Television JUPITER'S LEGACY on Netflix (Cancelled After One Season)

If you have seen the entire season of JUPITER'S LEGACY, how would you rate the season one?

• Total voters
Really like free first episode a lot

Netflix is also releasing another comic book show soon called Sweet Tooth. My guess is that Netflix will be making more and more of these alternative comicbook shows.

Idk wtf show some of you are watching. I’m 2 in and I think it’s fucking fantastic

Watched the first two. It’s decent enough, but not on the same level as The Boys or Invincible imo.

And it took me a while to realize where I recognized Sheldon/the Utopian from. He was soldier guy in several of the Transformer movies.

Watched the first two. It’s decent enough, but not on the same level as The Boys or Invincible imo.

And it took me a while to realize where I recognized Sheldon/the Utopian from. He was soldier guy in several of the Transformer movies.
all I could see was a bigger Johnny Knoxville

Finished it and it just gets progresively slower and leads nowhere. Final episode should be the 2nd one and from then on the story arc should take precedence. But as it is, we wait the whole season for a glimpse of origin, the only other story line about a supposed clone could fit on a paper napkin its so shallow and short. Everything else is just dull,generic uninspired drama for not reason but its own purpose.

I think it has too many underdeveloped ideas. The biggest ones for me.
-The island supposedly tests their ability to overcome adversity together, but we don't really see that until the final moment when they open the gate (I guess we get the brief moment where they link hands during the sandstorm, but that could be any six people). And upon receiving their powers, we're never given a compelling reason for why they have to function as a team. We get a brief Knights of the Round table moment followed by nada. Ultimately, we never get a glimpse of what made these six people good candidates to receive these powers together, and a couple of them aren't even fleshed out as individuals.

-This stems from the above, but why did everyone go along with Sheldon's code? Walter accuses him earlier of undeserved devotion, and the table scene seems like a perfect time to hash out a compromise that would have worked for everyone. I get that we wouldn't have the current conflict without that moment, but it feels like an excuse more than a natural progression of events that would have followed those six receiving their powers.

The show only has three interesting characters, and two of them are pretty well-worn archetypes: Chloe and Walter. I wish the show had been about Hutch. At least his character is the least obvious.

I'm about 4 or 5 episodes in and the dude with the transport stick is the only interesting character thus far. that and the flashback scene to the 20s have been ok

The father son/daughter dynamic is tiresome and the Chloe chick is the worst actor in the lot.

I'll finish the series but there is so much about this show that just isn't good. If it is renewed I won't rush to watch it.

the child actors at the beginning, his middle aged glued on beard. his old man gray extensions, the obvious fleshed out super suits, the terrible aging makeup, the daughters pathetic acting, the comical 'code' and their infighting about it, the lame fight with the cloned dude out in the middle of the farmland instead of in a major city, the list continues.

Had high hopes for this one. Started out great. It's just the ultra low production value ruins it for me after a while.

Watched the first episode and that no killing code is incredibly dumb. Law enforcement has been killing people without due process since forever even during the 20s. The Utopian's values aren't from an antiquated time, there from a time that never existed.

Last edited:
How come every netflix show looks like shit? I get that its free with tue subscription but that shouldnt mean that it has to look cheap af. Marco polo must have scared the shit out of them bc since then everything they put out looks like the budget ran out halfway through.

Watched episode one this morning.Not sure how I feel about it. It's not great, but it's not terrible either (at least so far). I was on the fence about it after the initial trailer, and to be honest I'd completely forgotten about it until last night when I saw this thread. After episode one, I'm still on the fence about it.

I'll give it a couple of more episodes to get a real feel for it.

I just watched the first episode. It was ok, shows some potential. The fake beards are distracting though.

Maybe 5 minutes in, main dude looks like cheap shit.

Was hoping it was just a thing relegated to the trailer.

Is this dude in white what you get when you order ‘Thor’ from Wish?

what is with this building they beat up robolady in? It was in Flash, the Boys, Falcon/Winter Soldier, and now this. Is it free to shoot film there?

Heeeey it’s the Agents office from Peggy Carter and the awful Penny Dreadful sequel show.

guess it’s free to film there too.

yeah i can’t watch this shit.

Last edited:
Watched the season

They're really trying to drag out the story. They've also included some weird elements to force plot points like the "we don't kill" stuff.

Back