Just Tony getting ready to destroy Khabib

You like it when dudes hold subs for too long then spit at their opponent after the ref finally drags them off?
yeah except he didnt spit and didnt hang on for too long, so stop talking bullshit

Don't care what the judges said, Danny Castillo and then Michael Johnson before that

His question was "Who was the last wrestler to beat Tony?"

You answered with one guy that Tony beat (your opinion on the scores is irrelevant) and then...Michael Johnson, the absolute farthest thing from a wrestler.

Really? You should take a mulligan and answer that one a second time.

His question was "Who was the last wrestler to beat Tony?"

You answered with one guy that Tony beat (your opinion on the scores is irrelevant) and then...Michael Johnson, the absolute farthest thing from a wrestler.

Really? You should take a mulligan and answer that one a second time.
We all saw the fight, well I did, I don't know about you. And Castillo was robbed.

And because Micheal Johnson chooses to strike doesn't mean he's not still a wrestler. You quoted the question, it wasn't "when's the last time Tony lost because of wrestling" it was who was the last wrestler to beat Tony. Micheal Johnson was a top NJCAA wrestler in college, so I'm pretty sure he's a wrestler.

We all saw the fight, well I did, I don't know about you. And Castillo was robbed.

And because Micheal Johnson chooses to strike doesn't mean he's not still a wrestler. You quoted the question, it wasn't "when's the last time Tony lost because of wrestling" it was who was the last wrestler to beat Tony. Micheal Johnson was a top NJCAA wrestler in college, so I'm pretty sure he's a wrestler.

Yes I saw it too. Laying on top of someone and having them be the one to actually throw strikes doesn't win you a fight.

So never ever using wrestling and in fact showing a profound lack of grappling skills in MMA doesn't matter as long as you have SOME sort of wrestling background? In the context of an MMA discussion? Yeah..sorry...no.

I get the fear of that but it's really not that easy to get injured doing shit like this.
During fight camps the only time I've been injured was during training or freak accidents that don't even relate to situations like this (things like slipping on ice or tripping on random shit). People complain about pretty much any fighter that does "risky" shit.
Tripping on random shit is pretty risky.
catbigPX1.jpg

Yes I saw it too. Laying on top of someone and having them be the one to actually throw strikes doesn't win you a fight.

So never ever using wrestling and in fact showing a profound lack of grappling skills in MMA doesn't matter as long as you have SOME sort of wrestling background? In the context of an MMA discussion? Yeah..sorry...no.
Actually back then it did, you should watch MM vs Torres

And Michael Johnson has landed TDs on Gaethje, Diaz, Lauzon, and Barboza but apparently he never ever uses his wrestling...

I guess Rashad Evans wasn't a wrestler anymore after the Liddell fight because he never used his wrestling...

Actually back then it did, you should watch MM vs Torres

And Michael Johnson has landed TDs on Gaethje, Diaz, Lauzon, and Barboza but apparently he never ever uses his wrestling...

I guess Rashad Evans wasn't a wrestler anymore after the Liddell fight because he never used his wrestling...

I saw MM vs Torres, I've likely seen most fights you have. The reality is that judging can be subjective, and Tony did more actual damage than Castillo. You don't have to like it, you can disagree with the decision, but it doesn't change reality.

Michael Johson has hit a few TD's in his career, so that means he's a wrestler in the context of how we'd describe him as an MMA fighter? I seriously don't know what to tell you if you think anyone other than you looks at Michael Johnson the MMA fighter as "a wrestler".

I saw MM vs Torres, I've likely seen most fights you have. The reality is that judging can be subjective, and Tony did more actual damage than Castillo. You don't have to like it, you can disagree with the decision, but it doesn't change reality.

Michael Johson has hit a few TD's in his career, so that means he's a wrestler in the context of how we'd describe him as an MMA fighter? I seriously don't know what to tell you if you think anyone other than you looks at Michael Johnson the MMA fighter as "a wrestler".
The question was, who was the last wrestler that beat Tony. Regardless of your opinion, Micheal Johnson has a pretty solid wrestling pedigree which makes him a wrestler. Does he prefer to strike, yes, but it doesn't change the fact he's a wrestler. MJ like Liddell, Gaethje, and Woodley to name a few, all use their wrestling in reverse to keep the fight standing, it doesn't mean they weren't wrestlers or can't wrestle.

yeah except he didnt spit and didnt hang on for too long, so stop talking bullshit
The spitting is up in the air. It looked like it to me but I don’t mind being wrong about that.

As to the choke, there’s no argument. After Conor taps then taps again Herb has to rip Khabibs arm off him, then has to physically stand him up because he wouldn’t get off Conor, then he had to hold him back while he continued trying to get at Conor.

The question was, who was the last wrestler that beat Tony. Regardless of your opinion, Micheal Johnson has a pretty solid wrestling pedigree which makes him a wrestler. Does he prefer to strike, yes, but it doesn't change the fact he's a wrestler. MJ like Liddell, Gaethje, and Woodley to name a few, all use their wrestling in reverse to keep the fight standing, it doesn't mean they weren't wrestlers or can't wrestle.

You could literally call ANY fighter that's had ANY wrestling background a "wrestler". Liddell had legendary TDD and getups and was a D1 wrestler. Gaethje had a lot of D1 success but nobody thinks of him as a "wrestler" in the context of MMA. His TDD is actually only slightly above average, not elite. He uses no offensive wrestling at all. Woodley has elite TDD and was a D1 stud.

The fact that MJ wrestled in juco doesn't make him a "wrestler" in the context of MMA imo. His MMA grappling isn't very good for a guy at the level he's reached (offensively or defensively).

