Joe Bourbon’s Basement Pub – A Sanctuary for All Lifters

I really enjoy the Olympics these days, there's always something somewhat interesting on and there are really all facets of athleticism being showcased. I really hope Lasha Talakhadze makes history on Wednesday.

Guys. I forgot how much cutting weight sucks.

A couple of my fighters are cutting for the first time, weighing in tomorrow, and I've been cutting alongside them in solidarity, making sure they know that I won't make them do anything I wouldn't do or that I don't believe in myself.

And now I'm hungry and thirsty and it's hard to think and I'm sad. Just glad that they likely won't have to do any sauna time tomorrow, which means I won't either.

Guys. I forgot how much cutting weight sucks.

A couple of my fighters are cutting for the first time, weighing in tomorrow, and I've been cutting alongside them in solidarity, making sure they know that I won't make them do anything I wouldn't do or that I don't believe in myself.

And now I'm hungry and thirsty and it's hard to think and I'm sad. Just glad that they likely won't have to do any sauna time tomorrow, which means I won't either.

Cutting weight is the most awful shit ever. Last time I did it my chick hated me. I was a prick.

Cutting weight is the most awful shit ever. Last time I did it my chick hated me. I was a prick.

My fighters hated me for making them do it, but it went really well. Even before sauna on Friday, we got one from 69.5 down to 65.8, and the other from 77 down to 72. Know I know with these guys what we can start to shoot for with a harder cut as they get more comfortable. Real chuffed, and it was actually kinda nice to have done it with them.

It's fight day today, baby! Can't wait.

And, 2 x winners from 2 fights. Jackie got his second stoppage in a row via leg kick, but this time second round instead of first. Ollie had a great 3 round war, getting stronger from round to round. First fight, and he went straight into fighting no shin pads and knees to the head - he actually took a knee in the first round which opened him up a nice wee cut between his eyebrows. Packed it in with vas though, and got the job done. One happy coach here.

And, 2 x winners from 2 fights. Jackie got his second stoppage in a row via leg kick, but this time second round instead of first. Ollie had a great 3 round war, getting stronger from round to round. First fight, and he went straight into fighting no shin pads and knees to the head - he actually took a knee in the first round which opened him up a nice wee cut between his eyebrows. Packed it in with vas though, and got the job done. One happy coach here.
That's great kiwi, congrats to you and your guys.

Stoppage via leg kick is very cool.

congrats, fella.

So... anyone watching the streams for the Paul/Woodley fight? Just jumped on in the Serrano/Mercado fight.

Corona sucks ass. I wasn't trying to underestimate the severity but man it wrecked me.

Since yesterday I'm the happy owner of a doggo. We decided to adopt a two year-old mix from a shelter in Hungary, he arrived yesterday and is a little bigger and heavier than we thought. And he might actually not be a mix, but simply a Jagdterrier which might make for interesting times in the near future. So far the little guy's pretty chill though.

I'm extraordinarily chuffed today, as it's the first time in 2 months I'll have been able to lift weights. Lockdown restrictions have somewhat eased (for the moment), so people are now allowed to visit other households, as long as you remain outside, socially distanced and limit gatherings to no more than 2 households at a time. And, I have a mate who has a very well-equipped home gym that he's happy for me to pop over and use. Absolutely chuffed. I'm gonna didlift. Gonna binch. Do some assault bike sprints. Yeee.

I'm extraordinarily chuffed today, as it's the first time in 2 months I'll have been able to lift weights. Lockdown restrictions have somewhat eased (for the moment), so people are now allowed to visit other households, as long as you remain outside, socially distanced and limit gatherings to no more than 2 households at a time. And, I have a mate who has a very well-equipped home gym that he's happy for me to pop over and use. Absolutely chuffed. I'm gonna didlift. Gonna binch. Do some assault bike sprints. Yeee.
Enjoy mate. The lockdowns really made me appreciate having a home gym setup.

Enjoy mate. The lockdowns really made me appreciate having a home gym setup.

Cheers mate. Covid cases have dramatically ticked up the past week or two though, as people are taking the piss with the easing restrictions, so there's speculation the government might chuck us back into a hard lockdown again to get things wrapped back up. Only thing is, if they do that, I'm going to imagine a strong pushback, and growing anti-lockdown/anti-restriction movement. It's a tricky balance with a relatively volatile situation like this.

Seems like I'll become a kid's rugby coach next year. Have any of you ever done any coaching, especially with kids? @NurseKnuckles, don't you coach a bunch of kids?

Back