Journey vs. Elton John

Elton John

Journey has a decent Greatest Hits album with a handful of good songs on it, but Elton John has some great albums and countless hit songs.

Elton John hands down. Journey were ok when they rocked, then they got all ballady. Madman Across The Water is still one of my favorite albums of all time.

I'm talking early Elton, I have no idea how his newer stuff is.

Elton John has released a lot of bangers over the years, I can think of maybe 3 - 5 Journey songs that I'd actively listen to.

I like Journey, but I can't see how people can objectively pick them over Elton John. If you had to live on an Island for the rest of your life and could only choose between the two you would have to pick Elton John given the number of strong albums and hit songs. The album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road has more listenable songs than Journey's entire greats hits album. If you don't mind listening to the same 5 songs over and over again, then picking Journey would make sense.

Elton takes it in the butt, so tie.

I didn't know he was in the Mayberry!

I'll go Elton, my dad always loved him and I didn't mind him. Saw him in concert last Jan, it got called off due to torrential rain but he tried to soldier on during the downpour, he eventually got whisked off stage, true professional.

Elton John hands down. Journey were ok when they rocked, then they got all ballady. Madman Across The Water is still one of my favorite albums of all time.

I'm talking early Elton, I have no idea how his newer stuff is.

I think his last really strong album was 2001's Songs from the West Coast.

I’ll go with Journey, but one of my all time favorites was Elton’s Brown Dirt Cowboy album. If the younger folks on here haven’t heard it, it should be required listening.

Which band had more impact...Queen or Limp Bizkit?

Lol

Reactions: Cid
I love them both, but I think I'm more of a fan of Elton John. The magic between him and Bernie is something special.

I love them both, but I think I'm more of a fan of Elton John. The magic between him and Bernie is something special.
One of the most influential gay couples of all time.

Elton is a legend. In my opinion, his best songs are better than Journey’s best (as much as I like Journey) and he’s just had far more longevity and impressive output over the years.

I will say Perry is one of the most iconic frontman ever due to that really great, distinctive voice.

Which band had more impact...Queen or Limp Bizkit?

Lol

Hmm... A Night at the Opera is a good album, but when compared to the aptly titled: Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water... It's really no contest imo

shutterstock_editorial_315393n.jpg

Come on, Elton, it’s not even close..
CC929795-3071-4C83-A32A-03CBB0EAF9EA.jpeg

Elton John has released a lot of bangers over the years, I can think of maybe 3 - 5 Journey songs that I'd actively listen to.
Same. Elton John is like Billy Joel - hours upon hours of hits and solid deep tracks. Journey have a few amazing songs but are a step below pound-for-pound.

Back