PlayStation Bloodborne Megathread, v.4

I was wondering why I have been obsessed myself. Granted, im on medical leave, but this game has made me sink hours into it.

The leveling up is the most important and it can be done at any time. In the beginning I thought it wasnt doing shit, like I feel now with the garments I find all the time, but when I go farm blood viles/quicksilver, earlier folks arent a problem any more.

The other reason is what I mentioned before about dying being my fault. It is, but its a commitment issue. The game typically commits to what button you press. Fuck that, I want to change my mind constantly. However, those are the rules. In my last boss fight, for example, I got knocked down, hit an attack button, and as my character was slowly getting up, I knew attacking was no longer an option, because I got knocked down. My guy gets up and swings the fucking blade, while my controller lies idle. Granted, I absolutely was mashing the dash button, but NOOOOO NO NO, UH UH, we gotta attack cuz i fucking said so 10 sec ago.
Yeah for me it probably helps that I have nothing else I want to play. Don't get me wrong, I like the game and am enjoying myself but I can see already the grind ahead and I dont know if ill be in it for the long haul. Maybe I'm just not that good but I dont know how many times I want to play the same areas in order to level up and be able to beat the boss.

And yes, you have to surrender yourself to the controls and combat. My natural reaction when I get in trouble is to button mash the attack button and that's the last thing I should be doing. This game is really putting my patience and ability to be methodical to the test.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how these dungeons work while farming certain shit.
Killed the Newborn One or Unborn One. Then I see the asshole I have to chase.

All in all, I am damn happy about this game, despite how much I complain.

Gotta say, the sound in this is top notch. To think, crows sounding terrifying. Also, the enemy design. As a horror guru, im loving what I see.

Killed amygdala or whatever the fuck today and learned more about dungeons.

Then i turn it off to watch the fights, only to realize they already happened.

Stuck in Old Yharnam at the moment. Can't seem to beat Djura or the Blood Starved Beast. Not sure how much grinding this is going to require

Stuck in Old Yharnam at the moment. Can't seem to beat Djura or the Blood Starved Beast. Not sure how much grinding this is going to require
I wonder how you and TrueBias are playing the game.

Outside of a few runs for Blood vials, what is there to grind? I found grinding a little helped right at the end of the game, cause theres a fantastic spot with a few
pigies and hoodies

The only thing you have to do is learn patterns for boss fights and use a few items to aid you [if thats what you want].

Outside of a few runs for Blood vials, what is there to grind? I found grinding a little helped right at the end of the game, cause theres a fantastic spot with a few
pigies and hoodies

The only thing you have to do is learn patterns for boss fights and use a few items to aid you [if thats what you want].
Probably just not as gud as you, it's sort of a miracle I've made it this far. I'll keep at it a little longer but it's possible I've hit my threshold.

Probably just not as gud as you, it's sort of a miracle I've made it this far. I'll keep at it a little longer but it's possible I've hit my threshold.
i suc dude, its just patience and retrying. dont give up.

Cant remember who djura is but I JUST did the same tactic with a monster in a chalice dungeon as I used on the blood starved CUNT.

Throw pungent blood cocktails against the wall, walk up behind her, stick it in her ass. Repeat.

I forget what beast I did this against, but its the werewolf that throws fireballs. Before I used the cocktails, I was parrying. After some frustration, I just tried it out and once it started working, I just stuck with it.

Early in the game, I kept dashing away or to the side of fuckers, instead of slightly toward them, ending up directly behind them. Im still working on it, but it seems thats the key. That and knowing when to fire a weapon, if youre doing that.

Yeah I was grinding a lot around where he is at and even more when I got to the Lecture Room. I like games that have upgrades, so I simply just wanted to get good enough to use some of the items. Plus, yes, I wanted things to get easier, but it wasnt much.

The game developers knew that retreading areas of their maps just to get back to where gamers left off was some frustrating shit, which is why they implemented short cuts. My majority of time is using these short cuts, to get back to an area, lets say, a boss. Try another method, try parrying, try a different weapon, try "surviving," etc, only to fail, and wait for the game to reload, then run all the way back. Its that repeated traveling that annoys me. So...I grind and hope my new levels give me that edge to prevent another roundtrip.

