Opinion Joe Biden is the greatest president of the past 20 years

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't vote for him. I thought he would perpetuate the status quo. There are many things he has done that I've disagreed with. But he's the only president that has had the courage to pull out of Afghanistan, with the mainstream media, military leadership, and political establishment all being against it. I really can't believe I'm saying this about Sleepy Joe. Of all the candidates he's the last person I expected this from.

Losing a war sucks. But we've been losing for the past 20 years. This is Vietnam all over again. We poured hundreds of billions of dollars into a fake Afghan government and it immediately collapsed. No amount of staying there would have changed that. The military and government have lied to us for 20 years about what was going on there.

Are there things in hindsight we could have done differently to minimize the consequences? Sure. But military intelligence and leadership has been incredibly incompetent this entire time, there's no reason to believe a different president would have handled this better or even left in the first place. Obama promised to get us out and he caved to the establishment. Trump promised to get us out and he caved and passed the buck. This is the best we could ever get.

It needed to end, almost nobody would argue this. It's how it was handled that was the problem. Why all of a sudden the rush? Why not start a plan for extraction and movement over a few months and once complete, pull the army and gear out last? Something doesn't add up. Or is this peak retardation?

It needed to end, almost nobody would argue this. It's how it was handled that was the problem. Why all of a sudden the rush? Why not start a plan for extraction and movement over a few months and once complete, pull the army and gear out last? Something doesn't add up. Or is this peak retardation?

It wasn't a rush, Biden actually extended the timeline. Politicians have been pushing to stay longer for fucking years, it had to end.

Also just to be clear, if we had stayed longer we would be violating the agreement we had with the Taliban.

Obama was better, but Biden is still ahead of Bush and Bunker Boy

Joe also led the most successful mass vaccination rollout in the history of the world. GO JOE GO. I don't like how his administration flip flopped on vaccines pre and post election though, makes him look like a political drone.

Obama ordered the murder of an american citizen. He's pretty much black trump

Last edited:
I didn't vote for him. I thought he would perpetuate the status quo. There are many things he has done that I've disagreed with. But he's the only president that has had the courage to pull out of Afghanistan, with the mainstream media, military leadership, and political establishment all being against it. I really can't believe I'm saying this about Sleepy Joe. Of all the candidates he's the last person I expected this from.

Losing a war sucks. But we've been losing for the past 20 years. This is Vietnam all over again. We poured hundreds of billions of dollars into a fake Afghan government and it immediately collapsed. No amount of staying there would have changed that. The military and government have lied to us for 20 years about what was going on there.

Are there things in hindsight we could have done differently to minimize the consequences? Sure. But military intelligence and leadership has been incredibly incompetent this entire time, there's no reason to believe a different president would have handled this better or even left in the first place. Obama promised to get us out and he caved to the establishment. Trump promised to get us out and he caved and passed the buck. This is the best we could ever get.

Writing this and not even mentioning the Cheney/Crow amendment is just a faulty retelling of history.

It wasn't a rush, Biden actually extended the timeline. Politicians have been pushing to stay longer for fucking years, it had to end.

Also just to be clear, if we had stayed longer we would be violating the agreement we had with the Taliban.
Except the Taliban already violated that agreement last summer when they fired rockets on US troops at Camp Bastion.

Pulling out was the right thing to do. Pulling out without actually putting something in place was wrong.

Biden has been involved for 9 of the 20 years we have been in Afghan. He is in the unique position to have actually put something in place to have avoided what has happened. No single president of the last 20 years has done enough.

There should have been a small training and mentoring force left behind, continued SF presence to deal with any Taliban extremist members. What happened was a shit show and the current government were the ones in charge at the time and have refused to take any ownership. They can try and pass the buck but the reality is Biden isn't some brand new member of congress, he is one of the longest standing and has the unique position of being a two term VP.

This is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever read

I’m fine with the result Afghanistan. I don’t see how it’s on us to spend trillions of tax payer dollars to help people who won’t help themselves.

I also give Biden credit for maintaining the Trump course on China.

His stance on the border is a disaster.

<BidenShutIt>

He’s also willing to take all the blame and criticism and thinks it’s much better than troops dying.

he also said the “buck stops with me”

the complete opposite of the last president who would blame everything on other people and never once took responsibility for a single negative thing throughout his entire life.

Shh, he doesn't know that Biden is one of the reasons we went there and stayed for so long.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Bush, Obama, Trump. These are the world leaders who have kept us in Afghanistan for the past 20 years. Biden has a terrible track record, but he wasn't in charge and he got us out as president.

Bush, Obama, Trump. These are the world leaders who have kept us in Afghanistan for the past 20 years. Biden has a terrible track record, but he wasn't in charge and he got us out as president.
Might wanna look up his record as a senator and how he voted when it came to continually funding the Afghan War...

Back