Karate nerd vs Thai fighter

You don't learn good defence with playful sparring, also u take training less seriously because u know u r not gonna get beat up

Last edited:
Such a fun and entertaining video. Thanks for the post!

You don't learn good defence with playful sparring, also u take training less seriously because u know u r not gonna get beat up

Not true, amigo. Of course hard sparring have its time and place in learning, but is not really up for debate that you learn more when less risk is involved.

Not true, amigo. Of course hard sparring have its time and place in learning, but is not really up for debate that you learn more when less risk is involved.

Yeah there's a difference between "lazy sparring" where you don't do stuff you should because you know it's sparring, and "light sparring" where you do everything you should just with a low intensity.

No es verdad, friend. Just hard sparring is the real Sparring, the other thing is a game lol
If you werent a street fighter.. the first couple of months should be full speed but half force of the strikes, after that full force allowed

I don't say a savage wild fight, thats something of noobs, when 2 fighters have developed decent defence and attack.. that wouldn't happen

I think in all the fighting arts just Boxing does this, we need to copy that

Last edited:
No es verdad, friend. Just hard sparring is the real Sparring, the other thing is a game lol
If you werent a street fighter.. the first couple of months should be full speed but half force of the strikes, after that full force allowed

I don't say a savage wild fight, thats something of noobs, when 2 fighters have developed decent defence and attack.. that wouldn't happen

Most people acknowledge that hard sparring should not be done too regularly.

If your students can't learn from light or medium sparring maybe you're a poor instructor/coach or a poor sparring partner.

Most people acknowledge that hard sparring should not be done too regularly.

If your students can't learn from light or medium sparring maybe you're a poor instructor/coach or a poor sparring partner.
They can learn, but im "talking" about making MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing and the rest.. better

You weren’t kidding about the nerd thing.
jesse enkamp(karateka practioner) calls himself by the "karate nerd" title. It might not be the TS scoffing or riddiculing at him lol

I guess it really depends on what you want out of it. I agree that hard sparring get you used to fighting because you fight the way you train but people can only take so many hard punches to the head and that number is different for everybody. I see sparring as basically drilling that has less restrictions. I actually really like sparring drills where you work on specific things to make a particular skill repeatable.

I actually think a lot of other stuff is important too like enough sleep and rest, watching film of yourself and your opponent, developing a game plan just for your opponent, etc. However, that won’t develop the toughness of hard sparring. That is the truth but I don’t think a person should only be doing hard sparring all the times and nothing else.

That's what the general mindset was 50 years ago. No high-level fighters or coaches advocate hard sparring all the time nowadays. Literally none. I hope I won't have to explain who the people below are.

ITT, we learn who's never stepped foot in a good boxing gym.

You learn more from light sparring and flow sparring; its where you can experiment and work new material you've been drilling all week to test out. When its hard spar gym wars all the time, you dont do that and never get the time or confidence to enact it in sparring, if that keeps up, fight night comes, what was supposed to be a jab ends up looking like a face planted overhand.

Hard sparring once or twice a camp is good to test and shock yourself to see where you stand, the rest should be lighter with more drill-like (which ends up being sparring like when you do it correctly)

Whats your fight record? how long have you trained.

Because this is quite literally one of the most baseless comments I've seen in a very long time. You've already tried to correct one professional fighter when you replied to @Lucas Coradini and tell him he's wrong. I can't wait for you to try and correct me as well.
The more you post the more you reveal how little you know about anything to do with combat sports.

Full force sparring is something you should only do, once every few months IF you are actively fighting. Other than that there is no reason to subject your body to undue brain trauma simply to inflate your ego. I can guarantee I've fought a hell of a lot more than you and for a hell of a lot longer. And I'll tell you I did hard sparring once ever 6 months if that. Most of the time it was 50% power with full speed and simply pulling punches with the occasional full power body shot or 70% to the head.

You should be sparring to learn. 9 pulled punches, 1 to heavier punch to keep your partner honest.

Better how? By increasing the chance of brain injuries by doing too much hard sparring?
That wouldn't happen with a decent defence
That's what the general mindset was 50 years ago. No high-level fighters or coaches advocate hard sparring all the time nowadays. Literally none. I hope I won't have to explain who the people below are.

That boxer say he learned with hard sparring
The others are MMA and Kickboxing, i said hard sparring is something of boxing and we should copy that

lol Is just common sense. You think that Karate nerd would be great with that bullshit sparring?

I think you're a dipshit. I've probably done more rounds of actual fights than you have of sparring. And I can tell you I've learned far more from doing low impact sparring than hard sparring.
But what would I know I'm only a multiple time national champion in amateur boxing at multiple weightclasses with 18 years of fight experience.

lol Is just common sense. You think that Karate nerd would be great with that bullshit sparring?
I dont remenber repliyng to that guy
You're an idiot who has clearly never fought or seriously trained a day in your life.

No defense is perfect so yes hard sparring carries the danger of brain damage.

Go away and never enter a gym or dojo ever.

He straight up tells you that it's the wrong way to do it.
Says is just his opinion, he learned with hard sparring and knows the other trainers dont think like him

Back