Opinion Kamala Harris Blames Climate Change for the Border Crisis

Deserts all over the world are growing exponentionally and furtile land is shrinking because of climat change that has been a known fact for over 40 years.
I learned about it in elementary school in early to mid 70's, some 45 years ago and it only got worse.
So yes climate change is 100% part of the reason why people from those places cannot stay there anymore.
Here in Europe we will get many more people from Africa in the comming years, simply because Africa is turning into 1 big desert.
But I don't care since we in the first world nations are mostly responsible for it, we should get the bill for it as well.

Africa is not turning into one big desert.

It is incredibly varied with a tremendous amount of fertile lands and and untapped resources.

The first world isn’t responsible for climate change (whatever your clearly limited grasp of that may be) In fact the first world is doing whatever can be done to fight and reverse climate change. Whether that is possible or not is unknown. What actual effect humans have is unknown.

China India Brazil and areas that are still developing are those who are doing the things that we think contribute to climate change you jackass.

Last edited:
Worded that way? Probably not. But you're definitely going to get looking for work as one answer and escaping drug violence as another.

Whether it be extreme tropical storms destroying infrastructure or drought destroying crops, opportunity for work is 100% impacted by climate change. And one of the consequences to that is drugs become one of the few stable sources of income, leading to a rise in cartel power and violence.

Mexico's unemployment rate has been plummeting for a decade.

Africa is not turning into one big desert.

It is incredibly varied with a tremendous amount of fertile lands and and untapped resources.

The first world isn’t responsible for climate change (whatever your clearly limited grasp of that may be) In fact the first world is doing whatever can be done to fight and reverse climate change. Whether that is possible or not is unknown. What actual effect humans have is unknown.

China India Brazil and areas that areas still developing are those who are doing the things that we think contribute to climate change you jackass.
I mean it took us regulating and dedicating resources to get better in that regard. Considering we are China's biggest customers, it is a bit on us to demand more, even if that means some increase to the costs. That incentive to deregulate for profit is a result of first world capitalism.

Not saying you aren't right that China and India need to get their shit together more than anyone, it's just definitely on us too and we still can improve.

Mexico's unemployment rate has been plummeting for a decade.
And your point is? I made it a point to remind you she only said it was a factor and not the factor.

I mean it took us regulating and dedicating resources to get better in that regard. Considering we are China's biggest customers, it is a bit on us to demand more, even if that means some increase to the costs. That incentive to deregulate for profit is a result of first world capitalism.

Not saying you aren't right that China and India need to get their shit together more than anyone, it's just definitely on us too and we still can improve.

We can be better, I won’t argue that.

He's not! Global warming is what killed the extremely lucrative Ecuadorian ice mining business!

It’s really sad how some people simply believe anything they see or hear when it fits their politics. I mean truly pathetic.

I’m plain conservative on a lot of issues. But I’m open to climate change. I think that politicians are wrong to use it as a means to do whatever they want to citizens in terms of taxing and forcing us to adopt technologies or behaviors. I’m also highly skeptical of the amount of change that can be attributed to humans when we have such limited data over time and we know for sure that the climate change on this planet is cyclical over massive amounts of time. I’m also skeptical of what can be done to fight it, but I do think we should try, and I believe wholeheartedly that we should do what we can do to preserve the health of our planet, the air and water, animal life, and we should avoid being wasteful, etc.

But I really have to give these disgusting Dems some fucking credit man. Tying the embarrassment of our southern border to climate change is an elite level sidestep, it’s practically a pirouette. They know how to tickle the reward centers of their voters brains. That’s for damn sure.

And your point is? I made it a point to remind you she only said it was a factor and not the factor.
And you haven't demonstrated that its factor. You said people were leaving because tropical storms killed their agriculture industry and there were no more jobs. But until Covid, I see 10 straights of GDP and job growth. Mexico's unemployment rate is lower than the US.

It’s really sad how some people simply believe anything they see or hear when it fits their politics. I mean truly pathetic.

I’m plain conservative on a lot of issues. But I’m open to climate change. I think that politicians are wrong to use it as a means to do whatever they want to citizens in terms of taxing and forcing us to adopt technologies or behaviors. I’m also highly skeptical of the amount of change that can be attributed to humans when we have such limited data over time and we know for sure that the climate change on this planet is cyclical over massive amounts of time. I’m also skeptical of what can be done to fight it, but I do think we should try, and I believe wholeheartedly that we should do what we can do to preserve the health of our planet, the air and water, animal life, and we should avoid being wasteful, etc.

