Media *** The Official Ronda Rousey Mega Thread *** (UPDATED)

I think this is ironically what made her such a good fighter in the beginning.
100%. Alot of psychopaths are very successful, the Hollywoodized outcast in and out of jail label is more in lines with a sociopath which is a much lower functional disorder (or there simply referring to the term psychosis which is when your basically crazy/hallucinating).
I have a strong feeling that it has something to do with her upbringing, like maybe the career in judo kept her from socializing with kids her age in the middle school and high school years. And those flaws in her personality just never got the chance to work themselves out.
Good point about upbringing, things like lack of affection, traumatic childhood experiences, unhealthy household can all result in social flaws when you're older (genetics can too like if one of your parents is an alcoholic or bi polar).

I remember Ronda telling a story (I think it was on the ultimate fighter) about how her parents would abandon her at these Judo tournaments growing up in foreign countries and she'd cry nonstop. That's traumatic abuse which can fuck you up emotionally/socially as an adult.

Nameberry
The 3,750 persons in the survey had a total of 1,996 different names. 418 of these names had eight or more syllables (up to 44). The proportion of long names was diminishing but it took an upward turn in 2000–2005.

her kid is Hawaiian you fucking goofs.
kw5Yl9E.gif

Jones has less of an ego than Ronda and Jones has more of a reason to have a bigger ego than Ronda. Ronda to this day refuses to admit that any fighter in history is better than her in any aspect of MMA. You can tell this by her words, how all of her fights went and how her career played out. She refused to change strategies or evolve her game. In reality, Holm and Nunes were entirely winnable fights for her. Holm got submitted by Tate. Nunes got submitted by Pena. Ronda couldn’t do what they did though because she thought she was too good to learn to wrestle (shoot doubles and singles), or fight with a plan under the assumption they had better striking than her.

Say what you want about Jones but I think he knows his limitations and fights/trains accordingly. Also, I’m pretty sure Jones gets more hate than Ronda, just for different reasons. Most people have forgotten about Ronda.

It's hard to know if fighters are lying or not but Ronda supposedly has bad knees from her judo days and it's the reason why she opted to attempt more single and double legged takedowns. Personally I think it's plausible

Besides everything else you listed, another one of her mistakes was sticking by coach Edmunds side. Glendale fighting club is a legit karate mcdojo for kids and I'm not even joking. Edmund had a couple of his buddies train there and then one day Ronda showed up and all of a sudden it's a MMA gym now. A MMA gym with like 3 people.

Ronda really needed to surround herself with other experienced MMA fighters. It's obvious Glendale couldn't give her that so their solution was to hire an Olympic boxer for a couple of private lessons leading up to Holly

Last edited:
This is the sane person who named her kid La’akea Makalapuaokalanipō. Imagine making your kids life difficult and not realizing it.
They'd just be called La'a for short, hawaiian names look intimidating on paper at first but that goes away.

Reactions: HHJ
Ufc employees cheering cause they made some money on those bets.

Nothing personal lol

There all 3 classified as anti-social personality disorders and a lot of the characteristics are found in all 3 so your arguing semantics at this point. No, I'm not being silly, she exhibits most of the characteristics of a psycho people just confuse that term as some sort of serial killer which it's not.

No a lot of people confuse a psycho as some sort of crazy serial killer but that's actually false. Psychos tend to be incredibly successful and stay out of legal trouble unlike sociopaths. Psychopath personality disorder is really common with CEOs, politicians, and large business owners.

At the end of the day it's all semantics anyways. This is like the equivalent of me saying she has Asperger's and you're saying no she's just autistic. Asperger's is just a highly function classification of autism they're both essentially the same thing. Psychopath is usually just a higher functioning classification of narcissists

Can you specify the differentiation between sociopathic and psychopathic? I always assumed that are rather anachronistic terms of anti-social pd. They are labeled as associated terms in my ICD but not specified, while other commonly used subtypes of PDs are.

I honestky know the concept "psychopathy" more in the context of the criminal justice system which is not my field of work, so i am not updated my knowledge since university, but from what I recall there is a differentiation between typ a and b psychopathy with one major factor of difference beeing impuls control, global level of funtioning and success is associated with that. I don't think success is the demarcation line between psychopathy and sociopathy.

Maybe decades ago that were clinical terms as well, but while beeing still in the icd-10 (which is 30 years running) as vaguely associated terms, they are not mentioned in the dsm 5 which is roughly 10 years old. And i think the icd 11 does completly away from the fixed category concept of PDs. I have never come across psychopathy or sociopathy as used diagnosis in the clinical field.

Narcisistic PD is not a form of anti-social PD, it simply isn't. And higher Level of functioning definitly does not differentiate between narcisim and psychopathy. You mix something that doesn't belong together.

Nothing that ever happens in MMA should have an effect on your life.
Ronda released a book that goes in depth on important moments in her MMA career. If she has the right to release it, the fans have the right to talk about it. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable to hear others opinions.
Has nothing to do with my comfort ya silly pleeb. I also said zero about Ronda's behavior.

Yes, some of you in here have had worthwhile points, idk about you and I'm not going back to check, but there are also plenty that fit exactly what I said. Lots of armchair psychiatrists and psychologists, and a few with clear woman issues.

GTFO with this "we have a right" bullshit. I also have the right to think a number of you are dumbfucks. Funny how that works.

It’s the length that’s the problem, not the origin. Hawaiian names average around 6 letters. If it was Romanian or Hispanic with 16 letters I would’ve said the same thing.
Imagine if she married a european guy. She would name her child "Count Baron Kaiser Werner Pfeldlinger Fingerlickner von Hoeltschweinergmachtner Rousey" or "Znigwieczrina Nowloczynlieczwowzcrczsky of Globsnogczrecnoyarskglograd Rousey".

Just wish we could've seen her fight Floyd Money Mayweather.

She'd Judo throw his ass into the stands.

Reactions: HHJ
The division wasn't really any better after Ronda. Tate won the title after Ronda lost. Nunes came into her own but previously she had gotten finished by Cat Zingano right before she got subbed in 14 seconds by Ronda. Pennington just became champion and she was around in the Ronda era. Pena is still ranked number one today and she was on Ronda's season of TUF.
This

Imagine if she married a european guy. She would name her child "Count Baron Kaiser Werner Pfeldlinger Fingerlickner von Hoeltschweinergmachtner Rousey" or "Znigwieczrina Nowloczynlieczwowzcrczsky of Globsnogczrecnoyarskglograd Rousey".
So?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back