john cena vs triple h

It's why I always watch 97 Raw which was my fav year in wrestling. It's the year wrestling got real.

The promos, some of the matches, the drama, all real. Also Vince finally let his guys be themselves. I have probably watched 97 raw a dozen times along with the PPVs and it never gets old to me.

I have to skip some of the crappy boring stuff but overall it was the best imo.

97-98 for me.
01-02 should have been the mega year for wrestling all time if they would have done the invasion angle properly.

I would have kept it almost the same except WWF squashes WCW and embarrasses them.

Then when 02 rolls around the big boys from WCW enter (nWo, Goldberg, Flair) and now we got the best set up for WM 18. The entire PPV could have been 1 giant WCW vs WWF ppv

Goldberg vs Austin
Hogan vs Rock
Flair vs HHH
Outsiders vs Edge/Christian or New age outlaws

So many possibilities ruined
i think i started watching in 98, it was just when stone cold was challenging shawn for the title at mania 14 and became the biggest star in the company. rock was still in the nation but was quickly becoming number 2

also during that time i was watching wcw and the nwo had the wolfpac vs hollywood, and goldberg started getting popular

Feels like a thread from the early 2000s.

also during that time i was watching wcw and the nwo had the wolfpac vs hollywood, and goldberg started getting popular

I'd always watch WCW from 8 to 857 then turned on Raw until commercials and then I'd flip back to WCW for literally a min.

I've been watching a lot of Nitro to see everything I missed out on.

HHH: Co-Founder of DX, Friends with Lemmy, and will be the guy to lead the WWE into the future when Vince dies.

It's why I always watch 97 Raw which was my fav year in wrestling. It's the year wrestling got real.

The promos, some of the matches, the drama, all real. Also Vince finally let his guys be themselves. I have probably watched 97 raw a dozen times along with the PPVs and it never gets old to me.

I have to skip some of the crappy boring stuff but overall it was the best imo.

97-98 for me.
01-02 should have been the mega year for wrestling all time if they would have done the invasion angle properly.

I would have kept it almost the same except WWF squashes WCW and embarrasses them.

Then when 02 rolls around the big boys from WCW enter (nWo, Goldberg, Flair) and now we got the best set up for WM 18. The entire PPV could have been 1 giant WCW vs WWF ppv

Goldberg vs Austin
Hogan vs Rock
Flair vs HHH
Outsiders vs Edge/Christian or New age outlaws

So many possibilities ruined
Yeah they def fucked the Invasion angle. I’m of the opinion that if they couldn’t get Nash, Hall, and Hogan at least in ‘01, then they shouldn’t have done it at all. ‘97 was a great year, in all major orgs. The NWO angle at first is one of the best angles I e ever seen, plus WWF had all of the things you mentioned. 1987 might’ve been my favorite year, just because I have good memories. I was a kid, new to it all, and there were such great matches and angles going on. Hogan-Orndorff and Hogan-Andre, Savage-Steamboat, Road Warriors vs Tully and Arn in the NWA, all kinds of good stuff.

I never liked Cena, any version. HHH is one of the best heels ever. His feud with the Rock in the attitude era, along with his post HBK DX faction was awesome. Evolution was another stellar faction

He did bury a few guys, which always pissed me off, but overall I liked him far better than Cena

Max Landis covers it perfectly here, has some hot chicks in it too, a fun watch as to why HHH is awesome, and wrestling can be awesome (hasn't been for a long time)

i kinda like this theme of his better

I actually liked that one a lot. But when he got the Motörhead theme, you could just feel that it was the one. The one he’d remembered for. Suited him perfectly as a badass heel I thought.

Yeah they def fucked the Invasion angle. I’m of the opinion that if they couldn’t get Nash, Hall, and Hogan at least in ‘01, then they shouldn’t have done it at all. ‘97 was a great year, in all major orgs. The NWO angle at first is one of the best angles I e ever seen, plus WWF had all of the things you mentioned. 1987 might’ve been my favorite year, just because I have good memories. I was a kid, new to it all, and there were such great matches and angles going on. Hogan-Orndorff and Hogan-Andre, Savage-Steamboat, Road Warriors vs Tully and Arn in the NWA, all kinds of good stuff.

I really wish I could watch NWA matches. I've only seen a few like Starrcade 85 on @Pliny Pete recommendation of TA vs Tully which is my 2nd fav cage match of all time (Angle/Benoit on Raw being #1)

They also did DDP dirty. And I hated the Austin/Angle switch over too.

Imagine Hogan, Flair, Goldberg, DDP and Sting vs Austin, Rock, Taker, HHH and Angle.

That would have been the greatest 5v5 match of all time on paper.

Better than “The Game” Motörhead theme? I dunno about that, that’s one of the best entrances ever imho.
I've heard my daughter play this a bunch, so personal taste I guess. All the crappy trumpet players in her middle school band were always trying to play the song, so I made her learn it on bass. She became an instant legend.

I really wish I could watch NWA matches. I've only seen a few like Starrcade 85 on @Pliny Pete recommendation of TA vs Tully which is my 2nd fav cage match of all time (Angle/Benoit on Raw being #1)

They also did DDP dirty. And I hated the Austin/Angle switch over too.

Imagine Hogan, Flair, Goldberg, DDP and Sting vs Austin, Rock, Taker, HHH and Angle.

That would have been the greatest 5v5 match of all time on paper.
Honestly I think NWA was better than WWF in the 80s. A much grittier, less cartoon-y style. The best match of all time imho took place then: Steamboat-Flair at WrestleWar ‘89. The Rock N Roll Express-Midnight Express rivalry was dope back then, the 4 Horsemen, awesome Flair promos and matches, the Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, debut of Sting…it was great stuff.
I've heard my daughter play this a bunch, so personal taste I guess. All the crappy trumpet players in her middle school band were always trying to play the song, so I made her learn it on bass. She became an instant legend.

Haha well that is a good reason to like it I suppose :)

i liked basic thuganomics better

Cena has the best song.

By 2013, I was only watching the big ppvs with some friends who were still into it. But I remember seeing Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper (RIP), and Rowan at Summerslam 2013 and thinking it was one of the coolest entrances- both song and actual entrance- that I'd seen. Seemed to ideally complement the characters too.

Still can't believe that is IRS' son.

i kinda like this theme of his better

Completely agree. Motorhead theme became the one most identified with him but this one really fit and was a smooth transition from the DX days.

The thing the Motorhead theme has over it though is that interlude that corresponds with the water bottle. Legit part of his entrance.

Back