But I really have to give these disgusting Dems some fucking credit man. Tying the embarrassment of our southern border to climate change is an elite level sidestep, it’s practically a pirouette. They know how to tickle the reward centers of their voters brains. That’s for damn sure.

I just miss when people cared about actual pollution. Alex Jones makes a great point about the ecological crisis caused by estrogens in the water supply, or about the impending fertility crisis from microplastics, and people laugh at him about it. I can't stand when preaches to me about climate change, when 90% of their belongings are plastic shit made in China.

I love it when American politicians ignore America's problems and go about spending time, resources and our tax dollars on people in other countries.

This is what happens when you elect radical liberals. They don't give a shit about you. Stop electing these people.

I just miss when people cared about actual pollution. Alex Jones makes a great point about the ecological crisis caused by estrogens in the water supply, or about the impending fertility crisis from microplastics, and people laugh at him about it. I can't stand when preaches to me about climate change, when 90% of their belongings are plastic shit made in China.

Yeah. It’s wild how I used to listen to Jones about 20 years ago because I thought conspiracy theories were interesting. More of a wow, I wonder if any of this shit could be true sort of curiosity. And then slowly but surely a ton of the shit that nutbag was talking about is coming to pass. More and more scientists have opened up about the threat of micro plastics and I’ve heard about the threat of estrogens or substances that mimic estrogen. Combine that with the shit tier food, the fear of outdoors, the fear of others, weak families, and, well, look at where we are.

This whole issue of climate change is one of the reasons why when I shop I’ll do everything I can to avoid shit made in China. Or when it’s gift season for whatever I’ll tell people to give me a baked good I particularly like or a gift card when they ask what I want. I don’t want a bunch of consumer shit that I don’t need that’s probably made in China that I’ll wind up tossing out in a few years. I’ll take a good meal and quality time over some Knick knack.

And you haven't demonstrated that its factor. You said people were leaving because tropical storms killed their agriculture industry and there were no more jobs. But until Covid, I see 10 straights of GDP and job growth. Mexico's unemployment rate is lower than the US.
Here's an article that goes more in to it. It's definitely not just Mexicans that are on our southern border.

Are you saying there isn't high child mortality rates in Africa?
1200px-Infant_mortality_map_of_the_world_2019.svg.png
What’s the birth rate and what’s the population growth there?
Just check the population 25 years ago and today, then tell me if this is somehow a sane direction they’re heading over there.

What’s the birth rate and what’s the population growth there?
Just check the population 25 years ago and today, then tell me if this is somehow a sane direction they’re heading over there.
I never said it was a stable situation over there, there's a million reasons as to why that is. If you want those numbers, you can present them to me.

I never said it was a stable situation over there, there's a million reasons as to why that is. If you want those numbers, you can present them to me.
From 1995 to 2019
Ethiopia : 57m - 112m
Nigeria : 107m - 201m
Egypt : 62m - 100m
Tanzania : 29m - 58m
I could go on along the same pattern.

The point is : child death rate has been drastically brought down over the same period of time due to everything except the kitchen sink being thrown at the these countries in form of medical, financial and nutritional aide, figuratively speaking.
People haven’t changed their habits and it should be called out immediately.
The pandering attitudes of the westerners aren’t helping either, because after decades of throwing money at the problem hasn’t solved shit, apart from some fat fucks fleecing their pockets and spending the foreign aide in luxury products.

From 1995 to 2019
Ethiopia : 57m - 112m
Nigeria : 107m - 201m
Egypt : 62m - 100m
Tanzania : 29m - 58m
I could go on along the same pattern.

The point is : child death rate has been drastically brought down over the same period of time due to everything except the kitchen sink being thrown at the these countries in form of medical, financial and nutritional aide, figuratively speaking.
People haven’t changed their habits and it should be called out immediately.
The pandering attitudes of the westerners aren’t helping either, because after decades of throwing money at the problem hasn’t solved shit, apart from some fat fucks fleecing their pockets and spending the foreign aide in luxury products.
The countries you listed as growing are on the lower end of the mortality rates in the region. You're just saying they're improving, not quickly enough, but they're getting help and dying less. They're still dying at a rate the rest of the world isn't close too, relatively speaking.

