K guard: The ultimate open guard

Thank you very much! Out of interest which is your favourite?
My favorite? hmmmm...tough one but i would say the escapes vid cause I feel like defense is king in bjj. Both guard retentions too. Actually your stuff is all money and what i like about it, is its in great detail but simple to absorb and execute cause you explain the concepts behind the techniques rather than just moves. Thank you for you!

My newest instructional on K guard is out now! It is vol 1 of a 3 part series on Open Guard. The other two being vol 2 DLR and waiter, vol 3RDLR and leg entanglements.

Let me know if you have any questions! Link below

https://bjjfanatics.com/products/no...-k-guard-by-lachlan-giles?rfsn=2691516.3afc7d

Love all your stuff Lach. Half guard, no gi chokes, and 50/50 all changed my game, I have the guard retention but I haven't been able to study it as much as I want to. Thanks for making good quality and affordable videos!

You ever watch old Pancrase? Funaki was using K-guard constantly. It was one of his favorite ways of attacking the legs.

I'm sure this is a great instructional!

Yes it is a very versatile guard. I don't train MMA but a few people have commented on it's effectiveness in that!

I'm still unclear as to what K-guard is, and why it's even a useful categorization for a position.

Though if Lach thinks it's a good idea, it's probably just me who's dense. Thank you for blessing us.

I'm still unclear as to what K-guard is, and why it's even a useful categorization for a position.

Though if Lach thinks it's a good idea, it's probably just me who's dense. Thank you for blessing us.

It is a position that has been around a long time but never really had a name, sort of reminiscent of the position people used to enter kneebars from. Of recent times people have found more connections with getting to backside 50/50, X guard and leg entanglements, to the point where it is distinct enough from other positions that it warrants having its own name. I didn't come up with the name, I think it was Neil Melanson.

I didn't come up with the name, I think it was Neil Melanson.
Yep, it was Melanson. He named it for Ken Shamrock, who used to use it to attack legs.

Back