Journey vs. Elton John

Cherry Brigand

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Which do you prefer?

Elton John has many great and classic songs, but upon consideration, I would say I'm not a fan. Only album of his I owned was his greatest hits 76 to 86 and it pretty much had 3 good songs. He has had the longer career obviously, but Journey just crushes him, IMO.

Journey's Greatest Hits, however, is epic pillar to post. True it encompasses their whole prime...As a kid they were definitely one of my favorite bands. I even took piano solely to learn to play Faithfully.

Of course I'm talking only Journey with Steve Perry as the frontman... What a voice.

Thoughts?

I guess Elton John but they both are kinda...girly.

Big fan of both, but I give the edge to Journey. Steve Perry has such an amazing voice.

Being in the stadium during game 2 of the SF Giants first ever World Series title run, singing along to Lights with Steve Perry, is one of the all time greatest moments of my sports fan career
Journey wins this one easy

Love them both but Elton John takes the cake for me...

Journey, I've seen them in concert twice and they were great. Elton John is great too though.

Elton takes it in the butt, so tie.

Elton had 3 good songs???

What?

Elton John has released a lot of bangers over the years, I can think of maybe 3 - 5 Journey songs that I'd actively listen to.

Same. Was hoping to see him on his farewell tour .

Being in the stadium during game 2 of the SF Giants first ever World Series title run, singing along to Lights with Steve Perry, is one of the all time greatest moments of my sports fan career
Journey wins this one easy

Is that your vid? Awesome.

Hmmms I'll go with Legacy outta the 2 so Elton. Seen both live a few times. Journey was big when I was a teen.

I like both. Growing up and quite young Journey was more popular with me and my friends. Then later I moved, got new friends and we were listening more to keyboard music, and so I took more of a liking to Elton John.

Back