And it doesn't matter how much money and resources you throw at these problems when the countries lack stable governments to distribute the resources. These problems directly stem from European colonialism and Western influencr. The countries were divided by land borders with multiple ethnic groups being in the same territory and vying for power. It's a mess, and it's not just because they're not being held accountable. That's some reductive nonsense.

I.. I just told you what the logic was. Is two sentences really too much for you to read? A lot of kids die, so more kids are insurance. Those kids tend to become a source of work and take care of the parents when they're too old to work in place of a stable government providing a safety net for dependables.

By your logic, things were much better for Europe in the Middle Ages when the average life expectancy was 30 and they had a dozen kids on average. Is that what you're arguing?

Let's drop the insults, ok?

I didn't attack you, yes I can read.

I understand everything you wrote just fine. It's still stupid to me, and won't be anything but.

We can't even find enough food to fill our stomachs, but let's have 10 kids because surely with 12 mouths to feed instead of 2, food will magically appear and find it's way into our stomach.

And then, IF they somehow manage to make it to adulthood, then they have 10 kids each, and those original 10 kids turn into 100, in a country that can't even manage to feed the 2 original parents, its just so backwards.

Yes, I understand they don't have pensions and retirement funds, and the kids help look after them, it's still backwards to me.

If you don't agree that's fine, but no need to start tossing insults in a civil convo.

The countries you listed as growing are on the lower end of the mortality rates in the region. You're just saying they're improving, not quickly enough, but they're getting help and dying less. They're still dying at a rate the rest of the world isn't close too, relatively speaking.

And it doesn't matter how much money and resources you throw at these problems when the countries lack stable governments to distribute the resources. These problems directly stem from European colonialism and Western influencr. The countries were divided by land borders with multiple ethnic groups being in the same territory and vying for power. It's a mess, and it's not just because they're not being held accountable. That's some reductive nonsense.
Would you like me to continue that list?
I’m saying that what’s going on in Africa is fucking frightening : people and countries unable to take care of themselves but they keep on multiplying.
It’s a grim future my friend and the relatively recent trend of taking loans from China to finance Chinese supplied, built and operated projects will add fuel to the fire.
There is a limit how long colonialism can be used as a valid excuse, since the infra and other resources were inherited by newly independent nations, on a timeline that spans more than half a century the least while still being fed and supplied by the westerners. There are nations that haven’t had the same foundations and the same level of help and they have gotten themselves up and going : study them and implement similar methods, nothing else works.
Things won’t get any better unless we (I guess I mean politicians and people in positions of power) speak about this with the utmost clarity and zero excuses : the governments over there won’t autocorrect themselves, the corruption won’t go away and the average person won’t change age old habits unless they’re confronted about the stupidity of it all.
It’s harsh but it is what it is.

Let's drop the insults, ok?

I didn't attack you, yes I can read.

I understand everything you wrote just fine. It's still stupid to me, and won't be anything but.

We can't even find enough food to fill our stomachs, but let's have 10 kids because surely with 12 mouths to feed instead of 2, food will magically appear and find it's way into our stomach.

And then, IF they somehow manage to make it to adulthood, then they have 10 kids each, and those original 10 kids turn into 100, in a country that can't even manage to feed the 2 original parents, its just so backwards.

Yes, I understand they don't have pensions and retirement funds, and the kids help look after them, it's still backwards to me.

If you don't agree that's fine, but no need to start tossing insults in a civil convo.
I don't know what you want. You quoted my post, didn't address anything in it, and then just reasserted your initial statement. I shouldn't have to explain to you how conversations work. The insult is you quoting me and ignoring everything I said.

I don't know what you want. You quoted my post, didn't address anything in it, and then just reasserted your initial statement. I shouldn't have to explain to you how conversations work. The insult is you quoting me and ignoring everything I said.

Bad mood today or something?

You're usually not this cranky.

Also, I didnt ignore anything you said at all, in fact I agreed with some of your points and told you I understand the kids take care of the adults later in life.

My point is that a country that has 2 starving parents, who can't manage to find enough food for themselves, should be discouraging people from having 10 kids, which turn into 100, which turn into 1000 - when there is NO FOOD TO EAT. (Not yelling, emphasis)

1) race card
2) climate change
3) race card again
4) orange man

Wouldn't expect anything else