Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic : GOAT VS GOAT

At the end of 2021, in the Madison Square Garden for the fight of all times ( unfortunately not in ppv ) !

Who will win ?

For me, i pick on Stipe

True Heavyweight, Ko power, big heart and courage, mental of champion, high level boxer, same size of Jon Jones !
I thing Jones will suffer his first KO
Jon Jones will finish him.

This will be an epic fight, and both fighters know how to dig deep when they need to, but I have to go with Stipe on this one.

He's a true heavyweight who is elite literally everywhere (minus Jiu-jitsu, but his elite wrestling makes this negligible), and Jones has never fought at HW. Furthermore, Stipe has a special level of grit and determination that even Jones doesn't have, and Jones really hasn't looked dominant for quite a while now (clearly lost to Reyes, and looked less than stellar vs Santos and Smith).

I'd actually be confident in saying Stipe would TKO Jones if he comes in the same shape as he did against DC in their second fight, although there is always the possibility that he is slowing down now due to age.

I'll say Stipe by UD, and he'll further solidify the claim that he is the HW GOAT.
I guess you missed Gus 1 or Jon with a hyper extended arm dominating Vitor, or both the cormier fights, Jon is a million times tougher than stipe haven't seen him give up or quit in that cage once and he never lets up.

We have seen stipe take out all these chiney and green heavyweights with no gas tank but let's see how he does against the light heavyweight GOAT

And i literally can't tell what you saw that could be described that way. Especially since Stipe threw and landed more strikes than the "fat 42-year old" (who by the way isn't 42 yet, but you don't strike me as someone who lets facts get in their way of a post anyway).

Dude wall n stalled the last 3 rounds of the fight lol fuckouttahere

goat vs goat lol don't even try it stipe isn't any kind of goat he has 3 tittle defenses, try 9 consecutive defesnses against a line up of the most dangerous fighters to ever fight and then 15 consecutive title fights all of which are wins 16 including the second dc fight

And i literally can't tell what you saw that could be described that way. Especially since Stipe threw and landed more strikes than the "fat 42-year old" (who by the way isn't 42 yet, but you don't strike me as someone who lets facts get in their way of a post anyway).
Stipe looked like shit in that fight and so did dc who probably would have boxed stipes head off had stipe not drove his finger through dcs skull.

Stipe looked like shit in that fight and so did dc who probably would have boxed stipes head off had stipe not drove his finger through dcs skull.

It's impressive that you manage to say so much and yet not one word comes near to "Dude literally ran from a fat 42 year old for like 3 rounds" like you claimed originally. Almost as impressive as maintaining DC probably would have boxed Stipe's head off if he hadn't been eyepoked...at the end of the third round. I guess it takes DC 15 minutes to muster up the energy for that kind of pugilistic onslaught?

At least I can be sure now that it wasn't you misinterpreting something weirdly, but just throwing whatever mud you can at the wall to see what sticks. So I don't need to debate this with you further.

LHW GOAT vs HW journeyman. Both seem to be a bit past their prime. Could be interesting but Jones should take it quite handily.
If Stipe is a journeyman than what category does every other heavyweight fall under? Really makes no sense whatsoever. I suggest you look up the definition.

Neither guy is the goat though

It's impressive that you manage to say so much and yet not one word comes near to "Dude literally ran from a fat 42 year old for like 3 rounds" like you claimed originally. Almost as impressive as maintaining DC probably would have boxed Stipe's head off if he hadn't been eyepoked...at the end of the third round. I guess it takes DC 15 minutes to muster up the energy for that kind of pugilistic onslaught?

At least I can be sure now that it wasn't you misinterpreting something weirdly, but just throwing whatever mud you can at the wall to see what sticks. So I don't need to debate this with you further.
First off BETA I never called dc a fat anything dont put words in my mouth. I simply said it was the worst dc we ever scene and I also said it was the worst stipe, yes stipe cannot beat dc in the boxing category he fought a shit fight holding onto dc and had to take vision from one of his eyes just to stop dc from gaining any momentum yes DC would have out boxed dc out wrestled him because he is the more skilled fighter and stipe had to hold on to dc for deer life to avoid getting dominated like their second fight or even worse knocked out like their original fight.

By the time it happens Stipe will probably be 40, Stipe has good power and finishes guys but I wouldn't say he has devistating one punch power I also don't think his wrestling is great enough to overwhelm Jones, I honestly give Jones a good shot in this fight I think he could use his range and kicks well to confuse Stipe but who knows, with Jones gaining an extra 30-40 of mass for HW he could gas after a few rounds which is one of his biggest assets, either way I don't see either guy destroying the other would be a close decision.

First off BETA I never called dc a fat anything dont put words in my mouth. I simply said it was the worst dc we ever scene and I also said it was the worst stipe, yes stipe cannot beat dc in the boxing category he fought a shit fight holding onto dc and had to take vision from one of his eyes just to stop dc from gaining any momentum yes DC would have out boxed dc out wrestled him because he is the more skilled fighter and stipe had to hold on to dc for deer life to avoid getting dominated like their second fight or even worse knocked out like their original fight.

Ah. I see what the issue is. For some reason you chose to comment on my question to another poster. My apologies, it's too easy to confuse idiots with one another. Though to be charitable maybe you just have memory issues...you seem to forget that DC would have been finished at the end of round two—before the eyepoke, before the clinchwork—if he hadn't been saved by the bell. So much for Stipe being incapable of outboxing DC, if you needed any more proof after Stipe finished off DC solely with punches in the second fight.

Dude wall n stalled the last 3 rounds of the fight lol fuckouttahere

Wall-and-stalling is pretty much the opposite of running. Running is rapidly moving AWAY from your opponent. Wall-and-stalling involves pushing your body TOWARDS your opponent. Surely you can understand my puzzlement over your initial choice of wording. I bet you get your left and your right confused too.

Anyway, I think wall-and-stalling is less of a copout when you're doing it to somebody who's famed for his clinchwork, and who in fact KO'd you out of the clinch. Beating DC in his wheelhouse is an achievement, not a stigma.

People underestimate how good Jon Jones is at winning decisions.

I’ve been saying this for years, but the thing about Jones that makes him toughest to beat is his willingness to fight a boring fight.

It's a lot harder for a challenger to win a decision. If Jones had not been the champion in his last fight. I doubt the judges would have given him the win. Perhaps in a couple of other fights as well.

Back