Juicer or Blender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moopsiepuffs**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Beginner and probably stupid question but when making a smoothie or fresh juice is there a big difference between a juicer, blender or smoothie maker?

Beginner and probably stupid question but when making a smoothie or fresh juice is there a big difference between a juicer, blender or smoothie maker?

I use a juicer sometimes and a blender when im being lazy.

we're not supposed to talk about juicing on here.

A juicer removes the pulp from the juice, while a blender does not, which is why I prefer the blender.

A smoothie maker is just a blender with a tap on it most of the time.

Juicers come in masticating and centrifugal variations. The masticating ones are more expensive and slower but the juice they make keeps for longer because the fruits and vegetables aren't exposed to as much oxygen. The centrifugal type is cheaper but you have to drink the juice pretty much straight away.

A good old fashioned stick blender works just fine IMO. If you don't like the pulp you could always use a cheesecloth to filter it out.

Juicer takes away most of the pulp of the fruit where all the fiber is...basically it just makes sugar water with a slight amount of vitamins in it.

Thanks guys, I think I will get a blender capable of crushing ice and make some smoothies!

how about growing some testicles and eating food whole?

Pussyfaice has a point.

Fiber is lost with a juicer.

Why are you people being such assholes and can't give a one sentence answer?

Hi Moopsiepuffs,
To make smoothie or fresh juice I prefer blender.
To make protein shakes I use juicer as it takes away most of the pulp of fruit.
san antonio personal trainer

Last edited:
Hello.
Just fired up and used our new Omega VRT350HD, vertical, slow juicer.
It is amazing how much better this product is than every centrifugal juicer out there. We have a J.LaLanne juicer and quit juicing because of the waste. We have also been led to believe that the heat and ion exchange, or something like that, caused by centrifugal juicing, causes the degradation of the nutrients.
The Omega is quiet and seems to be very efficient, the castings being pretty dry.
We wanted the Norwalk juicer but at $2500 plus Kalifornia tax, it was out of our league.
I found the Omega online and even with tax, it was just over $400.
Money well spent. So far at least.
Because the juice doesn't get all beat up like in centrifugal juicers, you are supposed to be able to store juice in the 'fridge for 72 hours!

Pretty happy with the initial exposure to this product!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back