Television JUPITER'S LEGACY on Netflix (Cancelled After One Season)

If you have seen the entire season of JUPITER'S LEGACY, how would you rate the season one?

• Total voters
So that "wall" on the island let them through even though they clearly had shit with one another? They fooled it for a frew seconds and got super powers? Kind of weak.
Pretty much lol. For a few seconds, everything was good.

Im sure this is done better in the comics right? Cause it doesnt make sense.

I'm about 4 or 5 episodes in and the dude with the transport stick is the only interesting character thus far. that and the flashback scene to the 20s have been ok

The father son/daughter dynamic is tiresome and the Chloe chick is the worst actor in the lot.

I'll finish the series but there is so much about this show that just isn't good. If it is renewed I won't rush to watch it.
I just finished ep 6 and I agree, transport guy is the most interesting in modern timeline. All the modern scenes are far too melodramatic

I can't believe they've spent so much time on a rich girl with superpowers who has issues because her dad couldnt always be there. He's basically Superman retard. I could understand her feeling that way as a child but ffs. She's insufferable

I really like the 20's flashbacks though, and the brother/BFF trio. I'm genuinely curious as to what's in the ocean. I anticipate a letdown though lol

I also believe that the flashbacks are the best parts of the show. I do like George's son though.

The code is even worse than I thought it's practically suicidal.

Last edited:
- Episode 6 and they finally reach the fucking island. Seriously, cut out all the shit in Kansas and Ghost Dad and just have the island call to Sheldon etc in their dreams. That's what they did in the comic, IIRC.

- And why was Grace, one of the most powerful Superheroes on earth, trying to creep through the warehouse like the world's worst ninja? Bitch, you're damn near invulnerable and you can hear your friend screaming - get your ass in the fight.

- Someone break Blackstar out of prison and have him kill Chloe. Preferably slowly and painfully.

I'm clearly in the minority here, in that I'm enjoying the show. Just finished episode 6 this afternoon. Of course, my new home theater room equipment is making it much more enjoyable as well. The sound is incredible. Be that as it may, I'm excited for the last 2 episodes.

I just want to bring up some context regarding "The Code" and no killing. The Code, and by extension the Utopian, is supposed to represent the the ideas of the Silver Age of comics. What they're likely going or, which has on and off been explored since the 90s, is that contrast in dynamics/tone between the Silver and Modern Age of comics which can also serve as parallel for the generation divide as well.

Not sure if also calling it "the Code" is supposed to be a reference to the Comics Code Authority that came into place in the Silver Age.

So that "wall" on the island let them through even though they clearly had shit with one another? They fooled it for a frew seconds and got super powers? Kind of weak.

We can't assume and take everything at face value yet in terms of why they were given powers. For all we know it was just that they didn't want those powers to fight in the short term only. This isn't a spoiler from the comic either, as it hasn't been resolved yet. But that theme has been the basis of a few stories before, so it could be where they will go with it.

Last edited:
Episode 7 was half decent. Obviously not enough to redeem the entire series, but the scene where they finally got their powers after speaking to(presumably)Sufficiently Advanced Aliens who took the form of deceased loved ones was actually quite cool. It may also answer the question of how the other Supers came into being; the crew of the ship are clearly shown to be irradiated by whatever energy was released from the island. Depending on how far the effect spread, it might explain how there are so many other Superheroes and Supervillains who didn't set foot on the island.

However, I must deduct several point because Vikings didn't wear horned helmets:rolleyes:

Checked out the first episode. It was solid, but nothing that immediately stood out among the pack. Just interesting enough to keep me watching.

This show just frustrates me as it could be really good ....... if the show runners A. Put some money into production instead of it looking like a B movie half the time B. Hired a better fucking lead then Duhamel who is terrible an painful to watch. C. Have the heros wear better costumes than the power rangers wore in early 90s.

Finished the first season today.

Overall, I thought it was a solid effort. 7~8/10. That being said, 36 minutes for the final episode was complete and utter horseshit. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Finished season 1 tonight. Over all kind of disappointing.

