June 26th Tank Davis vs Mario Barrios PBC Showtime PPV

You gotta have a low IQ if you really thought that fight was about to happen.

Ha ha, you got me there! I know there's a lot of politics involved but Garcia sure had me convinced, even called him during Tyson's podcast, not sure what he had to gain about teasing that one.

Ha ha, you got me there! I know there's a lot of politics involved but Garcia sure had me convinced, even called him during Tyson's podcast, not sure what he had to gain about teasing that one.
It's all just clout chasing hype. They still gotta marinate this fight for 5-10 years.

It's all just clout chasing hype. They still gotta marinate this fight for 5-10 years.

It's not Pac v Mayweather sort of thing though is it? Anyway if you're right that shits me, I love both sports but at least in MMA these fights will usually happen.

It's not Pac v Mayweather sort of thing though is it? Anyway if you're right that shits me, I love both sports but at least in MMA these fights will usually happen.

The Pac/Mayweather saga largely happened (lol, among other reasons of course, and let's hope mentioning them doesn't derail the thread) because both Mayweather and Pac were already established hall of famers and international superstars who could sell 1 million+ PPVs a fight without having to fight each other. None of these guys have come close to meaningfully established themselves either in terms of resume or selling power (and only one is even 25 yet and he has much bigger issues than just not fighting the right opponents). The fact they can't dream of making 10s of millions and being some of the most recognizable athletes on earth without fighting each other makes at least some of these matchups much more likely to happen. The fact Bob might be involved with none of them soon also bodes well.

I hope the current crop of 135 pounders aren't just too focused on their precious unpopped cherries to fight one another. Not everybody can be Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Great fight. Almost half a foot taller and a young hungry fighter. Barrios doesn't have a big name, yet he has been featured a lot on PBC PPV undercards and it will be a super easy fight to make.

This is a risky fight for Tank as he's giving up a ton of reach and size to a true 140 pounder.

If you've seen Barrios fight before you know he's vicious.

I wouldn't be surprised if "The Four Kings" never fight, and i don't think Haney, Tank or Garcia will touch Loma either.
“Four king”....
lets not go overboard. More like four district managers of your choice of patty slangger joingt

“Four king”....
lets not go overboard. More like four district managers of your choice of patty slangger joingt

Oh i agree, that's just what they're being called unfortunately. It's a reference to the Four Kings of the past, which they aren't even remotely close to.

Why 140? Tank has no business at 140.

I wouldn't be surprised if "The Four Kings" never fight, and i don't think Haney, Tank or Garcia will touch Loma either.
I think most will fight Lomachenko, he's about to become a stepping stone.

Great fight. Almost half a foot taller and a young hungry fighter. Barrios doesn't have a big name, yet he has been featured a lot on PBC PPV undercards and it will be a super easy fight to make.

This is a risky fight for Tank as he's giving up a ton of reach and size to a true 140 pounder.

If you've seen Barrios fight before you know he's vicious.

Barrios isn’t exactly special but he certainly means business. Tight defense, clean counters, decent 140-pounder power. Tank can’t eat two to land one against this dude.

Barrios isn’t exactly special but he certainly means business. Tight defense, clean counters, decent 140-pounder power. Tank can’t eat two to land one against this dude.

I agree. I'm expecting this to be a much tougher fight for Davis then most are expecting. I think he'll get dropped once

I agree. I'm expecting this to be a much tougher fight for Davis then most are expecting. I think he'll get dropped once

With Barrios's pop a fraction of what Santa Cruz landed on Tank would be hurtful, and while Barrios doesn't have LSC's combos and speed his size advantage on Davis is very significant. Gervonta would have to move his head well and fight a very disciplined fight, something he doesn't always do. Provided the fight happens I think Barrios can pull the upset.

With Barrios's pop a fraction of what Santa Cruz landed on Tank would be hurtful, and while Barrios doesn't have LSC's combos and speed his size advantage on Davis is very significant. Provided the fight happens I think he can pull the upset. Gervonta will have to move his head well and fight a very disciplined fight, something he doesn't always do.

I think Davis is in love with himself too much to fight disciplined against Barrios (who I think he'll underestimate). If I was in Barrios's corner I'd be telling him to look for the check hook all day. It will definitely be there.

That said I'm a tad skeptical about the fight even happening unless Barrios takes short money as Davis thinks he's Floyd

I think Davis is in love with himself too much to fight disciplined against Barrios (who I think he'll underestimate). If I was in Barrios's corner I'd be telling him to look for the check hook all day. It will definitely be there.

That said I'm a tad skeptical about the fight even happening unless Barrios takes short money as Davis thinks he's Floyd

To me the version of Tank that stinked the joint against Fonseca gets beaten up. Badly. We'll see how his people handle him. This is a dangerous fight if he shows up with no focus and gameplan. If he does I guess he wears Barrios down to the body and lands enough uppercuts to win, but he has to work for it.

If this fight happens, and if Tank wins (that's two big ifs), it's 100% his biggest win and can propel him into even bigger fights. I just don't see him winning and even more so i don't see the reason this fight is even on the table to begin with when there's much bigger and better fights in his current division.

I think most will fight Lomachenko, he's about to become a stepping stone.
i hope you're right and one of them grows a pair now that he lost for the second time.

when he makes the first one of them look like a fool, we'll be hearing about them never being any good in the first place.

Why 140? Tank has no business at 140.
balloons up between fights and doesn't want to cut weight unless its for a big fight. Yeah his last fight was at 130, and he made weight, but they also put his 135lb secondary title on the line incase he didn't make weight.

Back