And again, context. The question was asked for the purposes of gauging the success of guys who USE wrestling against Tony. Not "Hey, name a guy who beat Tony who wrestled at some point in his life but who's really a striker in MMA that has lackluster grappling overall."

You could literally call ANY fighter that's had ANY wrestling background a "wrestler". Liddell had legendary TDD and getups and was a D1 wrestler. Gaethje had a lot of D1 success but nobody thinks of him as a "wrestler" in the context of MMA. His TDD is actually only slightly above average, not elite. He uses no offensive wrestling at all. Woodley has elite TDD and was a D1 stud.

The fact that MJ wrestled in juco doesn't make him a "wrestler" in the context of MMA imo. His MMA grappling isn't very good for a guy at the level he's reached (offensively or defensively).

And again, context. The question was asked for the purposes of gauging the success of guys who USE wrestling against Tony. Not "Hey, name a guy who beat Tony who wrestled at some point in his life but who's really a striker in MMA that has lackluster grappling overall."
No, that wasn't the question. The question was, who was the last wrestler to beat Tony. It wasn't who was the last person who beat Tony because of their wrestling.

The fact that Michael Johnson has a wrestling background does in fact make him a wrestler. His TDD is 79%, that's pretty damn good for someone that apparently isn't a wrestler. Your opinion is irrelevant on this topic.

And if D1 is the only thing that matters to you, then what does that make Khabib and GSP?

No, that wasn't the question. The question was, who was the last wrestler to beat Tony. It wasn't who was the last person who beat Tony because of their wrestling.

The fact that Michael Johnson has a wrestling background does in fact make him a wrestler. His TDD is 79%, that's pretty damn good for someone that apparently isn't a wrestler. Your opinion is irrelevant on this topic.

And if D1 is the only thing that matters to you, then what does that make Khabib and GSP?

D1 isn't the only thing that matters at all. You used two examples of great fighters who through their careers have predominantly used grappling as their main weapon. And you're comparing them to...Michael Johnson LMAO???

What this boils down to is that you are using the literal way the question was worded to try to deflect from the fact that you and anyone else that reads this know EXACTLY what the guy was getting at when he asked it. Do you honestly think this isn't being noticed?

Khabib will pull out. The new fight will be Tony vs Conor for interim belt. Khabib will then be scheduled to face Justin, who wins by Peruvian Cock Lock.

Ronda Rousey comes out of retirement in the first intercontinental cross gender match and almost gets an armbar on Justin but then Tony crashes into the cage on a Honda E50 Scooter and smashes a chair over her head.

Conor, who was hiding in the rafters, swings down to Ronda's defense and kicks Tony into the media tables where it knocks over Joe Rogan's Nitro Coffee. Enraged, Joe takes to the cage and spinning side kicks Conor in the face.

That's when we see it... a gleam of metal under the cut on Conor... he's a terminator!

Everyone in the cage turns to face the cyborg sent from the future to terminatorize Sara Conor before John Conor is born and stops the AI from taking over UFC UFC fight pass and only playing reruns of Gilmore girls.

It is anyone's guess what happens then, but we will find out ONLY on Pay Per View with ESPN plus brought to you by Jolt Cola and Proper 12.

D1 isn't the only thing that matters at all. You used two examples of great fighters who through their careers have predominantly used grappling as their main weapon. And you're comparing them to...Michael Johnson LMAO???

What this boils down to is that you are using the literal way the question was worded to try to deflect from the fact that you and anyone else that reads this know EXACTLY what the guy was getting at when he asked it. Do you honestly think this isn't being noticed?
I'm not comparing them to Michael Johnson.

And I've told you on multiple posts that the question wasn't who was the last person to beat Tony with their wrestling, it was who was the last wrestler to beat Tony. Michael Johnson is a wrestler who last beat Tony Ferguson. I also said that Tony rarely fights wrestlers.

I'm not comparing them to Michael Johnson.

And I've told you on multiple posts that the question wasn't who was the last person to beat Tony with their wrestling, it was who was the last wrestler to beat Tony. Michael Johnson is a wrestler who last beat Tony Ferguson. I also said that Tony rarely fights wrestlers.

Let me try to simplify here: Using basic common sense, what do you think was the point of that guy asking that question? To find out the last time Tony lost to someone who had ever wrestled competitively at any time in their life, or was he more likely alluding to Tony losing to someone who is stylistically a wrestler in terms of their MMA career? The answer is very obvious but...you are still clinging to the literal question asked as though it has actual relevance.

Technically Usain Bolt was a professional soccer player because he played a few games as a gimmick for some club a few years ago. But absolutely nobody thinks of him as a soccer player. He's a track star that played a couple soccer games. If someone asks who fastest pro soccer player is, nobody would think of Bolt because while technically he'd be the right answer, everyone would realize that's not in the spirit of what was asked. Everyone except losers who try to use semantics to dig their heels in on dumb stances anyway.

Let me try to simplify here: Using basic common sense, what do you think was the point of that guy asking that question? To find out the last time Tony lost to someone who had ever wrestled competitively at any time in their life, or was he more likely alluding to Tony losing to someone who is stylistically a wrestler in terms of their MMA career? The answer is very obvious but...you are still clinging to the literal question asked as though it has actual relevance.

Technically Usain Bolt was a professional soccer player because he played a few games as a gimmick for some club a few years ago. But absolutely nobody thinks of him as a soccer player. He's a track star that played a couple soccer games. If someone asks who fastest pro soccer player is, nobody would think of Bolt because while technically he'd be the right answer, everyone would realize that's not in the spirit of what was asked. Everyone except losers who try to use semantics to dig their heels in on dumb stances anyway.
bro let it go, he ll find out the truth on ufc 249 ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back