Joe Bourbon’s Basement Pub – A Sanctuary for All Lifters

I just got 2 "e coat" 53lbs kettlebells from Rogue shipped for about $180. Dual KB workouts are awesome.

I got a flat bench and a set of dumbbells in yesterday. Not much space for other stuff left, but that plus my spinning bike is a decent setup.

Do you guys work from home currently? I started a new job last October and have been to the office once. We're all supposed to work from home and I fortunately got a nice setup with two screens from my employer. Seems like this won't change anytime soon.

Do you guys work from home currently? I started a new job last October and have been to the office once. We're all supposed to work from home and I fortunately got a nice setup with two screens from my employer. Seems like this won't change anytime soon.

I do not. I did briefly in April, but that was during my transition from what I was doing as a office support role to a in store management role. I could do parts of my job from home, but most of it requires me to be there.

No. I'm required to physically be at my work. I used to work from home alot, but to be honest, it's been quite nice for my girlfriend and I to both actually go to work, and maintain some kind of normality.

Bit of a mix at the moment. I worked from home for many years, for 95%+ of my days - it was good to be there when the kids were young, but it was difficult for me to switch off from work as much as I needed to during "downtime" (other things about it were less than ideal too).

Oh wow a new pub.

I've been working from home since St. Patrick's Day 2020. Looks like I'll be working from home until at least September at this rate. I haven't exercised in months and it shows. My body aches and I've gained back most of the 10 lb I lost in August/September. I'm hoping to setup a lifting space in my garage but I have to organize it first and the find some equipment that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

An old friend of mine moved to my town and has a rack and barbell setup in his garage but we are on lockdown right now and I also don't really have a few hours to go hang out with him right now.

Time to get old and fat I guess!

Oh wow a new pub.

I've been working from home since St. Patrick's Day 2020. Looks like I'll be working from home until at least September at this rate. I haven't exercised in months and it shows. My body aches and I've gained back most of the 10 lb I lost in August/September. I'm hoping to setup a lifting space in my garage but I have to organize it first and the find some equipment that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

An old friend of mine moved to my town and has a rack and barbell setup in his garage but we are on lockdown right now and I also don't really have a few hours to go hang out with him right now.

Time to get old and fat I guess!
Get a kettlebell or plural bells. Struggle against age and fatness.

Not gonna lie, I really miss having a job that let me work from home as needed. I'm just transitioning back to being at the bar fulltime, while still staying a part-time/casual coach at the gym. Looking forward to being out of retail soon. I look forward to having days off again as well. Oh my goodness, actual time off. Last day off was Christmas day. Last day off before that was November sometime. It's no wonder I've been crashing and burning.

So far I really enjoy working from home and it seems like there will be some kind of solution put into place that will allow me to work from the office some amount of time and from home a potentially smaller amount of time as well. Landing this accounting job at a big e-commerce company in the middle of the fucking pandemic was fucking great, I'm itching to get a look at the office gyms though. Fingercs crossed.

I was one of the lucky ones who had slowly purchased home gym stuff. I've even made a log press and farmer carries (I can provide Instruction and costs) and I'm making a circus dumbbell right now. My gym is like -15 degrees right now though.

I was one of the lucky ones who had slowly purchased home gym stuff. I've even made a log press and farmer carries (I can provide Instruction and costs) and I'm making a circus dumbbell right now. My gym is like -15 degrees right now though.
Nurse! How the bugger are you?

Nurse! How the bugger are you?

I'm good. I'm lucky to be still working, family is healthy, kids are in school. I've suspended operations of my clinic since everyone on the planet realized virtual health was feasible and extremely profitable; although Canadian providers still don't get it, and are leaving a lot of money on the table... Anyway that's a different conversation... Lifting is going really well. I'm attempting a 375lbs squat in about 4 weeks. My last heavy day was 345 which came up really easy. Basically I'm doing well and I've missed this place.

I hope things are good with you!

I'm good. I'm lucky to be still working, family is healthy, kids are in school. I've suspended operations of my clinic since everyone on the planet realized virtual health was feasible and extremely profitable; although Canadian providers still don't get it, and are leaving a lot of money on the table... Anyway that's a different conversation... Lifting is going really well. I'm attempting a 375lbs squat in about 4 weeks. My last heavy day was 345 which came up really easy. Basically I'm doing well and I've missed this place.

I hope things are good with you!
We missed you.
Or, at least I missed you. I guess I can’t speak for the rest of the lads.

We missed you.
Or, at least I missed you. I guess I can’t speak for the rest of the lads.
Thanks bro.
I've missed this place. I had my reservations about coming back but I just don't get the same connection with you guys on social media.

So I'll be logging again as regularly as I can.

Back