Television JUPITER'S LEGACY on Netflix (Cancelled After One Season)

If you have seen the entire season of JUPITER'S LEGACY, how would you rate the season one?

• Total voters
A show that had so much promise n potential....... done for bargain basement production value. Does netflix just not give a shit anymore? What a fuckibg waste

Do they ever explain how people not related to the original six got their powers? Or was George like superhero Genghis Khan?

I watched the first three or four episodes late last night. And it seems like this is the Netflix attempt at grabbing the audience that watched Amazon's THE BOYS. Unfortunately, from what I've seen thus far, they failed to provide a show worthy of being compared to THE BOYS. I plan on finishing it even though it's pretty mediocre.

I’ve started fast forwarding through the flashback scenes. Not a good sign.

I hope Netflix makes the Plutonian next. That’d be proper response to Amazon’s invincible.

It's literally like a B movie about super heros stretched out in a series. production value is maybe leas than B movie standards. The effects are 1990s cinema level at best maybe 80s.

A great premise for a cool R rated hero series just penny pinched it to death.

I’ve started fast forwarding through the flashback scenes. Not a good sign.

I hope Netflix makes the Plutonian next. That’d be proper response to Amazon’s invincible.
the flashbacks my be the only redeeming quality of this show in spite of the fact Duhamel looks like Johnny Knoxville

I think it has too many underdeveloped ideas. The biggest ones for me.
-The island supposedly tests their ability to overcome adversity together, but we don't really see that until the final moment when they open the gate (I guess we get the brief moment where they link hands during the sandstorm, but that could be any six people). And upon receiving their powers, we're never given a compelling reason for why they have to function as a team. We get a brief Knights of the Round table moment followed by nada. Ultimately, we never get a glimpse of what made these six people good candidates to receive these powers together, and a couple of them aren't even fleshed out as individuals.

-This stems from the above, but why did everyone go along with Sheldon's code? Walter accuses him earlier of undeserved devotion, and the table scene seems like a perfect time to hash out a compromise that would have worked for everyone. I get that we wouldn't have the current conflict without that moment, but it feels like an excuse more than a natural progression of events that would have followed those six receiving their powers.

The show only has three interesting characters, and two of them are pretty well-worn archetypes: Chloe and Walter. I wish the show had been about Hutch. At least his character is the least obvious.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense why Sheldon's code is just accepted by everybody.
This is just something he made up, not something he had drilled into his head as a child from his father and grandfather. It's not passed down from generation to generation of heroes.
It's the dumbest thing in the show. The clone had already killed 2 heroes and was about to go nuclear and kill everyone else--if there was any time where a kill had to happen, that was the time.
They would literally all be dead otherwise.
This has to be one of the dumbest ways to explore the hero's dilemma of being against killing/doing bad to do good.

And yeah, there's nothing shown that explains why they all needed to be together. Their powers don't work that way. They didn't really do anything together on the island except not die, and not kill each other. It wasn't like they starved or went through some grueling training. It wasn't even 3 days.
And i loled and wtfed at the scene where the brother just breaks down and starts crying while they're all climbing a freakin mountain.

Episode 4. So far, this is like a mash-up of Lost and Man of Steel:rolleyes:

Also, Chloe is such an annoying bitch I was genuinely hoping the OD would be fatal, even though I know it won't be.

Most important question of the series thus far: what happened to the dog tied up outside the farm?! Shelden better have cut it loose after the farmer shot himself!:mad:

Someone needs to send the Utopian to law school to teach him a little something about what due process is and isn’t and when it applies, and basic legal concepts such as self-defence and defence of third parties.

Someone needs to send the Utopian to law school to teach him a little something about what due process is and isn’t and when it applies, and basic legal concepts such as self-defence and defence of third parties.

Exactly. Even civilians can use lethal force in their own or others defence if the situation is dire enough.

I agree he takes it to the absurd degree, but then again he does call himself The Utopian. Plus, his dad’s death probably plays a roll in it, too

I agree he takes it to the absurd degree, but then again he does call himself The Utopian. Plus, his dad’s death probably plays a roll in it, too

Good call. In episode 5, Sheldon talks to a Psychiatrist. The doc, who it's later revealed is an ex-Supervillain, tells Sheldon the Code is an attempt to limit the amount of death he has to confront. And a way to insure he's always in the thoughts of the other members of the Union, even during life and death situations. Both of these are Sheldon's attempts to rationalise his father's betrayal and suicide.

So that "wall" on the island let them through even though they clearly had shit with one another? They fooled it for a frew seconds and got super powers? Kind of weak.

From ep 1 on. It was evident who the real bad guy was also evident that George wasn't really a bad guy. They thought it was some big twist at the end it wasn't an that's why ending fell flat. Hopefully they boost the production value for season 2 . Also hope George is in the shows main time line season 2 as he's the most interesting on show.

I dont know about this one. I enjoyed it, but it felt like the execution wasnt great. Looks great at times and super cheap at other times. Especially after watching the Boys and Invincible, youre accustomed to great execution but yet again Netflix doesnt go above and beyond. Also kind of a weird season end right?

I felt like the parallel story telling is not a great story telling device if not executed greatly, and this doesnt.
If all the disasters happened after they got their powers, then wtf was the point of the code, to stop small time criminals?

Back