June 26th Tank Davis vs Mario Barrios PBC Showtime PPV

Great fight. Almost half a foot taller and a young hungry fighter. Barrios doesn't have a big name, yet he has been featured a lot on PBC PPV undercards and it will be a super easy fight to make.

This is a risky fight for Tank as he's giving up a ton of reach and size to a true 140 pounder.

If you've seen Barrios fight before you know he's vicious.

I just... I know I've made this joke before but Davis's last four fights, 75% of them were against guys who fought at bantamweight. A dude who probably walks around at like ten & a half/eleven stone, mind.

& all of a sudden he's going to fight a legit light-welter?! I will believe it when I see it.

To me the version of Tank that stinked the joint against Fonseca gets beaten up. Badly. We'll see how his people handle him. This is a dangerous fight if he shows up with no focus and gameplan. If he does I guess he wears Barrios down to the body and lands enough uppercuts to win, but he has to work for it.

Completely agree

If this fight happens, and if Tank wins (that's two big ifs), it's 100% his biggest win and can propel him into even bigger fights. I just don't see him winning and even more so i don't see the reason this fight is even on the table to begin with when there's much bigger and better fights in his current division.

Barrios is represented by Ellerbe and is on the PBC stable. He has also been on tons of PBC PPV undercards. It’s an extremely easy fight to make from a negotiating standpoint and there is no street at all to cross.

I just... I know I've made this joke before but Davis's last four fights, 75% of them were against guys who fought at bantamweight. A dude who probably walks around at like ten & a half/eleven stone, mind.

& all of a sudden he's going to fight a legit light-welter?! I will believe it when I see it.

Davis is a tiny tiny man if you’ve ever seen him in person.

Leo was towering over him. I hate these excuses.

Davis is a tiny tiny man if you’ve ever seen him in person.

Leo was towering over him. I hate these excuses.

Ah good, another dude unable to get their head around the fact that mass is separate from height.

Ah good, another dude unable to get their head around the fact that mass is separate from height.

Yeah i was going to reply the same and thought why bother. LSC should not have been in there with Tank.

of course he decided to fight at 140. If he stays at 135 he is getting a L.

Although i'd prefer Tank fight Teo, Haney, Loma and Garcia, it's not any easier at 140 with the size advantage the guys will have over him. Guys like Taylor, Prograis and Ramirez could give Tank nightmares.

of course, so what better time to agree to a dangerous fight?

he'll pull out and fight some 126er at 147 in 10 months.

I hope you're wrong but i think you're probably right.

I really hope we get Tank vs Barrios.
but is barrios really a threat?

i mean he's obviously tall and lanky, and he's shown some power... but from what i've seen of him he gets hit plenty and he loops a lot of his shots. i could see him bothering tank for a while and then gervonta gets inside and hurts him.

but is barrios really a threat?

i mean he's obviously tall and lanky, and he's shown some power... but from what i've seen of him he gets hit plenty and he loops a lot of his shots. i could see him bothering tank for a while and then gervonta gets inside and hurts him.

If Tank is focused he’ll get through this. If he isn’t - and this is Gervonta we’re talking about - he takes a beating IMO.

If Tank is focused he’ll get through this. If he isn’t - and this is Gervonta we’re talking about - he takes a beating IMO.
i'll take your word for it and hope he catches a beating, then. it's long overdue.

Back