Karate nerd vs Thai fighter

Look at boxing, real sparring is what they do. Why cant u understand that?
We already told you it wasn't the case. Boxers don't spar hard all the time. Some of the time, yes. All of the time, no. It's a myth that you made up because you don't train at a boxing gym.

This is the YT channel of Johnny Tocco's Boxing Gym, one of the best gyms in America. People from Mayweather Gym go there to get quality sparring partners.
https://www.youtube.com/user/LevantarAthletics

The channel contains dozens of sparring videos. The vast majority of them show footage of light or moderate sparring. Here's an exemple. Do you still think boxers only do hard sparring?

They dont concentrate in the argument, they concentrate on me
Is common sense, if somebody doesnt fight for money and knows the sparring would be easy, he woulndt train seriously, because training is about boring repetition for hours everyday. The sparring is training, but is a fight, if is not a fight is like practice swimming with no water
We’re asking about your experience because it does matter. Watching is one thing but actually training is another. It sounds like you don’t know what you’re talking about and just talk in generalities. It’s no different listening to an inexperienced virgin trying to fake it with his more experienced friends when they talk about hooking up with women.

Light sparring and drilling helps fix weaknesses and hep you develop a repeatable skill. If you spar all the time, you body breaks down and you can’t get in as many reps and rounds of training. There might be a theme to it as well to fix a weakness or game plan for an opponent who you have tape on and work on drilling things to expose their weakness.

Look at basketball players. Do they go 100% all the times in practice? No, but they do sometimes. Probably more than we can spar hard but they do a bunch of team drills at much reduced speeds and intensity to practice certain strategies. Look at the way the Thais train.

I really doubt you train and so you probably don’t understand the nuisances of the fight game. You probably just want to see guys bang and that’s the extent of your knowledge. People should bang in practice because people bang in competitions.

Do you even box, bro?

I do love that he said 'lets do it like boxing because they do it right' and in the other thread he was like 'muay thai can't be good because they don't make money' - but boxers LITERALLY do it the way he says. This guy most likely doesn't train. My guess is he's a lesson here and there kinda guy

I do love that he said 'lets do it like boxing because they do it right' and in the other thread he was like 'muay thai can't be good because they don't make money' - but boxers LITERALLY do it the way he says. This guy most likely doesn't train. My guess is he's a lesson here and there kinda guy
lesson here and there kinda guy? he's a sit on the sidelines, and watch other people do lessons here and there kinda guy.

I doubt he's ever stepped foot inside a gym. He can't point out a single detail or instance that supports his opinion and it's clear he has no idea what he's talking about. It was fairly obvious from the beginning but I wanted to see how much of a fool he'd make of himself.

We already told you it wasn't the case. Boxers don't spar hard all the time. Some of the time, yes. All of the time, no. It's a myth that you made up because you don't train at a boxing gym.

This is the YT channel of Johnny Tocco's Boxing Gym, one of the best gyms in America. People from Mayweather Gym go there to get quality sparring partners.
https://www.youtube.com/user/LevantarAthletics

The channel contains dozens of sparring videos. The vast majority of them show footage of light or moderate sparring. Here's an exemple. Do you still think boxers only do hard sparring?

Who r they? that Boxer trainer in the video somebody put here said he did hard 80% of the time, he did light with guys that werent at his level
They still does more hard sparring than us

We’re asking about your experience because it does matter. Watching is one thing but actually training is another. It sounds like you don’t know what you’re talking about and just talk in generalities. It’s no different listening to an inexperienced virgin trying to fake it with his more experienced friends when they talk about hooking up with women.

Light sparring and drilling helps fix weaknesses and hep you develop a repeatable skill. If you spar all the time, you body breaks down and you can’t get in as many reps and rounds of training. There might be a theme to it as well to fix a weakness or game plan for an opponent who you have tape on and work on drilling things to expose their weakness.

Look at basketball players. Do they go 100% all the times in practice? No, but they do sometimes. Probably more than we can spar hard but they do a bunch of team drills at much reduced speeds and intensity to practice certain strategies. Look at the way the Thais train.

