Joint mobility imbalances

Your beloved Somerset Patriots are also my beloved Somerset Patriots! And now they are the future stars of my beloved New York Yankees!

I'll see you (at 10% capacity) at the plinko board!
Oh hell yeah. I am supper pumped for this. WIN_20210227_10_47_14_Pro.jpg

jgarner didn’t want to participate anymore, I guess. :(

jgarner didn’t want to participate anymore, I guess. :(

What exactly is there to participate in? Did I miss something?

It's certainly hilarious that someone actually went searching through my post history to look up any dick comments I've made in the past.

It's certainly hilarious that someone actually went searching through my post history to look up any dick comments I've made in the past.
Mutilating the genitals of children without giving them a choice in the matter is very awesome. You're a good guy.

J: Oh yeah? I'll give you a thousand bucks to prove I'm a dongminded weirdo.

*Evidence presents itself*

J: Haha, I can't believe you guys actually found things to support your side of the argument to out me as the creep you all suspected me to be even after I 100% asked for it. What a bunch of losers.

J: Haha, I can't believe you guys actually found things to support your side of the argument to out me as the creep you all suspected me to be even after I 100% asked for it. What a bunch of losers.
Spot on haha.

Mutilating the genitals of children without giving them a choice in the matter is very awesome. You're a good guy.

So people who circumcise their children are scumbags now lol ite bro. That's some weird european shit you talking about

Actually it was a bet that not more than 1% of my posts in S&C were about dicks. Not that I've never spoken about dicks. I also talk about pussy and a million other things. I'm pretty sure Ive spoken about pussy a million times more often than I've spoken about dicks.

So people who circumcise their children are scumbags now lol ite bro.
I’d put it more down to lack of education, familiarity with current medical literature, and critical thinking. Above all else, taking that autonomy away from your child is a shitty thing to do. It’s their body.

But certainly people who word it like you did in that post are dumb-as-fuck scumbags, yes.

I’d put it more down to lack of education, familiarity with current medical literature, and critical thinking. Above all else, taking that autonomy away from your child is a shitty thing to do. It’s their body.

But certainly people who word it like you did in that post are dumb-as-fuck scumbags, yes.

Seems like you really know a lot about dicks.

<[analyzed}>

Well to get back on topic

This has manifested itself with arm pain in my left arm despite using talon grip, as well as shoulder and armpit pain on the same side. Bench lagged on this side today too. Pec tear incoming tbh.

Well to get back on topic

This has manifested itself with arm pain in my left arm despite using talon grip, as well as shoulder and armpit pain on the same side. Bench lagged on this side today too. Pec tear incoming tbh.
Because your rack position is terrible and barely exists. Your upper back looks loose as fuck when you squat.

You’ve been posting about mobility issues for months and also constantly posting resource material for fixing them. Honestly, have you enacted any of it on a consistent basis? Have you switched to high bar to ease some of the stress on your joints while you do so?

Seriously man, what the fuck?

Because your rack position is terrible and barely exists. Your upper back looks loose as fuck when you squat.

You’ve been posting about mobility issues for months and also constantly posting resource material for fixing them. Honestly, have you enacted any of it on a consistent basis? Have you switched to high bar to ease some of the stress on your joints while you do so?

Seriously man, what the fuck?
Clearly I dont know how to fix this Jim but I appreciate the analysis. Doing the same mobility work obviously isn't working and i need to move to something more demanding as mobility improves.

Been paying more attention to how things feel when I lift lately and have noticed a discrepancy in mobility in the joints on my left and right side. For instance, when racking the bar for a back squat, my left shoulder has better mobility than my right, which leads to the bar being slightly lower on my back on that side and throws off the mechanics of the lift. Also noticed my left hip is more mobile than my right, leading to hip shift if I am not paying enough attention while lifting. I know the simple answer is probably "just stretch them both the same and eventually the lagging side will catch up" but my question is how? What are some mobility routines you guys use? Too many to choose on YT and being a noob, I'd like some tutelage on the matter from experienced people if you're willing to share. Thanks.

I don't think a discrepancy should be big deal, as long as you can keep the bar level. In my experience, a mirror in front of me helped me detect if the bar wasn't level, and filming my squat from the back helped me realize whether I needed to cue one of my elbows to be pushed more under the bar or whether I had any tendencies. In my case, I know I have to consciously tell myself to push my right elbow down some because my right arm is more flexible and tends to point back.

The hip thing I'm not sure, maybe playing around with stance width could help, and filming sets to see what's really is going on and what you should cue yourself. It seems like you have already figured this cue out and just need to practice it more. I don't think one side being more flexible than the other should matter too much as long as you can hit depth and a good bottom position.

Also, have you considered switching to high bar at least until the arm pain eases? You could slowly narrow your grip width 1 finger at a time or so in the course of a few weeks, while avoiding discomfort, then work your way back to low bar once it resolves if you want. You could practice the rack position for periods of time, looking to gradually narrow the grip to a point where it's comfortable.
If it's impossible to squat low bar without pain, then you might look into just switching to high bar permanently. There's plenty of high bar squatters squatting massive weights.

Last edited:
Deadshot, maybe not as easy of a solution, or what you want to hear, but I bet if you shed some weight you'll have a much easier time getting into position.

Deadshot, maybe not as easy of a solution, or what you want to hear, but I bet if you shed some weight you'll have a much easier time getting into position.
Itd help immensely and is a work in progress.

That said, dudes heavier than I am achieve better mobility so there isn't a reason outside of laziness that I can't do the same.

Back