Just Tony getting ready to destroy Khabib

Let me try to simplify here: Using basic common sense, what do you think was the point of that guy asking that question? To find out the last time Tony lost to someone who had ever wrestled competitively at any time in their life, or was he more likely alluding to Tony losing to someone who is stylistically a wrestler in terms of their MMA career? The answer is very obvious but...you are still clinging to the literal question asked as though it has actual relevance.

Technically Usain Bolt was a professional soccer player because he played a few games as a gimmick for some club a few years ago. But absolutely nobody thinks of him as a soccer player. He's a track star that played a couple soccer games. If someone asks who fastest pro soccer player is, nobody would think of Bolt because while technically he'd be the right answer, everyone would realize that's not in the spirit of what was asked. Everyone except losers who try to use semantics to dig their heels in on dumb stances anyway.
Well he asked a literal question and I gave him a literal answer. You're the one that continues to comment insinuating he asked something that he in fact didn't.

Nothing you say changes what he asked and what I answered. Michael Johnson is a wrestler with a solid pedigree that chooses to stand and strike and he is also the last man to defeat Tony Ferguson on the scorecards. Those are facts, your opinion is just that, an opinion.

God how I wish Tony cut his face, multiple times, turning it into bloody mask and then strangle him like anaconda strangling a rat.

Well he asked a literal question and I gave him a literal answer. You're the one that continues to comment insinuating he asked something that he in fact didn't.

Nothing you say changes what he asked and what I answered. Michael Johnson is a wrestler with a solid pedigree that chooses to stand and strike and he is also the last man to defeat Tony Ferguson on the scorecards. Those are facts, your opinion is just that, an opinion.

So you are being purposefully obtuse, got it.

Also, who determines a "solid pedigree"? You? Nice try. That is YOUR opinion.

By your moronic logic I could argue that any MMA fighter that took a one day wrestling seminar when they were in 5th grade is "a wrestler".

You think playing semantics wins you arguments? Nope.

So you are being purposefully obtuse, got it.

Also, who determines a "solid pedigree"? You? Nice try. That is YOUR opinion.

By your moronic logic I could argue that any MMA fighter that took a one day wrestling seminar when they were in 5th grade is "a wrestler".

You think playing semantics wins you arguments? Nope.
Being one of the top NJCAA wrestlers when he was in college gives him a solid pedigree, but you can pretend that he's only a striker.

And that's not being purposely obtuse, that's simply answering his question. I'm sorry you think someone isn't a wrestler when they wrestled most of their life.

Being one of the top NJCAA wrestlers when he was in college gives him a solid pedigree, but you can pretend that he's only a striker.

And that's not being purposely obtuse, that's simply answering his question. I'm sorry you think someone isn't a wrestler when they wrestled most of their life.

I don't need to pretend, because aside from you, absolutely nobody would categorize him as "a wrestler" when it comes to viewing him stylistically as an MMA fighter which is the CONTEXT of the discussion.

Tony Ferguson has a better wrestling "pedigree", as he was a juco national champ. But again, nobody that has watched him actually fight in MMA would categorize him as "a wrestler" when it comes to MMA.

Evidently my attempts to teach you context have failed. I don't know how to explain it any more simply or I would.

I don't need to pretend, because aside from you, absolutely nobody would categorize him as "a wrestler" when it comes to viewing him stylistically as an MMA fighter which is the CONTEXT of the discussion.

Tony Ferguson has a better wrestling "pedigree", as he was a juco national champ. But again, nobody that has watched him actually fight in MMA would categorize him as "a wrestler" when it comes to MMA.

Evidently my attempts to teach you context have failed. I don't know how to explain it any more simply or I would.
I'm pretty sure Michael Johnson would consider himself a wrestler, so...

And Tony is also a wrestler. You don't have to categorize anything because once a wrestler, always a wrestler. You don't have to spam TDs, have a great ground game, or have great top control to be a wrestler. These guys have wrestled for most of their lives and just because some sherdogger thinks they're not wrestlers doesn't mean it's true.

