Media Jose Aldo soccer kicks a dude unconscious in his fourth pro fight

He's the best with them. Soccer kicks are kind of necessary to not give the grappling style every advantage. To balance out the Colby style.

It's why a lot of guys in Pride went for clinch trips. They make the sport more tactical and more realistic. Fail a shot and get the boot. Otherwise can just shoot 10 times without getting punished for them. Or butt scoot. Or play the knee to ground game. Soccer kicks/stomps change a lot of things, pretty much all for the better.
you need balance especially a hybrid
combat sport like MMA.

I don't see a difference taking damage for example like luke rockhold beatdown to chris weidman 1
It's a fight, I don't have a problem with punches being thrown but when stomped on when you are down, that could have serious repercussions.

why not pfl rules they have no elbows plus unified rules. Or do you want RINGS where their were no head shot in the ground.
The refs working on the regional circuit are so much worse than the guys who typically work UFC and Bellator shows. After seeing dozens of clips like this with botched officiating, it's amazing that there haven't been more deaths in this sport.
It's a fight, I don't have a problem with punches being thrown but when stomped on when you are down, that could have serious repercussions.
you obviously neglect how badly chris was hurt and damage from that fight.

you obviously neglect how badly chris was hurt and damage from that fight.
So we agree he was badly hurt right? That was just from Luke's fists and that was enough. That's why we don't need soccer kicks and stomps.

Lethal?

+
punches

tenor.gif

Hair Still looks good

1505337515-frank-vincent1.jpg

So we agree he was badly hurt right? That was just from Luke's fists and that was enough. That's why we don't need soccer kicks and stomps.

You realize it took more hits cause damage from fist. Far worse accumulated damage than being finish earlier is far worse. Look at lighter weight classes in boxing they may not critically get knocked out. The valume punches to the head is damaging to the fighter health. Plus kicks knees up-kicks stomps are it's still allowed in mma what you talking about.

Last edited:
You realize it took more hits cause damage from fist. Far worse accumulated damage than being finish earlier is far worse. Look at lighter weight classes in boxing they may not critically get knocked out. The valume punches to the head is damaging to the fighter health. Plus kicks knees up-kicks stomps are it's still allowed in mma what you talking about.
It's a matter of opinion at this point. I've seen Chris take much harder shots than the ones he took against Luke and think, you are saying up-kick stomps. I never once brought up upkicks. I said SOCCER kicks and STOMPS.

It's a matter of opinion at this point. I've seen Chris take much harder shots than the ones he took against Luke and think, you are saying up-kick stomps. I never once brought up upkicks. I said SOCCER kicks and STOMPS.
Up-kick are considered grounded strikes when both are in their knees.

MMA is the sport on that list that can continue standing (striking) or stay on the ground (grappling) or both including back and forth. So the opportunity for downed kicks, knees stomps exists because of what makes mma different from the other combat sport.

Beautiful, I miss the sport so much. its changed beyond belief

A good example why soccer kicks and stomps should remain banned. It doesn't take skill to nearly kill a man that way.
I don't really care if it takes skills to throw something or not, if it's effective it's effective. It's fighting.
But obviously soccer kicks will never be accepted by mainstream and thus UFC will never allow then again.

I do hope they allow upkicks at least to a grounded opponent.

Kicks to a grounded opponent are banned because public doesn't like them and it looks too brutal/unfair. Aldo kicked him to the back of the head couple of times too, showing how unreliable kicks are for safety.

Up-kick are considered grounded strikes when both are in their knees.

MMA is the sport on that list that can continue standing (striking) or stay on the ground (grappling) or both including back and forth. So the opportunity for downed kicks, knees stomps exists because of what makes mma different from the other combat sport.
Again, I was never talking about upkicks.

I don't really care if it takes skills to throw something or not, if it's effective it's effective. It's fighting.
But obviously soccer kicks will never be accepted by mainstream and thus UFC will never allow then again.

Of course it's effective and it is fighting. Doesn't mean someone needs to be potentially killed.

That's like saying an overhand right doesn't take skill because any bar brawler can throw one
there is a MASSIVE difference in throwing an overhand right to a guy who is standing up and able to defend himself vs stomping on a mans head full force while he is on the ground

Do agree needs to be balance it's been nerf enough In american mma.

A good example why soccer kicks and stomps should remain banned. It doesn't take skill to nearly kill a man that way.
Dumb logic. Honestly punching a guy when he’s down can be seen as unskilled too. Hammer fists take skill? I can see a gorilla hammerfist another gorilla before i see him throw a soccer kick.

Back