Joanna got one more fight in her UFC contract, wants BIG money to re-sign

It more complicated than that. The case is about whether or not the UFC has used Anti-Competitive practices to suppress fighter pay not “are fighters getting paid enough”— that’s oversimplification and somewhat inaccurate

And the arguments being used in court by the UFC are trying to prove that their business practices are not anti-competive

Or he might be more familiar with the situation than you are
And Ali feels so strongly that the UFC isn't a monopsony that he testified against an effort to increase fighter pay...aka help his clients make more money? Sure lol

And again, just spitball if you have to. How does keeping fighter pay private increase fighter pay or leverage. Im dying to know, because it would have to be something super creative.

And like I said, Ali has worked for promotions before while repping fighters. Thay isn't encouraging if you're arguing that he would never double deal.

And Ali feels so strongly that the UFC isn't a monopsony that he testified against an effort to increase fighter pay...aka help his clients make more money? Sure lol

And again, just spitball if you have to. How does keeping fighter pay private increase fighter pay or leverage. Im dying to know, because it would have to be something super creative.

And like I said, Ali has worked for promotions before while repping fighters. Thay isn't encouraging if you're arguing that he would never double deal.

I don’t know him personally. The people who do seem to hold him in high regard. Until I have the opportunity to personally meet him or he is undeniably found guilty of something unsavory I will not make any assumptions.

This is the same standard I apply to all people.

Maybe you disagree and that’s fine. I just think you are cynical but who knows you may be proven right over time.

Last edited:

Ali is 100% a double-agent working as a middle-man to serve both his clients and the UFC as part of a sub-cartel. It's snake man stuff.

87a894e71f1c402dbd8e8f9ec6e78d36_md.jpg

I don’t know him personally. The people who do seem to hold him in high regard. Until I have the opportunity to personally meet him or he is undeniably found guilty of something unsavory not I will make any assumptions.

This is the same standard I apply to all people.

Maybe you disagree and that’s fine. I just think you are cynical but who knows you may be proven right over time.
It's combat sports, watch long enough and you have to be cynical. Although I wouldn't really even describe my conclusion of Ali as cyclical. It's just a basic comparison of his actions with a manager's fiduciary responsibilities. You don't see manager's in other sports acting like Ali or double dealing like he did with WSOF.

Also, for what it's worth, Nate Quarry got to see a some of the exhibits in the lawsuit and said they don't paint several managers in a shining light. So make of that what you will.

Delusional. Stay retired. She doesn't deserve more money for getting her ass kicked in 4 out of her last 6 fights. Look at who her wins are, Waterson and Torres? She can't even hang in the UFC. She should fight a can and run to Bellator.

And to be clear, she doesn't deserve a rematch with Rose or Weili.
The fuck are you on about? She's dominated everyone except Weili and Rose. She's the clear number 3 in the division and it's not even close. She demolished Esparza, beat Gadelha twice, dominated Andrade. She arguably beat Weili and put on the best women's fight of all time. She's the most dominant champ in that division. (I know she lost so Shevchenko but that was in flyweight). She would dominate Dern and Ridriguez to probably. I could see her loose to Tatiana but I see her as the favorite in that fight to. Why the hell would UFC cut one of the most skilled and entertaining fighters on the roster with a big social media following?

The fuck are you on about? She's dominated everyone except Weili and Rose. She's the clear number 3 in the division and it's not even close. She demolished Esparza, beat Gadelha twice, dominated Andrade. She arguably beat Weili and put on the best women's fight of all time. She's the most dominant champ in that division. (I know she lost so Shevchenko but that was in flyweight). She would dominate Dern and Ridriguez to probably. I could see her loose to Tatiana but I see her as the favorite in that fight to. Why the hell would UFC cut one of the most skilled and entertaining fighters on the roster with a big social media following?
Same reason they cut Reem and JDS. Im not endorsing it, but the UFC is going to cut more of their higher earnings fighters who aren't future champs. That's their best bet for controlling fighter pay

She should ask for as much as possible. She giving up her "fertility" years if she resigns for another 8.

Same reason they cut Reem and JDS. Im not endorsing it, but the UFC is going to cut more of their higher earnings fighters who aren't future champs. That's their best bet for controlling fighter pay
That I know. But the guy I answered flat out say kick Joanna to bellator which is bullshit.

Yeah there's no way they are paying her that much more. You might as well wave her goodbye if she's demanding another 100k

Kinda crazy to find out she was only guaranteed 100k in her lastfight.

Delusional. Stay retired. She doesn't deserve more money for getting her ass kicked in 4 out of her last 6 fights. Look at who her wins are, Waterson and Torres? She can't even hang in the UFC. She should fight a can and run to Bellator.

And to be clear, she doesn't deserve a rematch with Rose or Weili.

Her last fight was a split decision for the title, it's not like she's getting blown out the water she's having very close fights with the elite of the division.

I sympathize with her, but am not sure she has the leverage for a significant pay raise.

Champions take a hit to bargaining power in mma since they can't fight out their contracts then, but they are obligated to defend titles still. MMA is backwards in terms of when a fighter's drawing power and bargaining power peak.

Prize fighters wanting a bigger prize is being greedy?
There's a thing called leverage which she doesn't have anymore. You can't go 2-4 and expect "big money." Especially in the women's division they will just move on without her.

Bye. Nice knowin' ya. She'll land somewhere making good money and probably fighting weak competition, which is probably a great idea for her at this stage in her career. WAR Joanna, good luck out there.

I dont even recognize her after what Zhang did to her. Before she looked cute sometimes...

I dunno man, that sounds awful generous.
Wouldn't you rather that money go to someone like an investor suit who needs their 5th mansion and was born into wealth such that accumulating investment dividend is a mindless game of ego passed down intergenerationally?

Can't let these uppity fighting poors get too much of a taste. Ya know?

<{fry}>

I bet that she will sign with Bellator. Its also going to be best choice for her, similiar situation like Anderson.

She moves no needles. Be it ppv numbers or erections.

Back