it was Bellator or UFC, but there was one card where he just wouldn't shut up about fighter safety or something. Not that I think that's a bad topic, but the guy was relentless about it for way too long.
Fair enough, when you do hours of unscripted television it's inevitable you'll fuck up sometimes. I found him and Wheelock to be a rock solid team the majority of the time.

THIS

Near of the end of his Bellator time and during his UFC run, he would not shut up about how every fight needs to be a slow-paced, safe decision. He actively campaigned against finishing and instead said guys should only go for the finish in the final minute of the fight if they've won every round to that point.

Back