You're only focusing on offensive wrestling, you are aware that there is also something called defensive wrestling, right?

I'm pretty sure Michael Johnson would consider himself a wrestler, so...

And Tony is also a wrestler. You don't have to categorize anything because once a wrestler, always a wrestler. You don't have to spam TDs, have a great ground game, or have great top control to be a wrestler. These guys have wrestled for most of their lives and just because some sherdogger thinks they're not wrestlers doesn't mean it's true.

You're only focusing on offensive wrestling, you are aware that there is also something called defensive wrestling, right?

Yes I'm well aware. So now any fighter that categorizes themselves as a wrestler is one? Why does pedigree even matter? What if you just train a bit of wrestling at your MMA gym and stuff a TD or 2 in a fight? You're a "wrestler" then?

Reality: most (nearly all) fans, analysts, etc would NOT categorize either MJ or Tony "wrestlers" when it comes to the CONTEXT of their MMA career.

You keep avoiding the discussion on context, and it's obvious why.

He stood with Conor,you think hes afraid of Tony ? Tony has half the power Conor does.

He stood with Conor for 30 seconds. He didn't stand with Conor. Nate Diaz stood with Conor. Khabib went crotch sniffing right off the bat.

Khabib could barely stand with Al Aquinta. If tries to stand with Ferguson...he will be outclassed real quick.

He stood with Conor for 30 seconds. He didn't stand with Conor. Nate Diaz stood with Conor. Khabib went crotch sniffing right off the bat.

Khabib could barely stand with Al Aquinta. If tries to stand with Ferguson...he will be outclassed real quick.

Round 3 vs conor was all stand up. Also outclassed by what? Tony has been dropped how many times? ..How many times has Khabib been dropped?

Yes I'm well aware. So now any fighter that categorizes themselves as a wrestler is one? Why does pedigree even matter? What if you just train a bit of wrestling at your MMA gym and stuff a TD or 2 in a fight? You're a "wrestler" then?

Reality: most (nearly all) fans, analysts, etc would NOT categorize either MJ or Tony "wrestlers" when it comes to the CONTEXT of their MMA career.

You keep avoiding the discussion on context, and it's obvious why.
Are you dense? This isn't about training in an MMA gym then stuffing 2 TDs, these guys wrestled as kids, teenagers, then in college. It's been a huge part of their life and likely the reason they're even in MMA. They are wrestlers no matter what you think they are.

And I'm not avoiding anything, your brain just doesn't comprehend simple things. Read the original question then read my answer, it's pretty cut and dry. You're trying change the question to fit your narrative because you're obviously a Tony Ferguson fan.

Are you dense? This isn't about training in an MMA gym then stuffing 2 TDs, these guys wrestled as kids, teenagers, then in college. It's been a huge part of their life and likely the reason they're even in MMA. They are wrestlers no matter what you think they are.

And I'm not avoiding anything, your brain just doesn't comprehend simple things. Read the original question then read my answer, it's pretty cut and dry. You're trying change the question to fit your narrative because you're obviously a Tony Ferguson fan.

Sigh...yes little fella, you are avoiding a conversation about the word "context" because you know exactly where it will lead. You can pretend that word doesn't exist if you want, but it won't change reality.

Sigh...yes little fella, you are avoiding a conversation about the word "context" because you know exactly where it will lead. You can pretend that word doesn't exist if you want, but it won't change reality.
No, you started a conversation because you couldn't read a simple question. You could've stopped, but you just kept on with it because you couldn't admit you were wrong.

I guess you think someone like Dan Henderson wasn't a wrestler either because he went for the knockout during the last 10 or so years of his career?

All is said.
Sonic--700x393.jpg

I agree ...Tony is going to win TKO/sub 3 or 4 round....can't wait to see yaw faces LOL

Back