PlayStation Bloodborne Megathread, v.4

To answer your question, I'd say somewhere in between. I really liked the combat in Ghost of Tsushima.

I'm not really dying to normal enemies anymore unless I just get bored and say fuck it and go in like a madman.

I'll go back to it since I really have nothing else to play. Id love for it to really click because id like to get the DS trilogy and Sekiro.
Maybe the weapon youre using isnt scratching that itch.

I fear that i am now fucked. Ive gotten to the abhorrent beast in a dungeon. And, motherfucker, this motherfucking motherfucker, he, HE can reach me with his paws, but i cant with the ludwig?! The hit detection here is lopsided in this dickheads favor. I use the quicker blade, the fucker moves out of the way, i use the big blade, he gets me before i have time to swing the bitch.

Right after i got that blood starved bitch too..

-tried using fire paper..not enough
-tried using pungent cocktails...hes all over me like flies on shit
-tontinus is useless since its a bolt weapon and the only other weapon ive upgraded
-tried to parry...and parry...and parry
-tried gemming the blade for fire...not good enough
-tried gemming it for arcane...for beasts....nothing
-just did physical and thats the best, but my endurance is 31? I dont have enough stamina for dodging and slicing
-did the physical with fire paper..better but just not good enough

-i can go grind, but theres a part that ive not explored with 2 cunts with those bells and they spammed spiders before i can turn a corner to go after them...plus there are 2 werewolves in this room.

So, my build is fucked. Maybe poison will work on the beast but ive yet to see any poison add ons doing anything. Sucks cuz im around 110 lvl.

Think the last boss ive killed is the asshole with a cage on his head.

Time for youtube...

To answer your question, I'd say somewhere in between. I really liked the combat in Ghost of Tsushima.

I'm not really dying to normal enemies anymore unless I just get bored and say fuck it and go in like a madman.

I'll go back to it since I really have nothing else to play. Id love for it to really click because id like to get the DS trilogy and Sekiro.
I hear you man. It didnt click for me early too. I bought DS1, DS3 and Bloodborne at different times. I refunded DS3 on Steam when I died to the first boss near 30 times in a row lol, and was able to return BB at EB when they had that 7 day return policy for certain games. I couldnt beat the Blood starved beast. I was fucking losing it

I had the prepare to die edition of DS1 on steam, going back to 2011, and tried it many times over the years, always swearing to never play anything that had "Souls-like in it after a couple of hours.

DS3 really irked me, because it played so perfectly, unlike DS1 and BB and their choppy framerates (my excuse for sucking). I had no excuse for DS3.

Iudex Gundyr is the DS3 first boss. I thought his name was Index.

That fuxker haunted me for a year off and on. Like I said before, I cut my teeth on those painfully hard/unforgiving NES games, where I cleared many of the toughest games, like Ghosts & Goblins, Ninja Gaiden etc...I'm forever triggered by them lol

I felt like such a quitter lol. I hear Index at work constantly, as I'm often indexing shit on the back end. I'd think of Dark Souls

Anyway, I picked up DS3 on a sale a couple of years ago and beat Iudex on my second try. The mechanics just clicked. I cant tell you the gratification. He was my nemesis.

I wound up playing through every Souls (BB too) over the next few months.

Anyway, mind the mini novel, but Souls games saved me from a pretty dark time in my life, so they are something I'm passionate about. Take a break and try again, it will click.

The lore is absolutely incredible too, you have endless hours of that waiting for you once you play through them.

Last edited:

And part of that I'm guessing, is that it's a lot more forgiving and doesn't pound you into the dirt at every turn, yes? I'd assume It's just more immediately gratifying. There's nothing wrong with that. These Fromsoft games simply aren't for everyone. They are no joke. They are as advertised in that they will kick the shit out of you with no mercy, or regard for your feelings of wanting to progress. Don't pay too much attention to the hardcore folks telling you "no, no, it gets better. It'll click". Fact of the matter is, sometimes it just doesn't click and you feel like you're just beating your head against a wall. It's not unusual for these games to tap people out.

