Media Jose Augusto reacts to his KO loss to Anthony Johnson last night at Bellator 258

I’d honestly never seen him fight until last night. Color me impressed. Not only did he show how tough he was but he is quite skilled too. His striking looked pretty clean and he’s with a good camp. He could really turn into a stand out. Bellator’s LHW division has some potential.

I feel his stock only improved after last night. Dude is definitely a legitimate LHW. He didn’t get completely steamrolled and had some great moments in the fight. This is something to build off of. You’re only 29 get back into the gym and keep working.

He looked very solid and skilled, much better than most of rumbles ufc victims who were punching bags.

Very fun scrap. Major props to both for delivering.

Guy has the heart of a lion, and one hell of a left hook.

No shame in that performance. He needs a top 10 guy next. While I'd rather Machida just retire he's #5 in the rankings and if he's still going to fight he needs to defend that spot. Augusto/Machida would make sense in that way.

No shame in that performance. He needs a top 10 guy next. While I'd rather Machida just retire he's #5 in the rankings and if he's still going to fight he needs to defend that spot. Augusto/Machida would make sense in that way.
Thats another good fight to make. With Rich Chou gonne, I hope they dont mess up the matchmaking, the division is wide open and you cant go wrong.

This must suck for Anglickas, he passed up on the opportunity himself and Gugu is now ahead of him. This could have been him.

Thats another good fight to make. With Rich Chou gonne, I hope they dont mess up the matchmaking, the division is wide open and you cant go wrong.

This must suck for Anglickas, he passed up on the opportunity himself and Gugu is now ahead of him. This could have been him.
Matchmaking is the #2 problem Bellator has but they have been working on it majorly. 258 was very well match-made even after a bunch of pullouts and it lead to a great night of fights. UFC brand loyalty is #1.

Matchmaking is the #2 problem Bellator has but they have been working on it majorly. 258 was very well match-made even after a bunch of pullouts and it lead to a great night of fights. UFC brand loyalty is #1.

I don't think there's anything they can do about that though. They already did the smartest thing they could do which was move to Fridays, beyond that it's on them to build their product.

I don't think there's anything they can do about that though. They already did the smartest thing they could do which was move to Fridays, beyond that it's on them to build their product.
Yeah it's on them to build their product at this point. Coker seems to believe in the idea that if you build it they will come but that isn't necessarily true in this industry.

Yeah it's on them to build their product at this point. Coker seems to believe in the idea that if you build it they will come but that isn't necessarily true in this industry.

I think the key is to stop trying to be a competitor to the UFC and try to be something people watch as well as the UFC.

Augusto is the man!

He broke his hand in the first round and still traded punches with the scariest striker at LHW and almost finished him. We knew he had balls of steel just by accepting a short notice fight with Rumble

Imagine breaking your hand and Rumble comes at you throwing bombs. Everyone else would be scared shitless and panic wrestle, this guy didn't give a fuck.

Last edited:
Enjoyed watching him fight, hope his hand heals and they give him a good match next

I'd like to see a rematch or him matched up with someone else high ranked. He earned respect.

Albarracin is building himself a team specially when Henry comes back.

Pitbull, Henry, KZ, Costa, Augusto...

Bellator LHW is the best LHW division in MMA and was already a great division and def their best before this Augusto performance. Now it's even better than we realized and who knows what other talents they have. Coker is a great scout.

Hopefully this dude earned a lot of fans after that performance.

Also doesn't seem like he used the broken hand as an excuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back