Just Watched GSP vs Bisping Again

Yep. Multiple ACL surgeries and still a GOAT.

Meanwhile Jones constantly has to roid just to stay relevant and still arguably lost both of his last two defences.

GSP fought killers after his knee surgery, Condit, Diaz, Hendricks. Georges was so good they had to bring guys in from outside the UFC (Shields, Diaz). He didn’t cherry pick fights either, he fought only the best in and outside the UFC.

If GSP didn’t need the second surgery in 2011 after shields he wouldn’t have lost a round against Condit, Diaz or Hendricks.

Even now Usman would be Georges worst match up at WW. In his prime he beats all the guys that are in WW now.

Anderson and Jones were from different Eras.

There used to be this thing called Warrior Spirit.

Then GSP comes along in his fancy pants little suit and his, " Wee Wee I am French," getting covered in grease like a french fry when he had to fight a real man 1/2 his size in BJ Penn. There's a reason we decided to call them Freedom Fries and his name is GSP.
Always these ridiculous excuses why gsp is a duck, but all these other guys that didn't want to go up weren't. Most guys either never go up or only do it if it's favorable to them. We saw what happened when guys go up to fight much larger opponents in the Pride era for every Hendo there are a lot of guys that shortened their careers. Including guys that had some success like bj

You have to say he is a bitch for ducking MW fights because he completely dominated his own division
810954494.jpg.0.jpg

I thought GSP looked well below his usual standard in the Bisping fight.

The first part of the fight was great. Then he got noticeably tired & slower. Presumably from some combination of the added weight, lay off, colitis or age

It was a testament to his heart & skills that he was able to turn it around

That was by far the worst GSP we had seen since Serra made him change his fighting style.

Why do you think he immediately retired after "I'm contractually obligated to defend my belt?"
I thought GSP looked well below his usual standard in the Bisping fight.

The first part of the fight was great. Then he got noticeably tired & slower. Presumably from some combination of the added weight, lay off, colitis or age

It was a testament to his heart & skills that he was able to turn it around

GSP mentioned he wanted to come out with an exciting, memorable fight against Bisping, since his coaches and MMA fans acknowledge that he had a boring style.

The worst GSP as of recent times was against Hendricks.

GSP bulked up and was walking ~195 before cutting, Bisping was ~210 before the Rockhold fight, their reaches are nearly equal, and Bisping is a few inches taller. GSP basically gave up his usual physical advantages in this fight, so he couldn’t just hold down Bisping or snipe him with jabs from distance like he usually had. Bisping’s “pillow” punches were also more effective for someone used to fighting guys 15-20 lbs lighter in size as well.

That was by far the worst GSP we had seen since Serra made him change his fighting style.

Why do you think he immediately retired after "I'm contractually obligated to defend my belt?"
I don't think so, he was more aggressive in that match. Did some nice spinning heel kick combos, dropped Bisping with a nice body shot and counter left hook, then put Bisping to sleep with a rear naked choke. He did what people were complaining about his whole career, he got a finish and he set it up with his striking and not his wrestling. People said he played it safe with his striking since the Serra fight, but he was aggressive in the Bisping fight. His pace wasn't as great with the added weight, but he didn't gas and was still going strong in the 3rd round.

GSP mentioned he wanted to come out with an exciting, memorable fight against Bisping, since his coaches and MMA fans acknowledge that he had a boring style.

The worst GSP as of recent times was against Hendricks.

GSP bulked up and was walking ~195 before cutting, Bisping was ~210 before the Rockhold fight, their reaches are nearly equal, and Bisping is a few inches taller. GSP basically gave up his usual physical advantages in this fight, so he couldn’t just hold down Bisping or snipe him with jabs from distance like he usually had. Bisping’s “pillow” punches were also more effective for someone used to fighting guys 15-20 lbs lighter in size as well.
I do agree that Bisping was a tougher opponent then GSP had originally thought. That's why he came out with the "more exciting" game plan over his usual fight where my opponent doesn't want to fight style. He thought Bisping was going to be more of a pushover than he turned out to be. I honestly think before that fight GSP intended to defend and fight at MW. Bisping knocked that idea out of his head.

I disagree with the GSP in the Hendrick's fight. He looked good. Everything was on point for GSP he just ran into the speeding Mack truck that was Johnny Hendricks and still beat him 48-47.

And yes that Johnny Hendricks would've knocked out Bisping cold.

I don't think so, he was more aggressive in that match. Did some nice spinning heel kick combos, dropped Bisping with a nice body shot and counter left hook, then put Bisping to sleep with a rear naked choke. He did what people were complaining about his whole career, he got a finish and he set it up with his striking and not his wrestling. People said he played it safe with his striking since the Serra fight, but he was aggressive in the Bisping fight. His pace wasn't as great with the added weight, but he didn't gas and was still going strong in the 3rd round.
See my above post.

GSP fought killers after his knee surgery, Condit, Diaz, Hendricks. Georges was so good they had to bring guys in from outside the UFC (Shields, Diaz). He didn’t cherry pick fights either, he fought only the best in and outside the UFC.

If GSP didn’t need the second surgery in 2011 after shields he wouldn’t have lost a round against Condit, Diaz or Hendricks.

Even now Usman would be Georges worst match up at WW. In his prime he beats all the guys that are in WW now.
He cherry picked Diaz lol

The P4P GOAT, did it after a 4 year layoff too

I do agree that Bisping was a tougher opponent then GSP had originally thought. That's why he came out with the "more exciting" game plan over his usual fight where my opponent doesn't want to fight style. He thought Bisping was going to be more of a pushover than he turned out to be. I honestly think before that fight GSP intended to defend and fight at MW. Bisping knocked that idea out of his head.

I disagree with the GSP in the Hendrick's fight. He looked good. Everything was on point for GSP he just ran into the speeding Mack truck that was Johnny Hendricks and still beat him 48-47.

And yes that Johnny Hendricks would've knocked out Bisping cold.
True, GSP is smart. He never want to lose the belt by losing a match, he would rather get stripped or vacate like he did with WW belt. Even though I think he may still have been able to beat Whitaker with a wrestling/grappling heavy game plan, he didn't want to risk it. GSP is focused on his legacy and he doesn't want a loss to tarnish anything.

George really improved his game during his layoff and it is disappointing that we saw glimpses of his improvements in the Bisping fight.

With that said, GSP beats Khabib and Usman at 170

Hey man, he came back at a higher weight class and beat the middleweight champion.

I couldnt have been happier that night. That and Thug Rose pulling off the upset. Amazing.

Only thing that could have made that night better was Cody pulling off a win against TJ.

Back