Cant remember who djura is but I JUST did the same tactic with a monster in a chalice dungeon as I used on the blood starved CUNT.

Throw pungent blood cocktails against the wall, walk up behind her, stick it in her ass. Repeat.

I forget what beast I did this against, but its the werewolf that throws fireballs. Before I used the cocktails, I was parrying. After some frustration, I just tried it out and once it started working, I just stuck with it.

Early in the game, I kept dashing away or to the side of fuckers, instead of slightly toward them, ending up directly behind them. Im still working on it, but it seems thats the key. That and knowing when to fire a weapon, if youre doing that.

Yeah I was grinding a lot around where he is at and even more when I got to the Lecture Room. I like games that have upgrades, so I simply just wanted to get good enough to use some of the items. Plus, yes, I wanted things to get easier, but it wasnt much.

The game developers knew that retreading areas of their maps just to get back to where gamers left off was some frustrating shit, which is why they implemented short cuts. My majority of time is using these short cuts, to get back to an area, lets say, a boss. Try another method, try parrying, try a different weapon, try "surviving," etc, only to fail, and wait for the game to reload, then run all the way back. Its that repeated traveling that annoys me. So...I grind and hope my new levels give me that edge to prevent another roundtrip.
Wait. You can parry?

Beasts all over the shop

I ran into another blood starved cunt in a dungeon and i was able to do it without blood cocktails. I literally kept dodging her ass by moving kind of toward her.

Yeah I made it to the first dungeon and I think that's it for me. It's a fine game, its just not for me. There just comes a point where I have to ask myself: is this fun? And the answer for me when it comes to this game is no.

Everyone sucks at this game at first. Younger people will have better twitch skills, but it mainly boils down to patterns. Some bosses are really hard for me because the camera can be a cunt (fuck you Ludwig).

I can't tell you how many times I died at the start. Right now I'm near the end of my NG+3 run. Outside of bosses, I rarely die now. Even though I'm a wrecking machine, bosses still can kick my ass. It's been almost two years since I played it, so my memory of their patterns has waned. I've died 20 times to a boss called Orphan of Koss. He's optional/DLC, and brutal, but a fun challenge. I avoided him on my first NG run, though I beat in my first play through.

I'll get him eventually, but I'm glad a I took a break because I discovered three bosses I never saw before, including two new areas I saw from watching lore videos. I'm also doing the Chalice dungeons for the first time. Once you understand them, it's really fun.

What keeps me coming back and intrigued is the incredible story/world and the addictive gameplay loop. You may throw in the towel for a bit, and it's probably a good thing to take a break, but it will gnaw at you. Once you return, you'll also be a better player, so long as you don't take too long. This game really isn't that hard, as you'll discover, you just have to be calmer when you're playing (easier said than done I know lol)

Watch this video when you wrap things up. Japanese to english translations complicated things many times, which has been a consistent issue in Souls games. This guy does a great explaining the story. It's such a masterful blend of Victorian dark fantasy and Lovecraftian horror.

Everyone sucks at this game at first. Younger people will have better twitch skills, but it mainly boils down to patterns. Some bosses are really hard for me because the camera can be a cunt (fuck you Ludwig).

I can't tell you how many times I died at the start. Right now I'm near the end of my NG+3 run. Outside of bosses, I rarely die now. Even though I'm a wrecking machine, bosses still can kick my ass. It's been almost two years since I played it, so my memory of their patterns has waned. I've died 20 times to a boss called Orphan of Koss. He's optional/DLC, and brutal, but a fun challenge. I avoided him on my first NG run, though I beat in my first play through.

I'll get him eventually, but I'm glad a I took a break because I discovered three bosses I never saw before, including two new areas I saw from watching lore videos. I'm also doing the Chalice dungeons for the first time. Once you understand them, it's really fun.

