PlayStation Bloodborne Megathread, v.4

I found something more annoying than Farron Swamp.....Father Gascoigne's shotgun.
Who the fuck is this father Gascogne I keep hearing about , I want to meet him.
But first I have to conquer this fucking clerk beast . Think I’m going to just farm i till I have like 20 blood vials and at least 15 cocktails. It’s going down tonight,

But first I have to conquer this fucking clerk beast . Think I’m going to just farm i till I have like 20 blood vials and at least 15 cocktails. It’s going down tonight,
He's the "first" boss. Another hunter gone mad and fights like a hunter as well.

I believe you will bring the pwnage on this fine evening and Cleric Beast will be demoted to Cleric Pussy.

He's the real first boss, in a nice wide open area where the camera won't flip out.

For Cleric Beast the best advice i can give is to just go balls to the wall after you avoid an attack. I thought you were supposed to be cautious going into Bloodborne but when i realized you're supposed to play aggressive the game got extremely easy... unless you fight a million red spiders in the chalice dungeons, then it's extremely soul destroying.

Always stay right next to the cleric beast's butt and attack. Im mean so close to his butt that youre touching it.
Hes also weak to fire so molotov cocktails help

Thanks for Tips!, the battle is officially going down tonight I was able to farm 20 blood vials and cocktails are loaded.

How do i avoid not locking on to him , i wasted molotovs before by forgetting to lock on … I like dodging without it for sure.

Thanks for Tips!, the battle is officially going down tonight I was able to farm 20 blood vials and cocktails are loaded.

How do i avoid not locking on to him , i wasted molotovs before by forgetting to lock on … I like dodging without it for sure.
Just click the right stick to lock on and off when you want to use a molotov. The white dot over your target will indicate if you're locked on or not. Have some distance between you and it to lessen the likelihood of being interrupted then toast the mofo.

What's everybody's fav weapons?

I recently got Ludwig's Holy Blade thinking i would take to it like the Claymore in Dark Souls 3 but i'm struggling to let go of the Saw Cleaver and it's rapid viciousness.

I recently got Ludwig's Holy Blade thinking i would take to it like the Claymore in Dark Souls 3 but i'm struggling to let go of the Saw Cleaver and it's rapid viciousness.
Saw Cleaver is great, love Ludwig’s, Whirligig is a blast. One of my favorites that isn’t super common is Blade of Mercy. Gotta have high stamina though to really see it shine.

Saw Cleaver is great, love Ludwig’s, Whirligig is a blast. One of my favorites that isn’t super common is Blade of Mercy. Gotta have high stamina though to really see it shine.

I've tried every weapon, and maxed a few, saw cleaver is still my fav. It's so gratifying, and does so much quick damage with the trick combos.

I use it for most enemies (fire/bolt paper help with diff opponents too) with the Tonitrus for cosmic enemies (they are generall weak to lightning, its buff/trick). Both play well to my up-close frantic style. The Tonitrus staggers enemies too, especially that fucker Micolash, chews him up. It breaks easily though.
maxresdefault.jpg

The Moonlight Greatsword is awesome too, good range
maxresdefault.jpg

I never mastered the Whirligig, maybe my next run I'll focus on that. It does look like fun when used properly.

Ludwig's is an obvious if not boring choice in the full-time occupation of street cleaner. re: Cleaver, I actually always thought the Saw Spear superior; it even has poke. Give her a go if fancying a less disruptive change-up in play. My most beloved from the Fashionborne side of the house is Simon's Bowblade, another instrument of the Church actually. My main in play however has long been the Reiterpallasch. Yeah, it's a bit snobbish a tool but O, well; love at first sight for me, really. You can take the man out of Cainhurst but not the Cainhurst out of the man, damn it! Second beloved in play is a gemmed-to-the-nines Boom Hammer and chuckle all ye want – moveset is very fun, IMO, and charged R2 will plant you where you stand. Pizza cutter (Whirligig) is cool (effective in some dungeon dives, iirc) but never really clicked with me, as I saw that mentioned. Tonitrus is kind of an open secret – wrecks. Good inclusion by Gteh.

Did they ever fix the horrible load times and frame drops? Shit was unplayable when it came out IMO

Ludwig's is an obvious if not boring choice in the full-time occupation of street cleaner. re: Cleaver, I actually always thought the Saw Spear superior; it even has poke. Give her a go if fancying a less disruptive change-up in play. My most beloved from the Fashionborne side of the house is Simon's Bowblade, another instrument of the Church actually. My main in play however has long been the Reiterpallasch. Yeah, it's a bit snobbish a tool but O, well; love at first sight for me, really. You can take the man out of Cainhurst but not the Cainhurst out of the man, damn it! Second beloved in play is a gemmed-to-the-nines Boom Hammer and chuckle all ye want – moveset is very fun, IMO, and charged R2 will plant you where you stand. Pizza cutter (Whirligig) is cool (effective in some dungeon dives, iirc) but never really clicked with me, as I saw that mentioned. Tonitrus is kind of an open secret – wrecks. Good inclusion by Gteh.
I was gonna ask fellow hunters, out of the Saw Cleaver and the Saw Spear, which does everybody prefer?

I was gonna ask fellow hunters, out of the Saw Cleaver and the Saw Spear, which does everybody prefer?
Supposedly the saw spear is superior but I don't really notice a difference. The charge attack when transformed is a thrust instead of a chop.

I can beat the Valkyrie queen in God of war but not this beast.:,,; I have failed.., I’m not worthy I already had a feeling this would happen . The only other game I’ve ever died this much was Some level in Donkey Kong Country back in the day .

I can beat the Valkyrie queen in God of war but not this beast.:,,; I have failed.., I’m not worthy I already had a feeling this would happen . The only other game I’ve ever died this much was Some level in Donkey Kong Country back in the day .
I haven't been following the thread closely, but has anyone told you that you have to play aggressively and dodge into the enemies in this game? In and to the the left is how I remember it, could be wrong. If you try dodging backwards to heal/create space you're going to get fucked pretty consistently.

I haven't been following the thread closely, but has anyone told you that you have to play aggressively and dodge into the enemies in this game? In and to the the left is how I remember it, could be wrong. If you try dodging backwards to heal/create space you're going to get fucked pretty consistently.
Dam good point , i might be doing too
Many backstep backrolls type dodging, I need to learn how to just get in there and slash.

bastard is unpredictable to me with those claws , it’s like 1 claw and then another claw that always taxes me.

Dam good point , i might be doing too
Many backstep backrolls type dodging, I need to learn how to just get in there and slash.

bastard is unpredictable to me with those claws , it’s like 1 claw and then another claw that always taxes me.
The camera is shitty in that fight. Also stick to his ass and don't get greedy.

If you need to farm vials kill those two big guys that are near the elevator and the big wolves on the bridge. You can kite those wolves until they're on the stairs of building with the old guy with the machine gun and then they can't hit you and you can hit them. Easy vial farm that I use when I run low.

Back