If you've put a good amount of time into this and still find it irritating to play, I wouldn't expect that to change. Don't force yourself to try and like it.

And part of that I'm guessing, is that it's a lot more forgiving and doesn't pound you into the dirt at every turn, yes? I'd assume It's just more immediately gratifying. There's nothing wrong with that. These Fromsoft games simply aren't for everyone. They are no joke. They are as advertised in that they will kick the shit out of you with no mercy, or regard for your feelings of wanting to progress. Don't pay too much attention to the hardcore folks telling you "no, no, it gets better. It'll click". Fact of the matter is, sometimes it just doesn't click and you feel like you're just beating your head against a wall. It's not unusual for these games to tap people out.

If you've put a good amount of time into this and still find it irritating to play, I wouldn't expect that to change. Don't force yourself to try and like it.
Yeah, it's very possible it will never "click". I could never get into Sekiro, I just didn't enjoy the combat. You're pretty much forced into one way of playing.I'm sure I'll give it another go at some point.

@Hitman81 As much as I love Bloodborne, the world of Dark Souls is my fav. DS1 for world/level design, and DS3 for gameplay. DS3 feels like the perfect blend of DS1/Bloodborne gameplay, while giving us the build diversity of DS2.

Once DS3 clicked with me, I stopped playing and went back to DS1 (remastered) just to play the story sequentially. This is the order I played the games to completion.

DS1, DS3, DS2 (Sins of the First Scholar) Bloodborne, then Demon's Souls (emulated on PS3). I recommend BB and Demon's Souls before DS2.

DS2 was made by a different team, and takes place in a different area than DS1/3, so you can play it out of order. It has some big issues, but the amount of content and incredible lore is ridiculous. It's super frustrating at times though, like they doubled down on the difficulty meme by making things cheap at times. You can bring in lot's of NPC's to help.

Well. Killed the last guy.

The last guy you see, the monster who hugs you, do you ever fight him in the next game? Killed Gerhman in my 2ns try. Unbelieveable how much harder that dungeon shit is and hopefully their difficulty level didnt change.

Is the DLC on the playstation store? What are they exactly? Never done DLC on the PSN

Well. Killed the last guy.

The last guy you see, the monster who hugs you, do you ever fight him in the next game? Killed Gerhman in my 2ns try. Unbelieveable how much harder that dungeon shit is and hopefully their difficulty level didnt change.

Is the DLC on the playstation store? What are they exactly? Never done DLC on the PSN
In regards to your ending question, I'm not gonna spoil anything but find and eat three of the "one third of umbilical cord" on your next playthrough and refuse Gehrman's offer again.

There is DLC on the PS store and it's fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Well I'm not too ashamed to admit I'm throwing in the towel, not just on Bloodborne, but on the entire Souls genre. I respect them, I admire them from afar, but they're just not for me. I could probably slog though it but there are just other things I'd rather he doing. I might just watch playthroughs on YouTube to get my fill.

I know it's a controversial subject but I really think it's a shame they don't have any form of difficulty options. I want to play the games but I dont want to spend the time grinding and farming in order to do it. If I was to have any really critical thoughts on the series it's this. They're 20 hour games that get stretched way out because of the difficulty and having to play the same areas multiple times. And the lore hidden under ominous notes and item descriptions? Cool, I guess. Im sure they make enough money off hard core fans to keep making games but I think it would be great if they made some concessions to try and broaden their audience. But oh well.

That's my piece. Enjoy you crazy Souls SOBs and see you on the other side.

The DLC is arguaby better than the base game. Its a masterpiece. Get it. Best to look up the lore and the sidequests you may have missed. I was thorough and explored everything in my first playthrough, and I actually had all the umbilical cords to fight
Moon Presence
. I loved BB on a first playthrough, but every playthrough following it was much more enjoyable than my first, its probably why I legit love the game. I rarely replay games.

