Media Jose Aldo soccer kicks a dude unconscious in his fourth pro fight

Reminder that some fighters are in their prime very young.
Dude was a freak for decades.

I wonder if going into a fight, knowing that soccer kicks are legal is an entirely different feeling.

Like legit fighting for your life?? Or is there already a high enough sense of danger with UFC rules.

Dumb logic. Honestly punching a guy when he’s down can be seen as unskilled too. Hammer fists take skill? I can see a gorilla hammerfist another gorilla before i see him throw a soccer kick.
Too bad for you I'm not talking about gorillas. Maybe watch national geographic if you want to watch gorilla fights instead.

Too bad for you I'm not talking about gorillas. Maybe watch national geographic if you want to watch gorilla fights instead.
What im trying to say is why do people say that soccer kicks take no skill, as if punching/hammerfisting someone is so much more skillful.

If you think there is no reason to ban soccer kick, why should you not allow..

-hair pulling
-eye gauging?
-groint shots?
-strike back of the head?

Nut shots, biting and eye rakes. That is all you need to eliminate to make it a sport rather than savagery.

Nut shots, biting and eye rakes. That is all you need to eliminate to make it a sport rather than savagery.
I think most people don't really like extreme violence to be honest. MMA is pretty popular cause it's savage level is watchable for relatively many people. If you let two Heavyweights in a cage and allow them to knee in the back of the head and spine, soccer kick, pull hair etc, I would stop watching. I like mma for being violent, but mostly skilled based.

Also, there is no way the UFC will loosen the rules with potential lawsuits in mind.

A good example why soccer kicks and stomps should remain banned. It doesn't take skill to nearly kill a man that way.
A Good example of why they should be perfectly legal, if you wanna crouch you need to be ready to take the heat, pure fighting.

What im trying to say is why do people say that soccer kicks take no skill, as if punching/hammerfisting someone is so much more skillful.
Punching someone does take skill, it's also less effective of breaking a neck.

A Good example of why they should be perfectly legal, if you wanna crouch you need to be ready to take the heat, pure fighting.
Pure fighting is a Kimbo/Dada 5000 fight, I want to see mixed martial arts used to their fullest capabilities and that doesn't require stomping someone else's face in. I'm all for knees being legal if the opponent is grounded or not but the other shit is banned and for good reason.

I think most people don't really like extreme violence to be honest. MMA is pretty popular cause it's savage level is watchable for relatively many people. If you let two Heavyweights in a cage and allow them to knee in the back of the head and spine, soccer kick, pull hair etc, I would stop watching. I like mma for being violent, but mostly skilled based.

Also, there is no way the UFC will loosen the rules with potential lawsuits in mind.

Yeah, people are squeamish about weird shit. For me, seeing Weidman break his leg - it had me at the same level of horror as watching a squirrel or some other animal get flattened by a car (not Canada geese, they can go fuck themselves). But I have no problem seeing soccer kicks, headbutts, etc. between consenting adults. I want to see the best fight the best with the least amount of restrictions possible. Make it so only professionals can fight Vale Tudo style as to limit the risk of sloppy refereeing in the amateurs letting fights go too long. I'd be OK with that. 'UFC Hardcore' only for those fighters that want to test themselves. Open weight champ only. Purchase as an add on to UFC 300 for only $15! Buy now - what are you, scared?

Pure fighting is a Kimbo/Dada 5000 fight, I want to see mixed martial arts used to their fullest capabilities and that doesn't require stomping someone else's face in. I'm all for knees being legal if the opponent is grounded or not but the other shit is banned and for good reason.
fuck what you want to see, go watch WWE. soccer kicks are pure fighting technique

fuck what you want to see, go watch WWE. soccer kicks are pure fighting technique
Now you are upset cause someone has an opinion different from yours. Typical Sherdog.

That first knee was fucking insane

That's like saying an overhand right doesn't take skill because any bar brawler can throw one
It's quite the opposite, actually, since he's pointing out someone who doesn't have precision and skill can kill or nearly kill someone with a soccer kick, without it being a thing of luck or fluke.

miss-the-point.png

Back