If One Punch Man is a 10, and the Boys is a 9, and Invincible is an 8, I’d probably give this show a 6.

It kept my attention throughout, so it did something right. Fun little show, but it has it's issues. Maybe I zoned out and missed something, but why are there more super-powered folks than the originals? This isn't X-Men. People just didn't start naturally mutating. It was literally a gift from the Cosmic Gods for these specific people and they had to go to some super secret mystical island to get it, so where the fuck are these other guys and gals getting their powers from? I can roll with their kids having powers passed down, but there are so many other randoms out there with powers. Where did they get their powers from?

For the most part though, the show was a breezy watch, and it balanced it's past/present formula really well. The cast is hit and miss, but nothing that stands out either way. Good to mediocre casting, but they all give it their all and I can see the characters growing on me over time. Didn't much care for the big stupid reveal at the end. I get that you've gotta try and keep people interested for the next season, but it just didn't have any weight to it. The finale in general just felt tacked on and felt more like a season opener, rather than a finale

All in all though, pretty okaydecentkindagood. Enough to keep me watching anyways.

7/10

Ugh. I wanted to watch this and I wanted to like it.

but it’s bad.

Acted far better than written and that’s saying something.

It kept my attention throughout, so it did something right. Fun little show, but it has it's issues. Maybe I zoned out and missed something, but why are there more super-powered folks than the originals? This isn't X-Men. People just didn't start naturally mutating. It was literally a gift from the Cosmic Gods for these specific people and they had to go to some super secret mystical island to get it, so where the fuck are these other guys and gals getting their powers from? I can roll with their kids having powers passed down, but there are so many other randoms out there with powers. Where did they get their powers from?

For the most part though, the show was a breezy watch, and it balanced it's past/present formula really well. The cast is hit and miss, but nothing that stands out either way. Good to mediocre casting, but they all give it their all and I can see the characters growing on me over time. Didn't much care for the big stupid reveal at the end. I get that you've gotta try and keep people interested for the next season, but it just didn't have any weight to it. The finale in general just felt tacked on and felt more like a season opener, rather than a finale

All in all though, pretty okaydecentkindagood. Enough to keep me watching anyways.

7/10

When the OG Union get their powers, you can see an energy wave/explosion of some kind hit the ship. The captain's face glows for a couple of seconds when he gets hit, implying the energy that gave Sheldon, Walt etc their powers also had some effect on the crew. Depending on how far the wave front spread, it could have effected hundreds or even thousands of people who would eventually develop powers and pass them on to their children.

Just a theory of mine, and it's one of the show's main weaknesses that it doesn't adequately explain how people who didn't visit the island got their powers.

And i loled and wtfed at the scene where the brother just breaks down and starts crying while they're all climbing a freakin mountain.

It felt like they realised they needed to pump a bit of foreshadowing for the big 'Walt is the bad guy' twist and completely fucked around with his character when they were on the island.

This show really feels like a missed opportunity. A lot of potential they've messed up with poor production and poor writing which is a shame.

I also don't like the all episodes at once model. Means I have to avoid the Sherdog threads due to spoilers and makes it hard to discuss. Netflix need to consider Doggers in their business model.

It felt like they realised they needed to pump a bit of foreshadowing for the big 'Walt is the bad guy' twist and completely fucked around with his character when they were on the island.

This show really feels like a missed opportunity. A lot of potential they've messed up with poor production and poor writing which is a shame.

I also don't like the all episodes at once model. Means I have to avoid the Sherdog threads due to spoilers and makes it hard to discuss. Netflix need to consider Doggers in their business model.

Nah I liked all the episodes at once. All TV shows need to be like this. Once a week is for people stuck in the 90's. Arnolds not the greatest action star either anymore time to move on.

Me and my wife enjoyed it so that's good enough for me. We rarely have any shows we both like. The weakpoints have been discussed here plenty. I give it a solid 6.5.

Just finished it today. Not great by any means but still watchable enough and the cgi and fights are surprisingly good. All in all I quite enjoyed it and hope we at least get one more season.

Agreed that the daughter is annoying as fuck.

Back