In regards to your ending question, I'm not gonna spoil anything but find and eat three of the "one third of umbilical cord" on your next playthrough and refuse Gehrman's offer again.

There is DLC on the PS store and it's fantastic. I highly recommend it.
Ohhh. Yeah i have them. So...eat them now?

If i get the DLC, can i continue on with this game, the 1 where im eating umbilical cords? Or is it something new entirely?

Yeah, it's very possible it will never "click". I could never get into Sekiro, I just didn't enjoy the combat. You're pretty much forced into one way of playing.I'm sure I'll give it another go at some point.

@Hitman81 As much as I love Bloodborne, the world of Dark Souls is my fav. DS1 for world/level design, and DS3 for gameplay. DS3 feels like the perfect blend of DS1/Bloodborne gameplay, while giving us the build diversity of DS2.

Once DS3 clicked with me, I stopped playing and went back to DS1 (remastered) just to play the story sequentially. This is the order I played the games to completion.

DS1, DS3, DS2 (Sins of the First Scholar) Bloodborne, then Demon's Souls (emulated on PS3). I recommend BB and Demon's Souls before DS2.

DS2 was made by a different team, and takes place in a different area than DS1/3, so you can play it out of order. It has some big issues, but the amount of content and incredible lore is ridiculous. It's super frustrating at times though, like they doubled down on the difficulty meme by making things cheap at times. You can bring in lot's of NPC's to help.

DS2......overall I liked the game. Majula was a great home base, and some of the areas were really cool.

I couldn't figure out parrying to save my life in this game. I was never great at it in DS1, but I literally couldn't do it at all in DS2. My biggest issue with DS2 is simply that so many of the areas were annoying to play; many were too dark, many had constant poison/toxic threats, etc. If they would have toned some of that down I would have a greater desire to go back and play it again.

Ohhh. Yeah i have them. So...eat them now?

If i get the DLC, can i continue on with this game, the 1 where im eating umbilical cords? Or is it something new entirely?
You have to eat them before you refuse Gehrman's offer at the end of the game and trigger his fight, and you'll have to do New Game+ to play the DLC, just beat Vicar Amelia and it will be available. It will be a bit tougher on NG+ though.

DS2......overall I liked the game. Majula was a great home base, and some of the areas were really cool.

I couldn't figure out parrying to save my life in this game. I was never great at it in DS1, but I literally couldn't do it at all in DS2. My biggest issue with DS2 is simply that so many of the areas were annoying to play; many were too dark, many had constant poison/toxic threats, etc. If they would have toned some of that down I would have a greater desire to go back and play it again.

Yeah, for all the complaints I read about DS2, the ridiculous abuse of poison/etc hazards is the one I can wholeheartedly agree with. It also managed to make the game even more cryptic and confusing than the rest, despite having fast travel to cut down on all the back tracking. It's so bad in the late game, that I refuse to believe anyone beat it without a guide/help of some kind.

In many ways DS2 is my favourite. I only suggest it last because it's not very noob friendly. It made me rage more than any game since those old NES days, but it gave me the best highs too. It pretty much consumed me for a month, especially my vengeance quest for the Blue Smelter Demon. I wanted his weapon so badly, just so I could dual wield his and his brother's lol.

If anyone cares about lore, what's really cool about the SOTFS edition (one I played) Miyazaki added Aldia in, who basically explains the story
of the enslavement/duping of humans by Gwyn to keep his age of fire going
before DS3 does. I just loved how he and Vendrick were on a quest to reverse hollowing. Aldia is doing mad experiments while Vendrick
discovers that it's hopeless and gets cucked by his Queen lol

You can see that development was shaken up midway, as certain things don't make sense; taking an elevator down from the lava infested Iron Keep brings you to mountain peaks?? My main issues were the gank-fests, and not just Havel and his gank squad boss fight. Iron Keep just keeps sending enemies your way, and those douchebags in the wharf hanging on planks waiting for you. Like you said, it's so dark you can't see shit, even with a torch. I fell in the water so many damn times! You really needed a guide to figure shit out too. Regardless, I still think it's a great game, despite the many flaws

Parrying, like using a shield, seems almost like it was deterred. I mainly used a two handed sword and pyromancy, but the fact you could respec so often let me change builds constantly. In my NG runs, I mainly used magic, switching between dark and light spells depending on the area.

