Kareem Abdul jabbar is overrated

The product on the floor was so shitty they had to entertain the fans somehow

70s had the most parity and was a really exciting time. The issue was the age demographics not the product sucking. A large part of the country knew life before the NBA was even founded.

The NFL is proof american sports fans want parity and the NBA's lack of parity is the main reason it is number 2 and will stay number 2. The 80s were a hit because they liked basketball not because of the Lakers v Celtics rivalry. Also quite a few teams thought they had a chance like the Bucks, Mavs etc even if they actually didn't. This kept more fanbases engaged than just the Celtics and Lakers.

I guessed he didn't have many 3s so looked it up and he had exactly ONE. That is some kind of feat on its own

So this is your new schtick sir?
Shitting on legends?

Quite the quandary.

No one actually did. It’s why the finals were tape delayed. Lmao

Okay, I know you are dying to say LeBron is better than Kareem.

But do you think Kareem was over rated, like worse than Willis Reed or something?

Trying to bring you back to the thread topic.

I didn't like him in Game of Death and i have never seen him play Basketball, so i guess you're right?

Okay, I know you are dying to say LeBron is better than Kareem.

But do you think Kareem was over rated, like worse than Willis Reed or something?

Trying to bring you back to the thread topic.
Over rated yes. Worse than Willis Reed no.

Based on the league being full of plumbers and used car salesman who were coked out and he could only win one title before Magic came and saved his career.

Curious which centers you would choose ahead of Kareem?

BTW - How many of the NBA players back then were plumbers and used car salesmen?

BTW - How many of the NBA players back then were plumbers and used car salesmen?

Any center who is currently in the league is ahead of him by an order of magnitude.

There are centers in my rec league who could bully abbar out of the paint/rain 3's over him.

I guarantee even Patrick Ewing would have easily put up the numbers Kareem did had he played in the 70s. Nevermind a top 10 all time C. Imaging Hakeem or the Admiral playing in KAJ's era? Or Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo defending him?

I guarantee even Patrick Ewing would have easily put up the numbers Kareem did had he played in the 70s. Nevermind a top 10 all time C. Imaging Hakeem or the Admiral playing in KAJ's era? Or Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo defending him?

I don't know, Chamberlin was about as athletic a big man as the league has ever seen. He was a top decathlete in college. The 70's had some of the best big men in the games history. Moses Malone, Bill Walton, McAdoo and Russell.

Even at the peak of their careers no one at the time was suggesting Hakeem or Robinson were better than Kareem.

As for Ewing, he was 2-6 when he played head to head vs. Kareem and Kareem average more points per game on fewer minutes played during these matchups. Plus it was at the tail end of Kareem's career. Ewing never won an MVP or got his team to the finals.

So, even at the very end of his career Kareem was outplaying Ewing. Why on earth do you think Ewing would somehow fair better if he played in the 70's?

Rudy Gobert would hold Abbar (no J) to less than 12 points.

LOL! Where ware you getting these "hot takes"?

Draymond Green averages over 10 a game vs the Jazz so I think Kareem would be quite a bit better than that.

If you need a Center for a single series a prime healthy Shaq is an excellent choice. If you're looking for a player to have their career though Shaq missed a hell of a lot of games. For a comparison Kareem played over 350 more.

Spot on. Shaq was THE most dominant player to ever play as far as being unstoppable. There was nobody who could stop him. The only way to keep him from scoring 60 was to foul him. However if you want a career, then Kareem is the obvious choice. The best big man to play for such a long period of time.

Okay I always liked Hakeem and watched him play in college. That Houston team he was on was one of the most exciting college teams I have ever seen. He was also a great pro. But even at the hight of his career I don't recall anyone suggesting he was better than Kareem. Never even a whisper of that.

On the other hand, of the three you mention Hakeem may be the best suited to play under the modern rules. Kareem and Shaq couldn't guard anyone on the outside which is pretty important in todays game.

Just my two cents.

kareem played with the two greatest guards of all time, Hakeem unfortunately played with no help for 80% of his career. His two championships were him and a bunch of guys, pretty weak team.

if he had a magic to play alongside with a few championships more for sure we would say that.

jordan picks Hakeem over shaq because of his well rounded ness. Hakeem is probably the best two way center of all time. Leads in blocks which will be untouched and top ten in steals

Shaq with Kareem's work ethic (or Kobe's work ethic, Jordan's work ethic) would have been GOAT. Jordan is GOAT because of the rare mix of talent and work ethic and mental toughness. LeBron James might surpass him statistically to a large point because he joined the league right out of high school and has played for so long already and who knows when he's going to retire. He wants to play at least one year with his oldest son. Who knows, he might wait for his other son (who's fucking HUGE for his age and appears to be skilled) as well...

From what I've seen the kids aren't even 10% of his talent?

Or are the other outside of bronny more talented?

Back