Joe Bourbon’s Basement Pub – A Sanctuary for All Lifters

I have remained somewhat athletic and injury free my whole life (although from 2001-2008 I was pretty sick) so I am pretty confident that I can at least safely learn some basic technique. But you're right its pretty intense and likely not something I will be successful in having not done it my whole life.
I honestly think anybody, you especially, can pick up most activities and get pretty good at them, I actually meant getting somebody to teach and train you. I have no idea what sports club I'd have to contact to get a beginner's throwing coach to work with me.

I honestly think anybody, you especially, can pick up most activities and get pretty good at them, I actually meant getting somebody to teach and train you. I have no idea what sports club I'd have to contact to get a beginner's throwing coach to work with me.
Oh right.
on a separate but similar note, I welcomed an international student from Germany into our house in April. He's from Bonn and is apparently quite the ping pong player...

I like ping pong. My friends and I aren't good, but we have fun.

Remember Magicman531 (I may have the numbers wrong) that posted here? He was really into ping pong. And possibly cousin fucking. So, there's that.

@NurseKnuckles I'll start a log tonight. We don't have kids and we're in our mid forties. We got a 17 year old girl back in September. She's doing really well, but holy crap has it disrupted everything.

Oh right.
on a separate but similar note, I welcomed an international student from Germany into our house in April. He's from Bonn and is apparently quite the ping pong player...
Tell him "Schöne Grüße!" and let him introduce you into the wild world of Ringelpiez.

I like ping pong. My friends and I aren't good, but we have fun.

Remember Magicman531 (I may have the numbers wrong) that posted here? He was really into ping pong. And possibly cousin fucking. So, there's that.
My business partner is recently divorced. He set up a sweet game room in his new place. Fresh new ping pong table.

Are any of you guys asthmatics? I think I might have exercise induced asthma and wondered if I should pay my doctor a visit.

Are any of you guys asthmatics? I think I might have exercise induced asthma and wondered if I should pay my doctor a visit.

I am, but I rarely need to use an inhaler or anything of the sort.

What's your trigger? And how often do you use medication?

The weather seems to be the trigger, when its bitterly cold or extremely hot and I have to something hard. Conditioning, manual labor at work, ect.. ect. The only time I use the medication is when I have an attack which is extremely rare now.

You should go for sure @xPINKx. Asthma since birth and I get exercise induced and other crap. Two puffs of albuterol before exercise and you'll notice a big difference if you do have it. Since you're new to it, you'll get a slight buzz from it, but that will fade quickly. Exercising and having an attack damages your lungs a little. Do it all the time and you can have pretty shitty lungs. I run every day with it.

I'm asthmatic. For me, changes in season are a big one, and allergens can be as well. Usually, the fitter I am, the better/easier my asthma is.

Anyone here still under restrictions/lockdown?
Yeah. We're under lockdown, but its not really clear what that means here.

I think that if you don't give people a plan its hard to get buy-in from the those at risk of flaunting freedoms, or being drawn into YOUTUBE wormholes of despair. If our leaders would have suggested a goal line like X amount of cases, or X amount of ICU admissions and we'll open shit up like this or like that, I think people would have been more sensitive to the importance of these measures.

In all honesty, I think we should have shot for the stars (0 cases) and accepted the moon (spot lockdowns, testing and vaccination in specific regions as cases appear) in order to open up instead of shooting for the top of the empire state building (arbitrary case load minimums) and accepting the fact that we can barely jump 10" (nobody knows what the fuck is going on).

I became a hermit years before the pandemic. I rarely go anywhere, and I intend to wear a mask in public for the rest of my life. My wife and I ate in a restaurant once since New Years Day 2019. They were the same Thai place New Years 2019 and February 2020. We ate take out from there on Friday which replaced our annual restaurant trip I suppose. I can be in my own woods, carve, read, and access the internet. I have a treadmill and plenty of oly plates. I'm shooting for the "remains found years later" kinda life.

Back