Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva (in his prime)

Jon Jones is undefeated fighter and Silva is not in his weight class. Jones wins easy

'oh no, he too big, he my friend'

Anderson wanted no part of Jones. He wanted GSP.

We had this conversation in 2012 and 2013 already. AS himself has acknowledged the answer.

Jones is basically a larger AS dominating larger people. AS is smarter and more technical and has more punching power. AS's advantages wouldn't do him any good though. AS's biggest strengths during his career were size and people being afraid of him(contrast decision Sonnen knocking AS down to brutal strikers like Rich and Vitor who got caught standing still) cause those things gave him space to hit his opponent, be creative and use that head of his.

Safe to say with Jones neither of these crucial things AS relied on during his career would be around. Jones is larger and Jones thinks he's the GOAT, and even if he doesn't likely goes on to fights on coke which removes doubts in people's minds. To put in perspective, Machida was probably a better version of AS, AS said Machida was better as well. Jones almost killed Machida(fact Machida won the first round probably contributed to that).

Jones is larger, Jones is more likely to catch prime AS when AS's standing there thinking of something to do, cause AS's spends a lot of time standing around around thinking of things to do. Guys AS fought mostly couldn't do shit about that. Jones would annihilate him.

Per the power, we already know heavy hands aren't enough to defeat Jones because Jones has beaten countless highlight reel KO artists. Heaviest knee that ever hit Jones ALMOST NEVER even gets mentioned, dude has a chin of steel that's so good people don't even know he has it. AS again got knocked down by Chael Sonnen, dude's chin wasn't so great it just didn't get tested all too often because of the advantages mentioned before. I contend same is true of Chuck, dude was fighting in his mid 30's and Dana's like "Chucks chin isn't what it used to be", Chuck spent his mid to late 30's fighting wrestlers like Randy, Babalu and Tito, how the fuck would someone know if Chuck's chin gave out? Same with AS, after Hendo he mostly was able to avoid guys who could hurt him(except Vitor who acted terrified of him in the Octagon). Jones don't got heavy hands but he has a lot more ways to hurt AS than Chael did. Chael wasn't afraid of AS and he was able to like break records for how many strikes he landed. Jones might not have power but if Jones hits prime AS 200 times he's out of there.

Last edited:
Rich Franklin.
That's a terrible example and it's also the best example of showing anderson can't lead. He was very hittable and getting tagged left and right by rich franklin in the second fight. And the only reason why silva was more aggressive in that fight is because Rich doesn't know how to defend muay thai headlock. So that's why he wants to put rich in the Muay Thai clinch.

Jones by murder. There’s a reason why Anderson ducked him so hard

That's a terrible example and it's also the best example of showing anderson can't lead. He was very hittable and getting tagged left and right by rich franklin in the second fight. And the only reason why silva was more aggressive in that fight is because Rich doesn't know how to defend muay thai headlock. So that's why he wants to put rich in the Muay Thai clinch.

Man, this isnt going to go anywhere.
You can have your opinion bud. Nice talk.

Silva finds him.

Bones beats any version of Anderson. In Andy's prime I would predict a UD for Jones.

Is this the birth of r4r - roid 4 roid ?

Depends on the batch I guess.

Probably Jones cause of the wrestling.

There's not ONE sane person on this planet who wouldn't bet on Jones if their life depended on it. Unless they were suicidal (can you be suicidal and considered sane, just thought of that)

... would be another time Jon facing a MW.

How does Anderson deal with that reach?

How does Anderson deal with jones calf kicks? or his other unorthodox kicks?

Anderson gets his ass beat in all areas

This is how he deals with kicks from a WEC HW two time champion:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Dead in 60 seconds

I doubt many would agree, but Silva matched up well with him in all areas cept wrestling. Jones uses his length to sneak in his strikes but I think prime Andy is going to see them coming and counter. And it is no secret that if Anderson is countering he will likely put your lights out. That said, no one knows how Jones chin is. But it seems pretty good. People talk about GSP Silva all the time but I really think Silva Jones was always the real superfight to make.

And I am one of those guys that thought the first Chael fight went exactly the way Silva wanted it to. Watch the fight. Silva knew he was going to win the whole time. You can see it in between rounds. That hail mary choke was there the whole damn fight. Ya think he didn't try it before because he forgot BJJ and just remembered it the last round??

And I am one of those guys that thought the first Chael fight went exactly the way Silva wanted it to. Watch the fight. Silva knew he was going to win the whole time. You can see it in between rounds. That hail mary choke was there the whole damn fight. Ya think he didn't try it before because he forgot BJJ and just remembered it the last round??
Lol

So he let himself get brain damage for 4.5 rounds because he was certain he was going to get a triangle in the last 2 minutes of the fight?

And no, he's not beating Jones. Jones would've had his way with Anderson on the ground; there's a reason why Anderson wanted no part of that matchup.

The oblique kick would keep Silva at bay. Would be an entertaining fight but I give him a 20 percent chance. Since they both would be on peds I see Jones using his fight IQ to take him down. There was a reason Silva wanted to be friends.

I want to see Jones vs Ngannou

Back