Media Justin Gaethje "Will Be 6 Months, At LEAST, Before Taking Any Shots"

yeah that loss put him back 2 wins to get a title shot again

yeah that loss put him back 2 wins to get a title shot again
Maybe not. People thought the same about Poirier when Justin KO'd him but now look at the scene. Plus nobody is really making waves coming up through LW. Him and Charles are in the same boat, maybe make that rematch early next year.

f9d5ab6b-a5bf-4747-9280-3457743ef5ba_text.gif

Holloway supposedly doesn't spar anymore so gaethje won't have to worry about not sparring for 6 months.

If he wants to continue fighting, he should take one year off. Freddie Roach took Manny out for a year after his Ko loss to Marquez.

Maybe not. People thought the same about Poirier when Justin KO'd him but now look at the scene. Plus nobody is really making waves coming up through LW. Him and Charles are in the same boat, maybe make that rematch early next year.
good point. but then again, 6 months is a tonuva time for some youngsters to make a name for themselves in a division.

Didn't say anything about not training...taking any shots I would beleive is just sparring.
Possibly, but losing half a year at age 35 in lightweight is almost fatal especially in a deep division.
I think he should be calling for an Charles rematch as a title eliminator asap when he's ready.

good point. but then again, 6 months is a tonuva time for some youngsters to make a name for themselves in a division.

Not looking great

Arman Tsarukyan
Rank increased by 3
2Charles OliveiraRank decreased by 1
3Justin GaethjeRank decreased by 1
4Dustin PoirierRank decreased by 1
5Mateusz Gamrot
6Beneil DariushRank increased by 1
7Michael ChandlerRank decreased by 1
8Rafael Fiziev
9Max HollowayNR
10Renato MoicanoRank increased by 3
11Dan HookerRank decreased by 2
12Jalin TurnerRank decreased by 2
13Benoît Saint DenisRank decreased by 2
14Rafael Dos AnjosRank decreased by 2
15Bobby Green

Gamrot and Fiziev were two guys people were thinking of but they have kind of showed their ceiling imo already and Fiziev is still out from an injury too right

BSD just got stopped but he could have potential to win two quick ones in brutal fashion and be right there but other than that it's just old dudes or dudes nowhere near the Islam level

Not looking great

Gamrot and Fiziev were two guys people were thinking of but they have kind of showed their ceiling imo already and Fiziev is still out from an injury too right

BSD just got stopped but he could have potential to win two quick ones in brutal fashion and be right there but other than that it's just old dudes or dudes nowhere near the Islam level

I think it's moreso his age for me, he's already 35 in lightweight which is old for that weight and he got starched and ran through the whole fight.
We all saw what happened to Tony.

I think it's moreso his age for me, he's already 35 in lightweight which is old for that weight and he got starched and ran through the whole fight.
We all saw what happened to Tony.

Age and surprisingly poor TDD, maybe even sketchy BJJ

I just wanted to show with my post that there really aren't any youngsters in the top 15 with that much potential so I wouldn't say 6 months would be a ton of time for something exciting to pop up

Back