I wish that team would take another crack at a Souls-like game. They had some great ideas! The DLC is so money too. The lore behind the Ivory King and building his throne over the chaos flame to be the first line of defense...legendary!

You have to eat them before you refuse Gehrman's offer at the end of the game and trigger his fight, and you'll have to do New Game+ to play the DLC, just beat Vicar Amelia and it will be available. It will be a bit tougher on NG+ though.
I just bought the Old Hunters and I see I cant even access it until when you said...

Thats shitty.

I also saw my cords are gone.

Im currently in Old hunters and cannot get past the first boss. Just too weak, which really sucks, cuz i want to switch weapons.

Since its been a while, i went back into the dungeon and got ROM. Went to the 4th layer and fought a cleric beast lookalike. Then i get, what i assume is, more shit to open more dungeons. Thats cool and all, but these are still a bitch and i need any gems i can get to make the DLC a bit more fair.

I just opened up a new dungeon. Its....Isz? Looks like an apple shaped snifter. I fought and killed the 1st 2 bosses, which were quite easy. 3rd level was pissing me off to all hell cuz i kept dying with very high blood echoes.

Not understanding this...im getting a lot of blood echoes, but no good gems?

Im level 138 or so now.
Whats a typical level? Feel like im going in kinda fat.

Im currently in Old hunters and cannot get past the first boss. Just too weak, which really sucks, cuz i want to switch weapons.

Since its been a while, i went back into the dungeon and got ROM. Went to the 4th layer and fought a cleric beast lookalike. Then i get, what i assume is, more shit to open more dungeons. Thats cool and all, but these are still a bitch and i need any gems i can get to make the DLC a bit more fair.

I just opened up a new dungeon. Its....Isz? Looks like an apple shaped snifter. I fought and killed the 1st 2 bosses, which were quite easy. 3rd level was pissing me off to all hell cuz i kept dying with very high blood echoes.

Not understanding this...im getting a lot of blood echoes, but no good gems?

Im level 138 or so now.
Whats a typical level? Feel like im going in kinda fat.
You’re over leveled for typical DLC stuff if you’re still in New Game. The DLC is the hardest part of the game.

I just killed the gatlin guy after spent a shit load of time in dungeons. The fuck am i in them for?! Ive gotten ZERO blood gems that are worth a shit.

Im doing a cursed isz one and ive gotten to the giant bee looking asshole. He or she 1 shot me. I restarted and went after the hunter in the dungeon. Got his ass and then got...nothing.

Im now at an in pass. I can go try to old hunters boss again, or play the old game, or do another dungeon.

I want to know which dungeon to play cuz they supposedly have the gems i need. Almost all youtube vids talk about their own dungeons
In the offline game, there are so many! Which ones, boys?????

Last edited:
I just killed the gatlin guy after spent a shit load of time in dungeons. The fuck am i in them for?! Ive gotten ZERO blood gems that are worth a shit.

Im doing a cursed isz one and ive gotten to the giant bee looking asshole. He or she 1 shot me. I restarted and went after the hunter in the dungeon. Got his ass and then got...nothing.

Im now at an in pass. I can go try to old hunters boss again, or play the old game, or do another dungeon.

I want to know which dungeon to play cuz they supposedly have the gems i need. Almost all youtube vids talk about their own dungeons
In the offline game, there are so many! Which ones, boys?????
I never did a lot of gem farming but I think you have to make FRC dungeons (fetid, rotted, cursed) for the best gems if you don't have a PS+ membership.

I never did a lot of gem farming but I think you have to make FRC dungeons (fetid, rotted, cursed) for the best gems if you don't have a PS+ membership.
Im doing a cursed one now and im at erbius or whatever. Daughter of something.

She sucks.

Back