Joe Bourbon’s Basement Pub – A Sanctuary for All Lifters

I did something similar as a kid. I had to get surgery twice because somehow it got refucked. My advice? Don't rush it and follow whatever they give you.

Well that sounds boring and sensible and I don't want to do it.

Bonus side: my thumb is now out of a cast and in a splint. Main choice of rehab activity so far is videogaming. Low-impact, low-exertion, but good for getting some movement and range of motion back. At least, that's my justification to myself. I'm back in the gym as well - I can do all the essential exercises, so not feeling too left out any more.

Hey folks, quick question. What are the requirements to create a strength and conditioning log here on sherdog? I don't seem to have the administrative privileges to create a post. I have frequented the site over the last 6-8 years looking through the forums. Just created an account towards the end of the pandemic.

Hey folks, quick question. What are the requirements to create a strength and conditioning log here on sherdog? I don't seem to have the administrative privileges to create a post. I have frequented the site over the last 6-8 years looking through the forums. Just created an account towards the end of the pandemic.
I believe they've recently built AI into the forum whereby it uses various metrics to evaluate how strong you are, and only allows you start a log if you can bench teh 275. This may seem counterintuitive/unfair; after all, how is someone supposed to get stronger without lifting, but I don't make the rules.*

*or it could be because nowadays you need to be a yellow belt (150 posts) before you're allowed to start a thread, I guess that includes logs...

*edit - ignore the above @teepsandbarleywine has a log and he's a whitey - so I dunno.

I believe they've recently built AI into the forum whereby it uses various metrics to evaluate how strong you are, and only allows you start a log if you can bench teh 275. This may seem counterintuitive/unfair; after all, how is someone supposed to get stronger without lifting, but I don't make the rules.*

*or it could be because nowadays you need to be a yellow belt (150 posts) before you're allowed to start a thread, I guess that includes logs...

*edit - ignore the above @teepsandbarleywine has a log and he's a whitey - so I dunno.

gotcha. well thanks for your guidance haha. going to have to get my posts up to be able to rate a s&c log here.

I think you might need a minimum of 10 or 20 posts? I think it's a way of making sure that posters are "real" and not just spamming new threads with links to products, advertisements, etc.

How'd fitnotes work out for you?

Haven't tried it out yet. Got covid and haven't trained for like a month. Weeeeeee
Got vaccinated too once I felt better so hopefully won't have to deal with getting covid again.

So as much as I was a track athlete at university, Ive never thrown discus, or shot putt. I've putted a few times in practice recently and did a mock meet in discus over the weekend. One of the young lads on the team is the #2 HS discus thrower in Canada right now. He threw a 1.75kg disc about 50m... LOL I threw my 2.0kg 25.8m, standing. It was seriously terrible. I basically pushed it with my shoulder... Anyway, I have a lot of work to do technically, but to medal at the masters level I should be throwing over 40m,
which I think is totally possible given the fact that I have access to great coaching here. The M40 record in Canada is 53.19m...

Hi, it's been a little over 11 years since I've posted on Sherdog. It was Carnal's pub back then, but it's really cool that this thing is still going. I remember DrBdan and Knucks being noobs. Urban signed up on Sherdog via telegraph. I'm old and my back hates me. I mostly just run slowly these days. I still have all my PL equipment and would love to get back into it. I saw Urban is working with a herniated disc himself, so maybe you'll inspire me. Anyway, hi old farts and whippersnappers alike!

Same Knucks. I didn't know you did track. I did shot and discus in junior high (late 80s) so I may hold a record in shittiest field career. I think doing discus would be fun. I have 0 access to that, but it sounds like you are in a good place. You aren't afraid to work so I'm sure you'll improve pretty quickly.

I have been running since 2014 and running daily for most of the times since then. Both stops since Thansgiving 2014 were for surgical procedures (not running related). I've been on cruise control with slow minimum mile runs for over a year now. I'm glad I've kept that baseline, but I really need to start regaining my endurance and speed so I can get back to not being a fat butt again. Day 1,211 today.

I was a high jumper at university. But these days I'm interested in learning to throw. I have some very good throwers around me on the team I coach who have been willing to let me train along side them. I'm looking to hit 40m discus by the end of the summer.

I have been running since 2014 and running daily for most of the times since then. Both stops since Thansgiving 2014 were for surgical procedures (not running related). I've been on cruise control with slow minimum mile runs for over a year now. I'm glad I've kept that baseline, but I really need to start regaining my endurance and speed so I can get back to not being a fat butt again. Day 1,211 today.

Thats great. Start a log, get accountable again!

I'd love to try throwing at some time, but it seems like it's one of those sports that you either start as a teenager or you never touch, at least here in Germany. In other news, I hate the Bronco-test.

I have remained somewhat athletic and injury free my whole life (although from 2001-2008 I was pretty sick) so I am pretty confident that I can at least safely learn some basic technique. But you're right its pretty intense and likely not something I will be successful in having not done it my whole life.

Back