I really doubt you train and so you probably don’t understand the nuisances of the fight game. You probably just want to see guys bang and that’s the extent of your knowledge. People should bang in practice because people bang in competitions.

You think wrongly that matters. Sounds like idk what im talking about to ignorant people

I doubt he's ever stepped foot inside a gym. He can't point out a single detail or instance that supports his opinion and it's clear he has no idea what he's talking about. It was fairly obvious from the beginning but I wanted to see how much of a fool he'd make of himself.
lol You r funny.. dork

Last edited:
Who r they? that Boxer trainer in the video somebody put here said he did hard 80% of the time, he did light with guys that werent at his level

You think wrongly that matters. Sounds like idk what im talking about to ignorant people

lol You r funny.. dork
Did you actually watch the video?
He literally says he doesn't think that was the right way to train people like 10 seconds later...

My bad you're just a shitty obvious troll.

Lol you do realise I am probably the stand up forums most experienced boxer right? Outside of guys like @sweetviolenturg who had a 20 year head start on me
I dont know who the f.. are you
And? r u a MT fanboy now?
Did you actually watch the video?
He literally says he doesn't think that was the right way to train people like 10 seconds later...

My bad you're just a shitty obvious troll.
I dont have time to watch all that. He said he doesnt train people like he was trained basically
lol Forum people always obsessed with trolls, all of u actually act like trolls

lol You r funny.. dork
You only think people are ignorant because you don’t understand what other people that are talking about and hence you think wrongly. A truly smart person can make a complicated topic sound simple.

Maybe you’re right. Maybe hard sparring all the time is the way to go, but if it results in making people process and express information like you, then I think no additional point needs to be made.

You only think people are ignorant because you don’t understand what other people that are talking about and hence you think wrongly. A truly smart person can make a complicated topic sound simple.

Maybe you’re right. Maybe hard sparring all the time is the way to go, but if it results in making people process and express information like you, then I think no additional point needs to be made.
Hey they go hard after the second round
What i have to understand? most here just say what is your record? is a troll

Remenber.. this is not my native language

Im done with this, this section is full of boring, obnoxious, dumb fanboys

I said it again.. we need HARD SPARRING, is so simple, peace out :cool:

hopefully you don't come back lmao

In conclusion:

You're wrong

You were proven wrong

You CHOSE to ignore all the information that proved you wrong

You hide behind English not being your first language. It's got nothing to do with English not being your first language, its your attitude. Not understanding English fully wouldn't mean you have to literally make stuff up to disagree.

Yup, literally hasn't got a clue. I looked into the posts on the heavies to see what kind of guy we were dealing with, he straight up said Aldo can't be the greatest defensive fighter because of the McGregor fight, ignoring like... Aldo's entire career. He's a legit clown

Okay so:

1. Why are we ignorant?
2. Why are we followers?
3. Why are all the professional fighters and coaches who recommend light sparring to make champions wrong? And why are you right?
3. Why is this forum made up of both retired and currently competing amateurs wrong, and why are you right?

All you're doing is coming off ignorant yourself.

Basically @noc unless you answer this question, there is no reason to take anything you say seriously. (And no, it is not an ad-hominem, an ad-hominem is when you attack the person rather than the position they are maintaining, you HAVE no clear positions, henceforth cannot be ad-hominem).
If I get anything other than an answer to this, I'm just gonna ignore and put you in the 'troll' camp.
Not worth the brain power man!

been watching this thread from the stands.

it would take seconds to profile and get inside this guys head but it just oozes weakness.

not worth the time brother, not worth the time.

fun fact.

one of my three main Judo coaches Chris, was a competitive ballroom dancer and emergency room trauma surgeon. I spent years working with him refining my the technique. At first I use to hate it, but then I knew I hated the corrections because I needed them. I'll always thank Chris because he defied the rank structure, passed all the more "experienced" teachers and students and appointed me to teach his classes when he went for rotator cuff surgery.

just erase that comically pathetic troll, LOL!

Not worth the brain power man!
I do agree with this.

Not worth to talk with him, he is just someone who never and ever had saw in real life even average ammy gym. And I do not have anything against them or devalue them in any kind.

Back