giphy.gif

dcx0zbm-39144b76-d9f8-4e76-aef9-f1cd8ca2cf9d.png

vs

giphy.gif

200401-wwwtripleh-news.jpg

Is this who we like more?

HHH easily

Cena was awesome when he was the Dr of Thuganomics
yes i liked cena as dr of thuganomics as well. i feel like fans turned on cena after he changed his character to be more family friendly and wwe kept pushing him down ppl's throats. with triple h, he was never THEEE GUY, also he used to bury everyone in the early 2000s

I’m a big Triple H fan. Dude was a fantastic heel, very good worker, got good matches out of most guys. Ok, not Scott Steiner. But most other guys. Cena’s in-ring style has never been something I liked a lot, and his promos are “meh” as well. Triple H has been in some of my favorite matches of all time. Cena has not.

I’m a big Triple H fan. Dude was a fantastic heel, very good worker, got good matches out of most guys. Ok, not Scott Steiner. But most other guys. Cena’s in-ring style has never been something I liked a lot, and his promos are “meh” as well. Triple H has been in some of my favorite matches of all time. Cena has not.

Austin No way out 01?
He has a lot of underrated matches

Cena is better on the mic then in the ring imo he does the same moves like Hogan but he's not as entertaining as Hogan.

2 of the most polarizing wrestlers in wwe history

giphy.gif

vs

giphy.gif

You know there is a pro wrestling forum right?
Not too many adults these days watching that soap opera, the industry has been dead for near 20 years now.
Plus mma stole the formula by having characters and promos, and now celeb boxing is doing similar.

And you gotta respect cenas fortitude and thick skin.

Let's be honest, peak cena is the most hated modern "face".

Meanwhile triple h was always "cool" to like and also married the royalty. When you really think on it cena has grinded way harder.

Yes cena was pushed hard...but he went from a thug gimmick to basically a kids superhero, and never complained.

Austin No way out 01?
He has a lot of underrated matches

Cena is better on the mic then in the ring imo he does the same moves like Hogan but he's not as entertaining as Hogan.
Yeah, that 3 Stages of Hell match was money. The build up was great too, with that old-school angle where the contract they signed specifies they can’t physically touch each other. That worked really well to build that match. HHH-HBK at Summerslam (2002?) was another fave match of all time. But also tons of other great matches: HHH-Taker at WM17, HHH-Rock at Backlash 2000, HHH-Foley HIAC. Lots of great stuff.
Cena I’ve never cared for at all. He was a good heel I thought. Never liked him as a babyface. Like you said, his moveset is limited. He’s old school enough to cut a way better promo than most guys today, but it was so evident during the build up for his Rock matches how shit his promos are compared to that era. Rock’s always a great promo. But back then, Austin, Angle, HHH, Foley, HBK, Taker were all on that level. Cena just isn’t to me.

2 of the most polarizing wrestlers in wwe history

giphy.gif

vs

giphy.gif

Can't take HHH serious as tough. Brett Hart punk him back in the day with the whole screw job. Boy was scared.

And you gotta respect cenas fortitude and thick skin.

Let's be honest, peak cena is the most hated modern "face".

Meanwhile triple h was always "cool" to like and also married the royalty. When you really think on it cena has grinded way harder.

Yes cena was pushed hard...but he went from a thug gimmick to basically a kids superhero, and never complained.

He never complained because that's the character he wanted to play. He was doing a ton and the rock means a ton of charity so he wanted to be a hero for kids.

The only problem is once he got stale if he would have turned heel it would have been huge and a possible rejuvenation to the WWE

Can't take HHH serious as tough. Brett Hart punk him back in the day with the whole screw job. Boy was scared.

You know how many times this man had his hamstring ripped off the bone and still finished his matches? HHH is as tough as they get.

His guilt and the fact Bret Hart is the man is what kept Hunter quiet like a puppy. The fact Bret beat up Shawn a few times probably made HHH reconsider ever crossing him

You know how many times this man had his hamstring ripped off the bone and still finished his matches? HHH is as tough as they get.

His guilt and the fact Bret Hart is the man is what kept Hunter quiet like a puppy.

Guilt or the fact Brett would actually put the beating on him if he stepped up.

HHH for sure.

cena is a lil bitch.

Yeah, that 3 Stages of Hell match was money. The build up was great too, with that old-school angle where the contract they signed specifies they can’t physically touch each other. That worked really well to build that match. HHH-HBK at Summerslam (2002?) was another fave match of all time. But also tons of other great matches: HHH-Taker at WM17, HHH-Rock at Backlash 2000, HHH-Foley HIAC. Lots of great stuff.
Cena I’ve never cared for at all. He was a good heel I thought. Never liked him as a babyface. Like you said, his moveset is limited. He’s old school enough to cut a way better promo than most guys today, but it was so evident during the build up for his Rock matches how shit his promos are compared to that era. Rock’s always a great promo. But back then, Austin, Angle, HHH, Foley, HBK, Taker were all on that level. Cena just isn’t to me.

It's why I always watch 97 Raw which was my fav year in wrestling. It's the year wrestling got real.

The promos, some of the matches, the drama, all real. Also Vince finally let his guys be themselves. I have probably watched 97 raw a dozen times along with the PPVs and it never gets old to me.

I have to skip some of the crappy boring stuff but overall it was the best imo.

97-98 for me.
01-02 should have been the mega year for wrestling all time if they would have done the invasion angle properly.

I would have kept it almost the same except WWF squashes WCW and embarrasses them.

Then when 02 rolls around the big boys from WCW enter (nWo, Goldberg, Flair) and now we got the best set up for WM 18. The entire PPV could have been 1 giant WCW vs WWF ppv

Goldberg vs Austin
Hogan vs Rock
Flair vs HHH
Outsiders vs Edge/Christian or New age outlaws

So many possibilities ruined

Back