Jon Jones before/after steroids... or not?

Non lifter detected. Keep thinking that whey protein and "Olympic lifting" will make you big and shredded lmao

1Dx4KTQ.png

“Only took steroids because of his broken leg”

Lol

But you do agree there's no question he was on a full program? You see his baseline physique. I could get his definition, more or less, without steroids... jones could not. Impossible...
Are you saying Jones looked more roided out than TRT vitor? Lmaooo sherdog is amazing

the buff shot of jj is when he started power lifting for osp
was a lame fight and many said jj was clean for it and thets why he sucked
i only mention this cuz its ironic they use the "clean" pic as the example of his most roided and muscular

Non lifter detected. Keep thinking that whey protein and "Olympic lifting" will make you big and shredded lmao

Now he posted a photoshopped image of Silva. Silva NEVER had those biceps.

And the eye test is wrong for GSP. But right for Silva.
Pathetic.

I'm sorry, did you say GYMNASTICS sucks for hypertrophy...?

They use a LOT of weightlifting and weight-assisted "calisthenics" to perfect their drills.
It's a "strength to weight" sport, so it will privilege lean, muscular guys.

The looks fade away quickly outside competition.....and it's now a trend to "sell gymnastics style training" to aesthetics - it's worth doing the movements and so on, but to expect to look like gymnasts in competition day is delusional.

I'm sorry, did you say GYMNASTICS sucks for hypertrophy...?

Gymnasts train since they are like 6 years old and as they grow bigger, they naturally progressive overload their muscles, akin to what happens within a proper weight training routine (you either add more weight or more reps/sets, to an extent)

They also take steroids, do weight training, and are usually legitimate manlets so they tend to look bigger.

Gymnastics/Calistechnics training absolutely SUCK for a grown man, regarding hypertrophy, as you can't properly progressive overload your training

You have no clue what you are talking about, sorry buddy, santa isn't real, GSP is not natty

What is he doing to “beat the tests”? And when did this “change” occur? I posted his pics from his first ufc fight to DC 2...

I ask this as I do not know the answer.

Has any other MMA athlete... athlete of any regulated sport been given a pass for a failed test result explained away as 'Pulsing", for levels that for any prior fight would get them suspended?

I am not asking for the justifications for the "pulsing defense" as I have seen them and can say 'fine if you accept that justification". I am asking has any other fighters (especially prior to Jones) got this 'pulsing pass' where they show bannable limits but this justification is put forth to say 'ya,he is over the bannable limit but we will give him a pass because..."

It seems to me Jon now has a 'rest of career' pass for pulsing as I have seen it said the 'pulsing' could persist forever.

Jon Jones: Two adverse ‘pulsing’ drug test findings, three negative ahead of UFC 235

I ask this as I do not know the answer.

Has any other MMA athlete... athlete of any regulated sport been given a pass for a failed test result explained away as 'Pulsing", for levels that for any prior fight would get them suspended?

I am not asking for the justifications for the "pulsing defense" as I have seen them and can say 'fine if you accept that justification". I am asking has any other fighters (especially prior to Jones) got this 'pulsing pass' where they show bannable limits but this justification is put forth to say 'ya,he is over the bannable limit but we will give him a pass because..."

It seems to me Jon now has a 'rest of career' pass for pulsing as I have seen it said the 'pulsing' could persist forever.

Jon Jones: Two adverse ‘pulsing’ drug test findings, three negative ahead of UFC 235
Yes.

now does that change anything for you?

but also what do you think a pass to pulse traces of m3 affords him (or anyone else)?

Last edited:
Yes.

now does that change anything for you?
it might actually. But i need to know who got the pass?

Not to be super cynical but I am as I know rules will bend and change for big money fights and fighters when a lot of cash is on the line...

This would not have happened for a less big name fighter in a smaller money fight...

04c3396fff31ef5830fe06a9081d5aed_crop_exact.png

And lets not just focus on this fight being allowed to go forward and not cancelled for Anderson and Nick but also the green highlighted within it....

Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz Fail Drug Test before Big Fight

...Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White has yet another big drug scandal on his hands. This is the second straight major event for the UFC overshadowed by drug controversy after Jon Jones, MMA’s undisputed pound-for-pound king, tested positive for cocaine prior to his win over Daniel Cormier at UFC 182

----------------

Jones is the biggest name (outside Conor) in the sport and someone who the UFC could really get around and push as the best fighter this world has ever known and his entire career was about to be finished with another negative test. The financial incentive on the UFC to find a way to keep him in the game was immense. And a life long 'pulsing' pass just does look too convenient to me. But if it was a norm prior to Jones then it may well soften my stance on him.

it might actually. But i need to know who got the pass?

Not to be super cynical but I am as I know rules will bend and change for big money fights and fighters when a lot of cash is on the line...

This would not have happened for a less big name fighter in a smaller money fight...

04c3396fff31ef5830fe06a9081d5aed_crop_exact.png

And lets not just focus on this fight being allowed to go forward and not cancelled for Anderson and Nick but also the green highlighted within it....

Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz Fail Drug Test before Big Fight

...Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White has yet another big drug scandal on his hands. This is the second straight major event for the UFC overshadowed by drug controversy after Jon Jones, MMA’s undisputed pound-for-pound king, tested positive for cocaine prior to his win over Daniel Cormier at UFC 182

----------------

Jones is the biggest name (outside Conor) in the sport and someone who the UFC could really get around and push as the best fighter this world has ever known and his entire career was about to be finished with another negative test. The financial incentive on the UFC to find a way to keep him in the game was immense. And a life long 'pulsing' pass just does look too convenient to me. But if it was a norm prior to Jones then it may well soften my stance on him.
Lol. You’re now changing your question from has anyone else gotten a pass to pulse to was it the norm prior to jones???

the financial incentive for usada and smrtl (wada lab) was not “immense”. More downside than upside.

Back