What keeps me coming back and intrigued is the incredible story/world and the addictive gameplay loop. You may throw in the towel for a bit, and it's probably a good thing to take a break, but it will gnaw at you. Once you return, you'll also be a better player, so long as you don't take too long. This game really isn't that hard, as you'll discover, you just have to be calmer when you're playing (easier said than done I know lol)

Watch this video when you wrap things up. Japanese to english translations complicated things many times, which has been a consistent issue in Souls games. This guy does a great explaining the story. It's such a masterful blend of Victorian dark fantasy and Lovecraftian horror.

I agree mostly. My main problem is I just don't find the gameplay fun. Yes, the world is intriguing and beautiful and horrifying all at the same time. I just find the combat an unforgivable combination of boring and repetitive. You have to be methodical, I get it. Is that fun? Fuck no. I want to experience this game but I find it to be a chore to play most of the time

I agree mostly. My main problem is I just don't find the gameplay fun. Yes, the world is intriguing and beautiful and horrifying all at the same time. I just find the combat an unforgivable combination of boring and repetitive. You have to be methodical, I get it. Is that fun? Fuck no. I want to experience this game but I find it to be a chore to play most of the time
If you dont enjoy the combat, then there's not much here for you. As for repetitive... we will disagree there. I felt that way at first when dying repeatedly to normal enemies. I hate replaying the same areas again and again. I grew up in the quarter crushing arcade/NES days. It took me many false starts to get over the hump and appreciate these games.

Eventually you stop dying, and only really repeat bosses, though you can run past enemies to get to them. I wish every boss had a check point right before though, It's fucking tedious

I personally prefer the flashier moves and build diversity from Nioh 2 and Code Vein. Dark Souls wrecks BB in that regard too., especially 2 and 3.

I just find that Souls proper games really nail the balance between difficulty and fair challenge. BB Is no exception. The really hard enemies/bosses are generally skippable to finish the story too, as they promote coop.

They've ruined most games for me, with most scaling enemies, or making you arbitrarily level some skill/item to simulate difficulty and advance to a level gated area.

What's more fun and gratifying in the end, having to play methodically/smartly, or button mashing?

If you dont enjoy the combat, then there's not much here for you. As for repetitive... we will disagree there. I felt that way at first when dying repeatedly to normal enemies. I hate replaying the same areas again and again. I grew up in the quarter crushing arcade/NES days. It took me many false starts to get over the hump and appreciate these games.

Eventually you stop dying, and only really repeat bosses, though you can run past enemies to get to them. I wish every boss had a check point right before though, It's fucking tedious

I personally prefer the flashier moves and build diversity from Nioh 2 and Code Vein. Dark Souls wrecks BB in that regard too., especially 2 and 3.

I just find that Souls proper games really nail the balance between difficulty and fair challenge. BB Is no exception. The really hard enemies/bosses are generally skippable to finish the story too, as they promote coop.

They've ruined most games for me, with most scaling enemies, or making you arbitrarily level some skill/item to simulate difficulty and advance to a level gated area.

What's more fun and gratifying in the end, having to play methodically/smartly, or button mashing?
To answer your question, I'd say somewhere in between. I really liked the combat in Ghost of Tsushima.

I'm not really dying to normal enemies anymore unless I just get bored and say fuck it and go in like a madman.

I'll go back to it since I really have nothing else to play. Id love for it to really click because id like to get the DS trilogy and Sekiro.

Last edited:
I just find the combat an unforgivable combination of boring and repetitive.
Completely disagree.

I dont know how anyone can use the saw blade and not find mashing r1 fun lol. Whirligig, the scythe and a bone ashed cannon are so insanely fun to use. I find parrying and dancing around enemies fun, hell the type of weapon changes the playstyle. The pimp can makes you fight long range etc. Its disappointing that you dont find it fun, but it is what it is. Dont force yourself to play game.
To answer your question, I'd say somewhere in between. I really liked the combat in Ghost of Tsushima.

I'm not really dying to normal enemies anymore unless I just get bored and say fuck it and go in like a madman.
This makes sense, since GOT has some of the most mindless combat. Its basically very easy. I think you just want to play casually and Bloodborne isnt really casual on a first run. Its casual on a second or third run but definitely not on a first run.

Nothing wrong with playing casual games. Play what you find fun and enjoyable.

Back